Register
+ Reply to Thread
    dogoagogo is offline Senior Member

Default Street hookers are alive and kickin on S. 15th Street...

I have to say that I am continually surprised at the blatant prostitution on South 15th Street from Federal to Reed Streets.

Every day when I drive to work, there's at least 2-3 working girls at Federal to Wharton, the pimp-types sitting on the corner of 15th and Manton, providing a home base.

Just this morning, 15 minutes ago, a white cargo van stopped on 15th, right in front of me, a skinny crack-ho walked up to the car, directed him to pull up at the corner of Wharton, and got in as I drove by. On Monday I saw a truck stop on 15th and Reed-ish, and one of the regular corner girls got out of the passenger seat and headed back North up 15th.

I see this going on at least 4-5 days a week between 4:30 - 5:30 AM, all year long. I can't help but wonder why nothing is done about it - if it's THAT obvious, where's the cops? Parked around the corner with one of the girls?

Polar Cub is offline Better than a cat

Where's the cops ? They're human too.

I saw a prostitute get into a city trash truck with two workers at 4100 Kensington Ave.
    She sat down in between both workers, inside the truck. All I can say is those large truck windows need some curtains.

O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Since you are passing through at 4:30 AM it may be very obvious to you.

Please pass on a tip at:

Philadelphia Police Department | Submit a Tip

And if you have any information of police officers acting improperly, pass that on also:

Philadelphia Police Department | Official Complaint Form
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

AngelB is offline Senior Member

Funny... We just noticed there were fewer "ladies of the night" around 7th & Wolf. Guess they shifted again.

boblee is offline Senior Member

I remember years ago when they used to work Broad and Pine.

AngelB is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by boblee View Post
    I remember years ago when they used to work Broad and Pine.
    Those "ladies" just got pushed south & east. Head to any Patco line at the early hours or try a side st.
    (This is just from a hetero gal workig in the cc bars at night till the wee hours.)

They are there in varying degrees every day - with the cameras around there, and the constant presence, I'd hope the local police would know what's going on. It's been years.

I just pass through, I don't live there, and with all the up and comers moving in over on that side, I'm surprised no one else has said or done anything in their own hood.

But - I'll fill out a form or two.

MizFormaldehyde is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dogoagogo View Post
    They are there in varying degrees every day - with the cameras around there, and the constant presence, I'd hope the local police would know what's going on. It's been years.

I just pass through, I don't live there, and with all the up and comers moving in over on that side, I'm surprised no one else has said or done anything in their own hood.

I guess because people think them girls gotta make a living too... and honestly unless they bothered me directly in any way, I wouldn't say ****. I see them around Snyder between 6th & 7th sometimes. Not to mention, I'm not sure how many people are typically out unless they work overnight. They're worried about going to bed, not ladies of the night.

MizFormaldehyde is offline Senior Member

I guess because people think them girls gotta make a living too... and honestly unless they bothered me directly in any way, I wouldn't say ****. I see them around Snyder between 6th & 7th sometimes. Not to mention, I'm not sure how many people are typically out unless they work overnight. They're worried about going to bed, not ladies of the night.

Yeah the girls have to make a living, but they also have to feed their habits, and judging from the appearance and behavior, habits trump living. As city dwellers, I assume we all understand what "habits" can lead to in any neighborhood.

You'd be surprised how many people are out and about at that time of day. Early workers, late workers and those who are gong home after extended nights of partying. It makes for an interesting commute, and on the weekends, a not-so-safe one due to the number of apparently intoxicated drivers on the road.

girlscout is offline Junior Member

i just moved to south philly in the beginning of june and have already seen at least 2 hookers get picked up on my block at broad and dickinson. it's pretty crazy how obvious it is.

Marvel is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by girlscout View Post
    i just moved to south philly in the beginning of june and have already seen at least 2 hookers get picked up on my block at broad and dickinson. it's pretty crazy how obvious it is.
    The alley called Watts street (between Juniper and Broad, Dickinson and Morris) is where the hookers work. There's a guy around Juniper and Dickinson who lets them use his apartment to shower and get high (for some trade, I'm sure) - ppl. in the neighborhood have been complaining to the police for a years.

candyfish is offline Member

Yeah they are all over South 15th. All Hours of the day. It's nothing new. They hang out in a second floor apartment at the corner of 15th and Moore. 1800 Moore St. I have made multiple anonymous tips to the first precinct to no avail. Maybe if we all make complaints it help. I feel disgusted because every time I walk past their stoop mthere are at least two men hanging outside on The stoop waiting for girls. Years ago the girls hung on Broad I think they just got chased to 15th.

VeganDike is offline Banned

I don't believe you ~ post a picture

VeganDike is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by candyfish View Post
    Yeah they are all over South 15th. All Hours of the day.
    Hearsay and conjecture at worst. We need photos!!

phillylawyer is offline Junior Member

On Saturday night, I took a quick walk to see if Hurricane Irene had impacted Broad Street. The only person I encountered was a lone hooker at the southeast intersection of Broad and Morris, a stone's throw from Watts Steet.

It warms the heart to see people so dedicated to their work. On the other hand, who's trolling for hookers in the middle of a hurricane?

Gio7707 is offline Banned

Default Tax program for prostitutes !!

You see overseas (Germany,Switzerland,Holland etc.) the "putas" pay taxes like every other citizen (basically the gov. is the pimp) ..

For me those "ladies" are victimes or survivers ..

sorry but the webpage is in German and the software will not translate it correctly ..

The number of apparatus for the ladies of the industry is a converted parking meter, the "tax-Ticket Machine" . On a display it says: "The Night 6.00". And like a parking ticket it shows the operating time: Monday to Sunday 6.00 bis 20.15 clock clock.

The sum is payable regardless of the number of customers and will bring the city of Bonn a treasury of 300,000 per year.