Register
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Deacon Blues five apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    PSquare
    Posts
    3,041

    Default Suggestions For the Forum

    I can't find a suggestions section for the forum, that could be because I am blind, but I have some ideas.

    1) I really like the way Phillyblog gives out names for the number of posts one makes. Such as Pretzel Vendor and so on. I would like to see that as well here and I would like to see it broken down by fewer posts. So a status at the beginning level, after 100 posts, 250 posts, 500 posts and so on. I think this will encourage people to post more as people are obsessed with status. Also, to distinguish the Forum from Phillyblog I would like to see different names. Set on a theme other then food and run with that. Maybe a sports theme.

    2) I also like the way phillyblog presents the posting. Imagine the Forum's current layout for posting with one of those marathon threads with over a hundred posts, I think it would become difficult to use.

    I will post more as i think of them.

  2. #2
    Administrator Malloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,109

    Default

    I just moved this to the Suggestion Forum

    1. Good idea. I would like to do that, AND give people the option to set their own titles as well. Their default will be our predetermined name if they decide to remove their 'custom' title.

    2. Can you clarify? As I see it, both PS and PB are running the same default vBulletin form layout.

  3. #3
    Deacon Blues five apples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    PSquare
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    I just moved this to the Suggestion Forum

    1. Good idea. I would like to do that, AND give people the option to set their own titles as well. Their default will be our predetermined name if they decide to remove their 'custom' title.

    2. Can you clarify? As I see it, both PS and PB are running the same default vBulletin form layout.
    Well now it looks the same but earlier it had it as a string response. So you would see the initial post and than a list under it with each subsequent response. You could jump to that individual response and not read through the whole thread.

    Edit - after posting my response it went back to the string appearance with my response shown and then in a window above the response list.

    Edit it again - Nevermind, figured out i had to change my user settings.
    Last edited by five apples; 10-30-2008 at 05:13 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Hospitalitygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Miss Mannersville
    Posts
    14,442

    Default

    I like making my own title...and did

  5. #5
    Yo, cuz... HogIslandGrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Philly/Passyunk Square
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Wow, so many more forums, and STILL no pets section. I love it.

  6. #6
    Administrator Malloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,109

    Default

    You must be blind

  7. #7
    Administrator Malloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,109

    Default



    Is this what you are talking about? I cant find a way to defeat it...

  8. #8
    Yo, cuz... HogIslandGrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Philly/Passyunk Square
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    You must be blind
    Well whaddaya know? There is a Pets section.

  9. #9
    Moderator Hospitalitygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Miss Mannersville
    Posts
    14,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HogIslandGrip View Post
    Well whaddaya know? There is a Pets section.

    Now you can start posting all sorts of pictures of kitties!
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.

  10. #10
    A Fortnight Dead hammersklavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five apples View Post
    1) I really like the way Phillyblog gives out names for the number of posts one makes. Such as Pretzel Vendor and so on. I would like to see that as well here and I would like to see it broken down by fewer posts. So a status at the beginning level, after 100 posts, 250 posts, 500 posts and so on. I think this will encourage people to post more as people are obsessed with status. Also, to distinguish the Forum from Phillyblog I would like to see different names. Set on a theme other then food and run with that. Maybe a sports theme.
    I like this idea. Why not go from, say, Kevin Kolb for the beginner to Lights Out Lidge for the senior poster?

    Or perhaps something referring to the schools? Like starting out at CCP Delinquent and going up to Penn Prof? (Just ideas, of course).

    Or perhaps a music theme? From, like, say "Street Musician" to "Jazz (Rock/Rap) Legend"?

    I also think there ought to be a drooling emoticon, like the one on Skyscraper Page. I wanted to use on to comment on a dish name and couldn't find it...
    "It was one of those moments that would have had dramatic music if my life were a movie, but instead I got a radio jingle for some kind of submarine sandwich blaring over the store's ambient stereo. Man, the movie of my life must be really low-budget." Dead Beat

    Help oppose SCRUB and bring some life back to Market East! Concerned Citizens for Market East Check out my new blog, too!

  11. #11
    Administrator Malloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,109

    Default



    Not set on the post count/title thing just yet. Give us some time

    Quote Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
    I like this idea. Why not go from, say, Kevin Kolb for the beginner to Lights Out Lidge for the senior poster?

    Or perhaps something referring to the schools? Like starting out at CCP Delinquent and going up to Penn Prof? (Just ideas, of course).

    Or perhaps a music theme? From, like, say "Street Musician" to "Jazz (Rock/Rap) Legend"?

    I also think there ought to be a drooling emoticon, like the one on Skyscraper Page. I wanted to use on to comment on a dish name and couldn't find it...

  12. #12
    A Fortnight Dead hammersklavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Oh yes, I know. Just positing themes.
    "It was one of those moments that would have had dramatic music if my life were a movie, but instead I got a radio jingle for some kind of submarine sandwich blaring over the store's ambient stereo. Man, the movie of my life must be really low-budget." Dead Beat

    Help oppose SCRUB and bring some life back to Market East! Concerned Citizens for Market East Check out my new blog, too!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •