Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lucidinnature is offline Banned

Default Mixed Plate Almost ready to open

Mixed Plate, the noodle bar, restaurant, whatever it is going to be at 216-218 south, looks like it is about to open. It's still dusty but the paper is coming down and a help wanted sign has appeared asking for all positions.

MNG1324 is offline Senior Member
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner

What was here before? I like the look of this place but the food obviously matters more. It looks like they might try to do the resturant morphing into DJ at night thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MNG1324 View Post
    What was here before? I like the look of this place but the food obviously matters more. It looks like they might try to do the resturant morphing into DJ at night thing.
    It was Lorenzo's pizza for a while, then maloki's then club 218. Now it's supposedly going to be a noodle house but looks more like a Miami vice bar from the 80's... Hehehe

Queen Villager is offline Senior Member

Just tried Mixed Plate and highly recommend it. This is a good addition to the neighborhood! The food is Asian fusion with a Vietnamese emphasis. It was delicious and very fairly priced. I had a nice glass of wine and the people I was with seemed to enjoy the mixed drinks and considered them well-priced as well. Service was very friendly and welcoming. It was a casual, good atmosphere -- nice but not fancy, considering the TV screens -- and there's a big (Buddhist?) altar with incense in the back. The bar looked appealing and some guys were sitting there watching a game. The bill was surprisingly low, especially considering all the drinks ordered. If you're looking for an easy, tasty, neighborhood dinner that's also a good value, try this place! (I don't work for them or know them personally!)

Momma Cass is offline Member

Cool

[QUOTE=lucidinnature;557712]It was Lorenzo's pizza for a while, then maloki's then club 218. Now it's supposedly going to be a noodle house but looks more like a Miami vice bar from the 80's... Hehehe[/QUOTE

I think you are confused, Lorenzo's Pizza is still at the same location. Mixed Plates is across and down the street. ( it does look Miami Vicie-)

[QUOTE=Momma Cass;582011]
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidinnature View Post
    It was Lorenzo's pizza for a while, then maloki's then club 218. Now it's supposedly going to be a noodle house but looks more like a Miami vice bar from the 80's... Hehehe[/QUOTE

I think you are confused, Lorenzo's Pizza is still at the same location. Mixed Plates is across and down the street. ( it does look Miami Vicie-)
    It was a Lorenzo's at one time. I believe it was called Lorenzo & Son's II.

BarryG is offline Senior Member

[QUOTE=Bean Counter;582020]
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma Cass View Post

It was a Lorenzo's at one time. I believe it was called Lorenzo & Son's II.
    Yeah it was a sit down Italian restaurant iirc

unlimitedsounds is offline Junior Member

This place is awesome. We DJ'd in the upstairs lounge last night and did a live webcast... Great crowd... The other DJ who was with me was there a few nights before and said the food is awesome. I didn't get a chance to try it with everything going on.... I highly recommend this place. Please support it so it stays in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Queen Villager is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedsounds View Post
    This place is awesome. We DJ'd in the upstairs lounge last night and did a live webcast... Great crowd... The other DJ who was with me was there a few nights before and said the food is awesome. I didn't get a chance to try it with everything going on.... I highly recommend this place. Please support it so it stays in business.

Agreed. I'm concerned that people don't notice the place or realize it's there. The food is excellent, a very good value, and the service is friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Villager View Post
    Agreed. I'm concerned that people don't notice the place or realize it's there. The food is excellent, a very good value, and the service is friendly.
    I was just thinking where to eat dinner. Think I'm going to go try it tonight.

Panniculus is offline Banned

I hope they have sidewalk dining.

Quote Originally Posted by Panniculus View Post
    I hope they have sidewalk dining.
    Maybe they have side-wok dining!

Panniculus is offline Banned

Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by lucidinnature View Post
    I was just thinking where to eat dinner. Think I'm going to go try it tonight.
    Let me know how you like it.... Tell tell Alex to bring back chris & Dave for their upstairs club

loveisnoise is offline Senior Member

Finally went today. This place rocks! It's definitely going to be my new lunch spot. I over ordered. Got grilled calamari that was incredible, and a large steak pho that left me beyond stuffed. It was huge! I'll definitely be ordering a small in the future. I would say that it will probably be my 2nd favorite pho spot-but I'm a bit of a newbie to pho so... but I like them a lot!

One thing... I've been djing in the upstairs lounge on. Few sat nights... We def need to promote sat night so the place becomes the hot spot to go once summer comes and south street becomes jam packed.

One thing... I've been djing in the upstairs lounge on. Few sat nights... We def need to promote sat night so the place becomes the hot spot to go once summer comes and south street becomes jam packed.
    Uhhhhhh, yeah. About that. You'll have to forgive me if I just like the place for their food and don't care about the night club part. It's not to become a night club, never was to be a night club(despite past dealings), and c'est la vie. And please don't insult anyone's intelligence by thinking that one place will be what 'makes south street packed'. You're insulting the many business people who are on here-including me.

That said, it looks like the place has some good nights upstairs and it's best to intelligently promote them through proper arenas-facebook, et al. You're not going to find a nightclub crowd on here, and it is more than smart to leave the promotion on here to the food which can stand on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    Uhhhhhh, yeah. About that. You'll have to forgive me if I just like the place for their food and don't care about the night club part. It's not to become a night club, never was to be a night club(despite past dealings), and c'est la vie. And please don't insult anyone's intelligence by thinking that one place will be what 'makes south street packed'. You're insulting the many business people who are on here-including me.

That said, it looks like the place has some good nights upstairs and it's best to intelligently promote them through proper arenas-facebook, et al. You're not going to find a nightclub crowd on here, and it is more than smart to leave the promotion on here to the food which can stand on its own.
    Ok... The food is great but he's also trying to promote the upstairs lounge. Sure it won't be of those delaware Ave clubs but take great food and great entertainment and you have a good combo. It's used to be a rock club which did really well if I remember.....

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Ok... The food is great but he's also trying to promote the upstairs lounge. Sure it won't be of those delaware Ave clubs but take great food and great entertainment and you have a good combo. It's used to be a rock club which did really well if I remember.....

Great food and great entertainment !

Man critically wounded in South Street shooting

Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    Great food and great entertainment !

Man critically wounded in South Street shooting
    unlimited****es already ran back to the burbs, as predicted.

This new outfit is a total group of idiots. The day the lease was signed, I knew there'd be trouble. They threw in a couple couches, $10 worth of mood lighting from Spencer's, and declared the opening of a nightclub called "Mixed Plate" so they didn't have to change out the signs. If they don't get shut down I guarantee there will be another shooting. The news footage alone shows that the crowd is one that no one wants around here.