Register

Default Starting new life in Philly!

I've lived in the Cincinnati area my whole life, and now in my 30s I'm moving to Philly in a few weeks! We have decided on a place in Upper Darby to start out. How do I even begin in a place I've never been to?! We are going to have to find a church (we go to a Pentecostal church now, with an awesome pastor!), there are no Krogers there (our grocery stores), nor is our bank there. I want to find a good dance studio for myself (good adult classes) and my older child (he is 3 with a TON of energy and LOVES music). I have been looking on google maps, but websites are only so informative. So, basically, does anyone have suggestions for:

A church (diverse, Biblically sound)
    A dance studio (adult and child classes)
    A bank, or possibly a credit union
    The best grocery store (we get some stuff from Whole Foods like meat, but can't afford to get everything there! We eat unprocessed foods)
    A playground in Upper Darby

Anything else that would be great for a family with two small children (boy and girl)

I appreciate any help!! Thank you!!!

Hi Jen, my wife's oldest brother has been living in UD for about 15 years and is very spiritual, so if you'd like to meet him I could provide his cell.

For shopping there's an Amelia's near there we visit that offers great prices on staples, or travel off-peak north on I-476 to the BJ's and Metroplex in Conshohocken where there's a Giant, Target, etc. Just a 20 minute drive.

BJ's has the freshest meats and the cheapest deli counter. I just secured another free 60 day membership by walking up to the cust service desk and asking for it. Ikea is next door.

Thanks for the info! Yea, finding a church is top priority. So sad to leave our church family here, but excited for what lies ahead. An email address would be great. Thanks, AsYouWere