Register
+ Reply to Thread
    newmarlig is offline Senior Member

Default New Bolt Bus Stop

Can someone please tell me the new stop for Bolt at 30th Street. The website just says JFK and N 30th which is a bit vague.

TIA

bbsouth is offline Junior Member

last time I took Megabus (mid July) Bolt was loading right in front of it - both on the north side of JFK across from the west entrance of 30th St. Station.

thanks

radiocolin is offline Senior Member

bbsouth has it right. When you're at 30th and JFK you can't miss it, there's always 2-3 buses and a large crowd of people.

Thanks. I wonder why they changed the stop. It must get really congested with both buses stopping there.

jazzcat is offline Senior Member

They had to change the stop because of all the work at the former Post Office....not their choice.

desolate is offline Double spaced

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    They had to change the stop because of all the work at the former Post Office....not their choice.
    You mean where they use the public roadway to make money?

I mean, you're running a bus line using a no stopping zone.

No beef with them.

Just try and like, maybe, ask for some dedicated room.

Now they are just double parking on JFK.
    I'm not seeing all these supposed bikes in all these million dollar bike lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by desolate View Post
    You mean where they use the public roadway to make money?

I mean, you're running a bus line using a no stopping zone.

No beef with them.

Just try and like, maybe, ask for some dedicated room.

Now they are just double parking on JFK.
    Since you are an "expert" on this, please explain how they are not paying for the parking and signage.

Unlike you, I assumed that it was NOT free.

rojnish is offline Senior Member

Sorry to be dense but still confused. Are you talking about in FRONT of 30th Street Station, on the east side of the building on Schuykill Avenue? Or are you talking about on the West side of the building right on 30th Street? I pass by there everyday on Schuykill Avenue and I never see any Bolt or Mega buses. Thanks in advance for your help and your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    Since you are an "expert" on this, please explain how they are not paying for the parking and signage.

Unlike you, I assumed that it was NOT free.
    Well just stopping an loading in the right lane of JFK isn't really "parking" at some signage.

So they couldn't be paying anything to anyone.

I was there the first weekend of the changeover and everyone was confused. The company representative said the City of Philadelphia moved the stop with no advanced notice. Note that Megabus was also moved to the north side of the street from the south side at the same time, which leads me to believe it was a City decision as well.

Also, they are not using a lane on JFK, it was repainted to be a loading zone.

As I said, I assume they do.
    Plus paying fees for signage.

In NYC, the stop is right by
    Madison Square Garden......it can't be free.

I will try and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by rojnish View Post
    Sorry to be dense but still confused. Are you talking about in FRONT of 30th Street Station, on the east side of the building on Schuykill Avenue? Or are you talking about on the West side of the building right on 30th Street? I pass by there everyday on Schuykill Avenue and I never see any Bolt or Mega buses. Thanks in advance for your help and your patience.
    JFK Blvd & 30th St - Google Maps

Sorry to be dense but still confused. Are you talking about in FRONT of 30th Street Station, on the east side of the building on Schuykill Avenue? Or are you talking about on the West side of the building right on 30th Street? I pass by there
    everyday on Schuykill Avenue and I never see any Bolt or Mega buses. Thanks in advance for your help and your patience.
    The 30th street side.....the "front" of the station is 29th.

So the Drexel side....

radiocolin is offline Senior Member

At the corner of 30th and JFK, they are on the northwest corner. Seriously, there's a bunch of big buses. You can't miss them.

Also, remember that 30th is the street on the WEST side of the station, not the Center City side.

To clear everything up - this is the description on the Boltbus website. It gives an actual address

Philadelphia JFK & N. 30th St
    3064 John F. Kennedy Blvd

Description: This is an outdoor stop in front of the parking lot at the corner of John F. Kennedy Boulevard and N. 30th St. across the street from the west entrance of the 30th St. Station. A BoltBus sign will mark the waiting point. Restrooms and food available at 30th Street Station. The building across the street at 3001 Market does not have public restrooms.
    Connections: Market St. Line, SEPTA subway-surface trolleys

eldondre is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sincewednesday View Post
    I was there the first weekend of the changeover and everyone was confused. The company representative said the City of Philadelphia moved the stop with no advanced notice. Note that Megabus was also moved to the north side of the street from the south side at the same time, which leads me to believe it was a City decision as well.

Also, they are not using a lane on JFK, it was repainted to be a loading zone.
    yeah there's no doubt in my mind the city decided this was a better location...and it is. that stretch fo JFK sees relatively light use. Moreover, it helps Amtrak who as constantly answering questions about where the bus companies stop. You used to be able to access to the regional rail stop from that side of the street as well. I'm waiting for the first food cart to open there, there's a lot of people and nothing but a surface lot there.
    "It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past"
    Jonathan Safran Foer