Register

Thread: dog grooming?

Default dog grooming?

Hey gang, anyone know of a good, reputable groomer that will come to your home?
    Thanks so much for the info!

This one on Craig's isn't that far and the ad has a phone number and pics. How big is your dog?

Get your dog groomed for $30!!! (Winter Promotion)

Not an at-home service but - we took our 6 month old pup to Petco in Andorra shopping center. It was $30 for a basic wash, he smells great and is so soft. This was his first actual bath so he was skittish and they were very nice & comforted him.
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~ Benjamin Franklin

I'm a fan of Petco Andorra also...good job, good price & nice staff. I wish they offered vet services also.

Petco? Why support a chain and then complain that the Ridge sucks? Their is a great little groomer on Ridge next to Family Dollar. I've taken my cat there and they are super friendly, affordable, and do a good job.

Merkin and Sons, on 795 Main Street, is worth checking out.

While these are good suggestions (I especially like the groomer on the Ridge), the OP asked for a traveling groomer to come to the house. Are there any? I've never heard of any.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMama View Post
    While these are good suggestions (I especially like the groomer on the Ridge), the OP asked for a traveling groomer to come to the house. Are there any? I've never heard of any.
    Take a look around - on the first reply I noted a guy from W Philly.

Sorry, I only read your post, not the link. The "isn't that far" part through me off.

Philly 57 - I didn't know there was a groomer on Ridge. I would definitely prefer to use a local business, but I never noticed that it was there. Thanks for the info.
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by OldMama View Post
    Sorry, I only read your post, not the link. The "isn't that far" part through me off.
    That was just a quick search and there must be more out there that are closer. No idea the size of dog though and if it's practical to groom inside the op's house.

Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    That was just a quick search and there must be more out there that are closer. No idea the size of dog though and if it's practical to groom inside the op's house.
    I was wondering about that myself. I could never get my giant dog anywhere near my tub and there was no way I could lift him. I always used the groomer on the Ridge until I moved. Even then, he was so afraid, I had to stay with him. And he was a Lab which are supposed to be water dogs! He was terrified of water.

Does anyone know the name of the groomer on Ridge so I can call to get some info and make an appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by kimlet View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the groomer on Ridge so I can call to get some info and make an appointment?
    Paw Prints

Pet Grooming Roxborough, PA - Paw Prints Professional Grooming

Our dogs have been there and we have been happy with their service.

Also, East Paws on Leverington near Main St, is excellent, however they have odd grooming hours. They did a great job the couple times we went there, but their hours don't really work for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Paw Prints

Pet Grooming Roxborough, PA - Paw Prints Professional Grooming

Our dogs have been there and we have been happy with their service.
    Thanks for the info!