Please use common sense when posting here on PS. We strive for this to be a fun yet civil place to discuss everything Philly!
PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com Terms of Service (TOS)
Although the administrators and moderators of PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
A. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS BY REGISTERING WITH PHILADELPHIASPEAKS.COM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not complete the registration process.
This Terms of Service (TOS) contains the entire terms and conditions that apply to your use of PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com and all co-branded sites.
This Agreement may be modified by PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com administrators at any time. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements. The current version applies to your use of the Services and the Site both now and in the past. You can review the most current version of the Agreement at any time at: http://www.PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com/tos.html
This Agreement shall be effective for as long as you use PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com.
We require a registration process so that you may use one valid account. An account consists of: one (1) member name ("user name" or "login" or "login name") one email of record (1), and one (1) password. With a valid account, you are permitted to use this service. Your user name will be used to identify you on PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com. You may log in to PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com to use the services or modify your information, only through your one (1) account. Each individual is limited to one (1) account or user name, and only one (1) email address for your use of the service. By registering, you certify that the email address you provide in the registration is accurate and belongs to you; otherwise we have the option of suspending your account.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any and all activities that occur under your Member Name and password.
C. GUIDELINES FOR USE
PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com may be used only for lawful purposes.
You must comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations that relate to your use of or activities on this Website. We reserve the right to report potentially criminal activity to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com reserves the right to determine what constitutes internet abuse and objectionable conduct. If PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com believes that a violation of these guidelines has occurred, it may take responsive action. Such action may include, but not be limited to, permanent removal of illegal or inappropriate information or content, or suspension or termination of your membership and access to PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com. The following actions are prohibited on PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com:
1. Posting or linking to any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
2. Using a user name or posting/linking to any text or images that are sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, racially or ethnically objectionable or grossly offensive to the online community.
3. Repeated personal attacks against another user.
4. Posting private messages from another user in the public domain.
5. Revealing the identity of a forum member who wishes to remain anonymous.
6. Using cr3ative spell1ng to get around the censor filters.
7. Posting any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
8. Disrupting the PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com technical network. This includes: viruses, worms, harmful codes and trojan horses.
9. Posting or linking to defamatory and/or libelous statements that would violate any third party's privacy or publicity rights.
10. Stalking or otherwise harassing another member. Spamming, flaming or other similar activities.
11. Impersonating any person or using a name that you are not authorized to use.
12. Posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic with the intent of causing disruption or provoking a reaction from others.
13. Planning illegal activities, such as creating computer viruses, building a bomb or counterfeiting money or pirating software, Serial Numbers of products for which you do not have a registered license.
14. Promoting any products or services that are unlawful at the location at which the content is posted or received.
15. Posting any content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights or violates any confidentiality agreements or contracts of employment.
16. Intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
17. Engaging in non approved COMMERCIAL activities. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
* Offering any products or services for sale;
* Soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
* Displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services; and displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
You may be suspended from PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com if you engage in any of the behaviors above. If you violate these rules a second time, you may be banned permanently.
The use of the PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com logo and/or the PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com domain name is granted only if not modified in any way. Permission to use the logo and/or domain, if shown on the same material as another logo, graphic, or domain name must also be granted in writing. Use of the LOGO and/or DOMAIN must also not be used for commercial, malicious, illegal, or competitive reasons.
Please report any violations of the TOS to us. Please use the 'report post' icon in the lower left of the bar below the post.
F. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Terms of Service (TOS) (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that PhiladelphiaSpeaks.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Last edited by Malloy; 05-08-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Race baiting, racial intimidation, racial heckling etc. will not be tolerated on PS. We don't care if you are a racist, just don't share your racist views here. This is not a race relations forum, its a Philadelphia based discussion forum.
Racism = the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
We will decide who is in violation. Use common sense when posting and you will be fine. If the site staff does not want to see race based BS, you are better off not saying anything here on PS, or going to a site that allows it. (there are plenty)
Do not waste time trying to find holes in the rules...if you are flagged for race baiting, its prob in your best interest to just stop talking about race on PS. (Assuming you actually want to continue posting here)
There will be a 2 strike rule:
Strike 1: you will be warned via PM. The PM will detail the offense.
Strike 2: you will be banned. If you try to come back with a new IP, user name etc they will be handled.
Again, we will decide who is in violation. Do not waste time trying to work around the rules...if you are flagged for race baiting, just stop talking about race on PS. Is this censorship? No. This is a private site, and we have a few rules. Please respect them, or go elsewhere with the content that breaks the rules.
Race baiting, racial intimidation, racial heckling etc is pretty broad in scope, but painfully obvious. Some examples:
1. typing racial slurs
2. doing the trusty *wink wink* while implying negative stuff about other races
3. going into a thread about retail in Market East, or Rittenhouse and spouting off about race
4. referring to an entire race as 'creatures' 'animals' etc
5. repeatedly posting stories about crimes committed by minorities in areas other than the Philly metro
Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Race baiting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Last edited by Malloy; 05-08-2011 at 12:32 PM.