Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you have suggestions, please post them!

This is a work in progress. If you have any suggestions please post them here or PM me!

Love it so far. And I really appreciate being able to choose my own title.

A Fortnight Dead hammersklavier's Avatar

Some thoughts

When I registered for Philosophy Forum recently, they asked about a letter in a word to curtail spambots. That would help (like, say, fourth letter in "Philadelphia"?). They were also ridiculously specific about startup rules. You had to introduce yourself in a special litter box forum before you were allowed to post elsewhere and a bunch of other crap. While that is going off the deep end, strengthening startup rules here would be useful. Or perhaps you could do what Skyscraper Page did: you weren't allowed to register from Yahoo! or Gmail (I tried).

P.S. I like this quick reply box.
    "It was one of those moments that would have had dramatic music if my life were a movie, but instead I got a radio jingle for some kind of submarine sandwich blaring over the store's ambient stereo. Man, the movie of my life must be really low-budget." Dead Beat

Can we ban "bumping"?

A bump reply to a thread is more retarded than BaltimoreBob's worst post.

Never anonymous

Default Events Thread

As an ultra-active person who loves event notifications, I would like to see an event posting thread.

This a minor annoyance. When a large picture is posted it widens the page and makes it difficult to read. In Order to read subsequent posts it is necessary to move the page across the screen. Limiting the size of pictures would alleviate this problem.
    But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me.
    12/21/2001 White House release: President Highlights

How about a GO DOWN button up near / next to the red POST REPLY button at the top of the page?

I've seen this on several other forums and it's very helpful. It bumps you to the bottom of the page rather than having to scroll all of the way down

Just a thought ... the site looks GREAT though !!

Smile Consumer Area?

I don't know, this might open a legal can of worms. But how would it work to have a section on consumer issues? As a consumer, I run into frequent problems dealing with every company I do business with--ISP, wireless company, cable company, land line phone company, insurer, and service and product providers of every kind. I post complaints on Complaints.com - Consumers in Control and with the Better Business Bureau several times a year. I know of Angie's List, but you have to pay to join.

How about a section where people can post with good and bad experiences with local merchants and big companies? If Philadelphia Speaks publishes a disclaimer that they aren't responsible for what people post, would it protect you from people posting things that aren't true? I think it would be a big help for people looking for a good rather than bad merchant to patronize, and it might help keep at least the local merchants honest. They might be a little more accountable to the community if they're getting bad word of mouth when they don't deal honorably with their customers. And when they are honorable, they'd get business sent their way.

I can only speak for myself, but when I share about bad experiences, I have documentation and I don't make things up. I can be pretty specific because I document every step of the way when I'm dealing with merchants and corporations. I'm finding from unhappy personal experience that these days, it's necessary.

Guitar Man

Would it be possible for the creationist threads in the Spirituality and Faith forum to be merged. Several members (myself included) have requested some moderation for that forum.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Quote Originally Posted by Litter Box View Post
    This a minor annoyance. When a large picture is posted it widens the page and makes it difficult to read. In Order to read subsequent posts it is necessary to move the page across the screen. Limiting the size of pictures would alleviate this problem.
    ++1

Nice site!!

How can I delete prior postings if my account was disabled? I need help please!!!!

The link to the TOS in that thread is broken. Does that mean there are no rules?

Quote Originally Posted by LUCas View Post
    The link to the TOS in that thread is broken. Does that mean there are no rules?
    We make them up on the fly

ps. thanks for the heads up
    Like PS on Facebook!

coverup public corru govtstatistic's Avatar

I am a little upset in how this individual loveis noise is so familiar with my personal life (ie like who is in my family) daughter wife.,
    Sounds as if he/she/it could be a stalker or where he is getting his/her/its, information from. This person should be watched as a fraudulently seeking information .
    And if anything should happen to my wife or daughter . THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE FIRST ON DESTRUCTIVE TARGET LIST TO MY FAMILY.
    Thank you for your patience
    Post 18
    http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/fo...ney-flows.html

please keep me informed if . it is hitting a little too personal., over talking about waste , fraud, and abuse, immunity for some, prosecution’s for others. & then too bring up personal information not relating to the topic at hand.
    I did my time and I have seen how our us gov’t is ignoring millions missing with no intentions of ever trying to collect this money back.
    Or why our own politicians are avoiding these subjects like a third rail.
    ACCOUNTABILITY WE CAN BELIEVE IN
    wanted for conspiring to cover up public corruption
    reward or prosecution inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by govtstatistic View Post
    I am a little upset in how this individual loveis noise is so familiar with my personal life (ie like who is in my family) daughter wife.,
    Sounds as if he/she/it could be a stalker or where he is getting his/her/its, information from. This person should be watched as a fraudulently seeking information .
    And if anything should happen to my wife or daughter . THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE FIRST ON DESTRUCTIVE TARGET LIST TO MY FAMILY.
    Thank you for your patience
    Post 18
    http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/fo...ney-flows.html

please keep me informed if . it is hitting a little too personal., over talking about waste , fraud, and abuse, immunity for some, prosecution’s for others. & then too bring up personal information not relating to the topic at hand.
    I did my time and I have seen how our us gov’t is ignoring millions missing with no intentions of ever trying to collect this money back.
    Or why our own politicians are avoiding these subjects like a third rail.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by govtstatistic View Post
    THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE FIRST ON DESTRUCTIVE TARGET LIST TO MY FAMILY.
    You actually have a list like that? Dude, that is so cool....
    Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine.

pl put back the search button. thx.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

fix the ****ing time moron, it's been 2 weeks.

coverup public corru govtstatistic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    pl put back the search button. thx.
    Yes Please put the search button back. I believe it helps in trying to keep some kind of order, so that extra threads are not started that are duplicates
    At Least I try to keep some kind of order
    Or
    I Have Methods to my madness
    ACCOUNTABILITY WE CAN BELIEVE IN
    wanted for conspiring to cover up public corruption
    reward or prosecution inevitable