Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tapatalk support?

Does this forum support Tapatalk? I'm thinking about buying the app but can't find a list of enabled forums.

If not, will the admins consider it? It's free.

Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

Señor Member

I don't think it is. I've looked several times.

It is really simple for a board admin to add this. Would love to see this available here.

Mods: please enable Tapatalk for PS, or let us know if it is already enabled. Thanks!
    "True freedom means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience.” ~David Foster Wallace

Strange. Earlier today, I tried to log in from my iPhone, and got the popup saying something like "there is an app for this now" or whatever. So, I figured what the hell... followed the link to the app store, and made the purchase for Tapatalk. Fired up the app only to find that philadelphiaspeaks wasn't on the list of supported sites. So.... I can't use it after all.

Why the pop-up if the app can't be used?

__Jason

Trying to get it verified and actvated. Its in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by guzzijason View Post
    Strange. Earlier today, I tried to log in from my iPhone, and got the popup saying something like "there is an app for this now" or whatever. So, I figured what the hell... followed the link to the app store, and made the purchase for Tapatalk. Fired up the app only to find that philadelphiaspeaks wasn't on the list of supported sites. So.... I can't use it after all.

Why the pop-up if the app can't be used?

__Jason
    Like PS on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    My Android said it was available for PhiladelphiaSpeaks at about 5:30P.
    Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine.

My iPhone and iPad both told me it was available for PS, but I knew the mods had to flip a switch, so figured I'd post and wait. Thanks, guys!
    "True freedom means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience.” ~David Foster Wallace

Groovy... I figured it was something like that. Good to know my $3 wasn't wasted LOL

__Jason

Just got message on my iPad at 5:40pm that the app was available for this forum. Looking forward to the switch being thrown.

It doesn't show how when I search for it.

Is this ever gonna happen?

Why is this taking so long? Is there a city employee involved?

Quote Originally Posted by scotchrocks View Post
    Why is this taking so long? Is there a city employee involved?
    Hahahahahahaha that post made my day lmao. I too have the pop up and can't find the forum on my app

Moderators, seriously, you obliterate spam with such quickness...what is the holdup with Tapatalk?

Give him a break, guys. The site is free.. so what if it takes a week or two to setup the app?

Quote Originally Posted by scotchrocks View Post
    Moderators, seriously, you obliterate spam with such quickness...what is the holdup with Tapatalk?
    We are investing some good $$$ to totally overhaul the site, so that will wait till overhaul is complete.

I hate spam...keep reporting it pls. I can whack it (and trolls) any time/place from my mobile (without tapatalk
    Like PS on Facebook!

:-(

We are investing some good $$$ to totally overhaul the site, so that will wait till overhaul is complete.

I hate spam...keep reporting it pls. I can whack it (and trolls) any time/place from my mobile (without tapatalk

Any ETA on this? Replying to posts on my Android via the web interface is painful. I'd consider actually paying for an app for the very first time to fix that.

(I also wonder whether the reduction in the quality and variety in posting/posters of late is directly related to the user unfriendlyness of interacting with this forum via Smartphones.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    Any ETA on this? Replying to posts on my Android via the web interface is painful. I'd consider actually paying for an app for the very first time to fix that.

(I also wonder whether the reduction in the quality and variety in posting/posters of late is directly related to the user unfriendlyness of interacting with this forum via Smartphones.)
    I'm looking forward to Tapatalk as well, but in the meantime Opera Mobile makes replying to posts much easier than the stock Android browser.