Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mahdoumi is offline Senior Member

Default Narcotics Task Force?

When I moved to 2nd Street in 2006, South Philly had an undercover narc task force. I got to know one of the officers (relative of a neighbor). I witnessed his partner and him in action on more than one occasion, and they were very effective. For a couple of years, this initiative was put on hold. OH Lee, any news of it being reinstated?
    Don't let me go all Weeblo village on your A** , angry little girl . ~ Jedi Mind Fart

Hey all of you ...WAAAHHH , Hey OP , double WAAAH ~ Ibid.

I'm beginning to think you only post on weekdays, not because of your cubicle job, but because you only have access to a computer while in summer school.
    ~ loveisnoise

O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdoumi View Post
    When I moved to 2nd Street in 2006, South Philly had an undercover narc task force. I got to know one of the officers (relative of a neighbor). I witnessed his partner and him in action on more than one occasion, and they were very effective. For a couple of years, this initiative was put on hold. OH Lee, any news of it being reinstated?

After the merger of the 3rd & 4th Districts, much has changed.

I wish we could be more proactive.
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

carloss is offline Senior Member

Homicide this time, same intersection. T-Barr's cited as a "popular South Philly tavern":

Night of violence leaves four dead
    "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells

The Uncanny Valley

Gladys is offline Senior Member

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

darthsinatra is offline Senior Member

Shekinah
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by carloss View Post
    Homicide this time, same intersection. T-Barr's cited as a "popular South Philly tavern":

Holy ****. Is T-Barr's shady? I've gone in there many times in the early evening to get takeout beers, and watched an Eagles game there a couple years ago. Always seemed like a decent place with a decent crowd. Is T-Barr's getting mixed up in whatever nonsense is going on on Jackson St?

Quote Originally Posted by carloss View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Philly.com
    A police source said that surveillance video showed a man with a hoodie come into the bar, go toward Fox, then stab him multiple times.

Barr said that nothing like this has happened in the bar's 30 years. He said that Fox used to work for him about three years ago, and then was just filling in for a female bartender over the weekend. He heard that a dozen customers were in the bar at the time. He estimated that the robber stole at least $500 from the cash register.
    Link: Bartender killed while filling in for another worker

DC1221 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthsinatra View Post
    Shekinah
    Killed himself.

Murder suspect found dead in jail cell

thoth is offline I LOOK LIKE THIS

Quote Originally Posted by DC1221 View Post
    If more people actually had a functional sense of guilt like this, just imagine how many fewer legal cases we would have to deal with. But I guess he also wouldn't have been irresponsible enough to spray a sidestreet with bullets in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1221 View Post
    Good riddance.

SPR article is out.. no new info other than that T-Barr's is closing at 8pm from now on. Still reported as a robbery.

Favor turns deadly | Police Report | News | South Philly Review

Neb
    Neb is offline Senior Member

I really hope they catch the killer. I knew George Fox for ten years. He was a good guy.
    "I seen a tortoise attack a peacock once. That sh*t was epic." --Philadelphia Zoo employee

Hiki is offline Chaos Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    SPR article is out.. no new info other than that T-Barr's is closing at 8pm from now on. Still reported as a robbery.

Favor turns deadly | Police Report | News | South Philly Review
    The article states they will be closing at 8:00pm until the funeral and thereafter closing at midnight.

The location kept its doors shuttered Monday for investigators, and reopened Tuesday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., which will continue to be its hours of operation until Fox’s burial. After that, Barr plans to close by midnight.

“I’ll never be open late again,” the 76-year-old said. “Period.”

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    I really hope they catch the killer. I knew George Fox for ten years. He was a good guy.
    They have a warrant for a suspect:

Wanted for Murder by stabbing at T-Barr’s Bar | PhillyPolice Blog
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

Omar comin yo
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

Omar comin yo
    Ah, a Wire fan.

Neb
    Neb is offline Senior Member

Omar comin yo
    That's the first thing I thought of too.
    "I seen a tortoise attack a peacock once. That sh*t was epic." --Philadelphia Zoo employee

gijyun is offline Senior Member

Omar comin yo
    Don't y'all have any honey nut?

CHIOSSO is online now Schuylkill Ranger

2 arrested in killing of South Philadelphia bartender

Two men have been arrested and charged in the fatal stabbing of a fill-in bartender during a robbery at a South Philadelphia bar in the early morning hours of June 24, police said today.

Keith Hardy, 57, was taken into custody the day after George Fox, 44, was killed inside the T-Barr, 8th and Jackson Streets, but police did not announce his arrest until today, after a second man wanted in the deadly robbery was captured.

According to police, the Homicide Fugitive Squad task force found Omar Wright, 31, on the 1200 block of South Millik Street at 6:30 a.m. and arrested him.

Hardy, of the 600 block of Fernon Street, has been charged with murder, criminal conspiracy, robbery and theft. Wright, who, police said stabbed Fox, faces similar offenses.

Police said it was sometime after 1 o'clock on that Sunday morning when a hooded robber walked into the bar with about a dozen patrons present, went up to Fox and stabbed him before fleeing with about $600.

Bar owner Tom Barr said Fox, a plumber and father of six, agreed to fill in because the regular bartender needed the night off.

Where is Millik St.?
    Moyamensing became known for its penitentiary, violent hose company, cemeteries, wretchedly poor inhabitants, and crime. Harry C. Silcox

carloss is offline Senior Member

There's a Millick Street in Cobbs Creek. That's probably the one.

They made two arrests. Somehow I imagined this was one sociopath acting alone out of desperation but it seems to have been more coordinated than that.

Glad they nabbed the pr*cks, but still in shock.
    "When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells

The Uncanny Valley