Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Bye Bye Norman... For those who thought he was harmless? When does a bum have $1500 cash?

Thanks to a coordinated effort of the South Street Headhouse District, 4th Street Merchants, and the South Street Mini-Station... Stormin' Norman was finally caught dealing drugs on 4th Street. His dealings became highly disruptive along Fabric Row, and were bringing some rather disjointed characters who were contributing to shoplifting, public drug use on the side streets, etc.

When arrested for felony possession and distribution, he was caught with $1600 and an assortment of drugs. He also had 3 prior warrants waiting for him-so I don't think he'll be out anytime soon.

This is partly to do with the new leadership at the South Street Headhouse District, and I hope that this type of positive coordination continues. People can think that Norman was just some sweet innocent bum-but the fact is that he's a parasite that steals bikes, harasses local businesses, and has created more than a few problems for people over the years.

Yes, but he had an amusing hat.

FREE NORMAN!

not really

hehehe... I will admit that his hat was amusing...and it made it easy for me to spot him as he stole bikes along bainbridge and 4th all the time.

My favorite would be when he'd go around to the coffee shops asking employees to describe their bikes "so that nothing happened to it". If they didn't give him drinks or let him use the bathroom, the bike magically disappeared that day.

Good.

Bastard had it coming. For a very long time.
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.

bastard had it coming for a GOOD long time. smoking crack in mario lanza park for years. he brought a ****ty element around & i'm happy to see him go. good news.

any of you guys ever catch a whiff of him? I can't even desrcibe the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    any of you guys ever catch a whiff of him? I can't even desrcibe the smell.
    Please try!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Please try!
    He smells like Mako's trash can after just enough minors threw up their 69 cent beers and dollar shots into it.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    He smells like Mako's trash can after just enough minors threw up their 69 cent beers and dollar shots into it.
    then take that trash can and put it in the microwave so you get it nice, hot and bubbly. put your face directly over it into the steam and breathe deep, and it will give you a slight idea of what he smells like.

then take that trash can and put it in the microwave so you get it nice, hot and bubbly. put your face directly over it into the steam and breathe deep, and it will give you a slight idea of what he smells like.
    I just gagged, and now must brush my teeth before heading in to the office.

DEAR GOD!

suppose I did ask for that

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    Thanks to a coordinated effort of the South Street Headhouse District, 4th Street Merchants, and the South Street Mini-Station... Stormin' Norman was finally caught dealing drugs on 4th Street. His dealings became highly disruptive along Fabric Row, and were bringing some rather disjointed characters who were contributing to shoplifting, public drug use on the side streets, etc.

When arrested for felony possession and distribution, he was caught with $1600 and an assortment of drugs. He also had 3 prior warrants waiting for him-so I don't think he'll be out anytime soon.

This is partly to do with the new leadership at the South Street Headhouse District, and I hope that this type of positive coordination continues. People can think that Norman was just some sweet innocent bum-but the fact is that he's a parasite that steals bikes, harasses local businesses, and has created more than a few problems for people over the years.

Felony drug possession & distribution.
    drug dealing on fabric row.
    attracting "disjointed characters" into our neighborhood who contributed to;
    shop lifting,
    public drug use
    stolen bikes.
    harassment of local businesses.
    and general parasitic behavior, etc.

My girl and I went to a craft show this past Friday evening at Red House cafe on 4th St. We overheard the two young woman who own the place telling about a recent burglary, their 2nd in 4 months.

Its funny how quickly people forget. I was lambasted for describing what it is like living in Queen Village in another thread. Denial is extremely strong. People prefer to ignore the elephant in the room and talk about their favorite restaurants, cafes, and bars.

I do laud the effort of the local businesses and district to rid the neighborhood of this scum, thank you. I am appalled at the PPD for permitting this trash to roam the neighborhood causing all sorts of trouble as the OP clearly outlined. Everybody knows who he is (including the PPD) So what does it take for the PPD to pick up a celebrity drug dealing bum with 3 warrants?

It is funny how people forget. It is Red Hook Coffee, not Red House.

There were no reported burglaries on that block in the past 4 months. If it is the door that the previous owner never fixed-yeah, I could see it happening. We are in a city of 1.5 million, and no one said that any part of any city is immune to some crime.

The South Street area has nearly 600 businesses, plenty of residents on either side, yet crime is kept to a minimum. A month of crime reports that encompass front to broad, south to Washigton, are less than a single weekend worth of reports from the Old City district. That is a pretty good statistic for a major city, and not worthy of your doom and gloom pat yourself on the back for doing nothing treatment.

Yes, Norman was a problem-and it was dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by busted View Post
    shop lifting,
    public drug use
    stolen bikes.

My girl and I went to a craft show this past Friday evening at Red House cafe on 4th St. We overheard the two young woman who own the place telling about a recent burglary, their 2nd in 4 months.

Its funny how quickly people forget. I was lambasted for describing what it is like living in Queen Village in another thread. Denial is extremely strong. People prefer to ignore the elephant in the room and talk about their favorite restaurants, cafes, and bars.

I do laud the effort of the local businesses and district to rid the neighborhood of this scum, thank you. I am appalled at the PPD for permitting this trash to roam the neighborhood causing all sorts of trouble as the OP clearly outlined. Everybody knows who he is (including the PPD) So what does it take for the PPD to pick up a celebrity drug dealing bum with 3 warrants?

Have you seen the latest QV crime report and compared it to the population of the neighborhood and the number of businesses in the area? Pretty damn safe and serene if you ask me.

shop lifting,
    public drug use
    stolen bikes.

bier dimpfe

sounds like lutefisk...norm smelled worse

i'm a little curious as to why it took so long to arrest him. if a lot of people knew what he was up to. i saw him almost every day but never SAW him selling drugs. i saw him completely cracked out a whole bunch tho. again, i'm glad he's going away. as for the smell-if you set a trash bag on fire & urinate on it to put it out then bake it in the sun....well, you get the idea.

theres been many times ive been at makos kind of early- like 5 ish and it was only me and him at the bar. but he was usually nodding out. now i know what was in his bag by his feet. what was he selling?

Quote Originally Posted by EVH View Post
    i'm a little curious as to why it took so long to arrest him. if a lot of people knew what he was up to. i saw him almost every day but never SAW him selling drugs. i saw him completely cracked out a whole bunch tho. again, i'm glad he's going away. as for the smell-if you set a trash bag on fire & urinate on it to put it out then bake it in the sun....well, you get the idea.
    No doubt the cops needed to catch him in the act and with evidence on him. They can't just arrest him for being homeless and smelling bad. I suppose they could have nicked him for the outstanding warrants, but that stuff is so backlogged and the jails are so crowded that half the people walking around in Philadelphia have outstanding warrants.

i also dont imagine that he will be locked up for too long. depending on what his bail is. maybe all the n'hood bums can bring their change together and bail him out.

shop lifting,
    public drug use
    stolen bikes.

I'm sorry, but you really are a moron. no one says there is no crime in the city or in QV in particular. No one says that it is Mayberry and is 100% safe. Anyone moving to the city knows that there is an increased risk of crime, drugs and other issues that you might not deal with in the suburbs or the country. So when someone asks about the safety of QV, they in all probability understand that there is certainly an increased risk of crime due to the fact that we live in a city. They understand that. So the question is really, how does QV compare to other areas of the city regarding safety? Your post that you are referring to made QV out to be like some of the worst areas in North and West Philly, which could not be further from the truth. The truth is QV is one of the safest areas in the city. is there crime -- sure, but anywhere in the city is crime. The arrest of Norman does NOTHING to validate your assertion.