If you haven't written your councilperson yet about this, please do. This is a bad bill. From my reading of the bill, this is a list of all the changes:
A full list of the changes as I read them would be:
* (Virtually) prohibits more than one residential unit in CMX-2 (it takes on the number of units of the closest residential district, which 99.999999% of the time, will be one)
* Makes animal services (including pet grooming) a special permit in CMX-2.5, foribdden in CMX-2, but still allowed in CMX-1. This is the most idiotic of the changes.
* Alllows on-premises dry-cleaning by right in CMX-2.5
* Forbids any kind group housing/personal care home in CMX-2 and CMX2-5
* Makes transit stations in CMX-2/CMX2-5 a special permit (this seems to be the most useless of O'Neill's changes)
* Requires a special permit for parking garages in CMX-2, CMX-2.5
*Forbids visitor accommodations (short stay hotels) in CMX-2/CMX-2.5
* Forbids gas stations, car repair, and car sales in CMX-2
* Requires a special permit for moving and storage companies in CMX-2/CMX-2.5 (instead of forbidding it)
* Requires a special permit for community gardens in CMX-2/2.5
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells
The Uncanny Valley
Yeah dude, they're just gonna add in more bs.
Council does not like it that you don't have to kiss their ring to get anything built all of a sudden.
"imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations hath diverse names" - Thomas Hobbes
What this city really needs is a part time, term-limited city council. These clowns have way too much time on their hands and, having nothing better to do, they legislate just for the sake of looking busy. Well that and to pander to every Tom, Dick and Mary for re-election campaign contributions and votes. They need to go get real jobs.
“Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin