Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First South Philly Post

I am the first post on the new board in South Philly. Yippee, South Philly rocks. Now I just need to clean up Capitolo Park this Friday for the cleanup. Why do I think it might be a tad messy.

Welcome FA If this site starts to get some traffic, I plan on breaking SPhilly into the following sub forums:
    Queen Village, Bella Vista / Hawthorne, Graduate Hospital, Passyunk Square / EPX, Point Breeze / Newbold, Pennsport, Girard Estate

This way most folks everyone will have a place to call home. Thoughts?

Oh, good luck with that! South Street is a mess. I saw some fool at about 2AM this morning take a header into someone's trash bag, which had been set out earlier in the evening. His friends helped him up. Did he think it was a big mattress?

Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    Welcome FA If this site starts to get some traffic, I plan on breaking SPhilly into the following sub forums:
    Queen Village, Bella Vista / Hawthorne, Graduate Hospital, Passyunk Square / EPX, Point Breeze / Newbold, Pennsport, Girard Estate

This way most folks everyone will have a place to call home. Thoughts?

I think that is a good idea in some ways. The only concern I would have is that some people that I have run into my area don't know the name of the area they live in. However my bet would be that people who post here would know that. I would be happy to moderate the PSquare/EPX section. Oh and you need to call it PSquare somewhere. I have been trying to get that to take off for over a year now so that it sounds hip and increases my resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Oh, good luck with that! South Street is a mess. I saw some fool at about 2AM this morning take a header into someone's trash bag, which had been set out earlier in the evening. His friends helped him up. Did he think it was a big mattress?
    I went down to broad for a half an hour yesterday and I saw someone crush the top of a car. I can only imagine the lines they had at Pat's and Genos last night.

Thanks for the feedback. I was also going to define the borders to each section to make it even easier. My home away from home while growing up was at 12&Tasker....I have a lot of love for that area. However, PSquare is really pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by five apples View Post
    I think that is a good idea in some ways. The only concern I would have is that some people that I have run into my area don't know the name of the area they live in. However my bet would be that people who post here would know that. I would be happy to moderate the PSquare/EPX section. Oh and you need to call it PSquare somewhere. I have been trying to get that to take off for over a year now so that it sounds hip and increases my resale value.

Thanks for the feedback. I was also going to define the borders to each section to make it even easier. My home away from home while growing up was at 12&Tasker....I have a lot of love for that area. However, PSquare is really pushing it

Just say to yourself, "I live in Passyunk Square," then say, "I live in PSquare." Tell me which one sounds cooler.

Conscientious Object

Psquare is not pushing anything. Did you live on the south side of Tasker? Because that's EPX.

Quote Originally Posted by PSquare Allstar View Post
    Psquare is not pushing anything. Did you live on the south side of Tasker? Because that's EPX.
    Welcome Linn St, best small house block in PSquare ;0

Welcome Linn St, best small house block in PSquare ;0
    I have lived in this area for about a year and a half, about two blocks from Tasker, and i have no idea where that is.
    "No one wanted to be mayor of Philadelphia. It was a thankless job, which for the first 56 years offered an annual salary of zero. In 1745, two men turned down the position and instead accepted large fines. In 1747, Anthony Morris fled to Bucks County to hide and thus avoid notification of his election. After Morrisís disappearance, a new election was held, and William Atwood was re-elected."

Its the little tree lined street at Passyunk and Tasker.

Quote Originally Posted by five apples View Post
    I have lived in this area for about a year and a half, about two blocks from Tasker, and i have no idea where that is.

It's a very nice, little, tree-lined street just south of Cross. It is built over the old Philanthropic Cemetery, just like Cross Street.

Ok, I know it. I will have to take a walk down it one of these days then.
    "No one wanted to be mayor of Philadelphia. It was a thankless job, which for the first 56 years offered an annual salary of zero. In 1745, two men turned down the position and instead accepted large fines. In 1747, Anthony Morris fled to Bucks County to hide and thus avoid notification of his election. After Morrisís disappearance, a new election was held, and William Atwood was re-elected."

Just watch out for the ghosts.

The homes on the left side have the original cemetary wall in the back 'yards'

Hi, every one this is my first post on the new site. I am using a new name here, but I am SwiftLyons. Cant wait to see this new board come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIOSSO View Post
    Hi, every one this is my first post on the new site. I am using a new name here, but I am SwiftLyons. Cant wait to see this new board come to life.

Hi
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.

Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHIOSSO View Post

Hey Swifty!!

Just joined here too. Looks like alot of familiar fonts.

Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Hi

Hiya HG

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfaceboy View Post
    Hiya HG

Dog! How are ya, haven't seen ya in well, a dog's age.
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.