Here's the scoop.
I need a new work horse (laptop) PC. (My 8+ year old Dell Inspiron has served me very well, but it's finally begun to bite the dust.)
My wants/needs include:
- Something relatively light. I'm too old and cranky to carry around a brick anymore, and besides, the large screen isn't so important either now that I have a nice big external flatscreen to hook up when I'm at my desk.
- Something relatively powerful. This is not because I particularly care about things like gaming but I have to be able to run software that will require me to run Windows XP in a virtual machine from Windows 7. I'm advised to get 6-8GB of memory and at least an Intel i5 second generation for this reason.
- Money is an object. (Isn't it always?)
Since I've had such good luck with my dear old Dell, I started looking at these...
Dell Home Computers Store with Home and Home Office Products (Compare Results)
And, having had some decent experience with my fun little HP mini over the past few years, I've also looked at these...
- HP Pavilion dv6 and dv6t Select Edition series | HP® Official Store
- HP Pavilion dv6 and dv6t Quad Edition series | HP® Official Store
- HP Pavilion dv7 and dv7t Quad Edition series | HP® Official Store
(However I'm also open to other brand suggestions.)
Any feedback on pros/cons of any of the above - aside from the obvious prices? Any other suggestions? Questions??
Thanks in advance!