Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congrats Wil!

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Default Congrats Wil!

Talking Small Biz: He's been searching for rapid growth

MICHAEL HINKELMAN, DAILY NEWS COLUMNIST
    POSTED: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 3:01 AM

Wil Reynolds, 36, of Northern Liberties, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Person of the Year, founded SEER Interactive in 2002 in his home. Today, the Internet-search firm has more than 60 employees and operates from a refurbished church on 3rd Street near George, in Northern Liberties.

[snip]
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

billy ross is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
    Talking Small Biz: He's been searching for rapid growth

MICHAEL HINKELMAN, DAILY NEWS COLUMNIST
    POSTED: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 3:01 AM

Wil Reynolds, 36, of Northern Liberties, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Person of the Year, founded SEER Interactive in 2002 in his home. Today, the Internet-search firm has more than 60 employees and operates from a refurbished church on 3rd Street near George, in Northern Liberties.

[snip]
    Wow! Philly needs 1,000 more Wils. That's what made this city great, and what will make us great again. Congrats, and I wish you continued success as you continue to climb up that mountain.

I also believe that his company is an example of an idea that appeals more and more to me. Corporations count beans. Mission-driven companies (which are generally owner-operated) are less concerned with dollars and cents - they know that the money is something which comes from success, and not something whose pursuit morphs into drudgery. Thus mission-driven companies aren't afraid to write checks for what's important to them, no matter that it doesn't directly impact their bottom line, and if you get enough of those companies making money with abandon and investing all around you, you can recreate the Roaring 20's. When Philly was full of world-class entreprenuerial compaines, we thrived. When Philly became a back office town, we declined. Now we're becoming again what we used to be, and it's awesome to see unfold.
    Last edited by billy ross; 12-19-2012 at 10:14 PM.

luchobucho is online now Senior Member

This.

I wish there was a way to like a post.

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post
    Wow! Philly needs 1,000 more Wils. That's what made this city great, and what will make us great again. Congrats, and I wish you continued success as you continue to climb up that mountain.

I also believe that his company is an example of an idea that appeals more and more to me. Corporations count beans. Mission-driven companies (which are generally owner-operated) are less concerned with dollars and cents - they know that the money is something which comes from success, and not something whose pursuit morphs into drudgery. Thus mission-driven companies aren't afraid to write checks for what's important to them, no matter that it doesn't directly impact their bottom line, and if you get enough of those companies making money with abandon and investing all around you, you can recreate the Roaring 20's. When Philly was full of world-class entreprenuerial compaines, we thrived. When Philly became a back office town, we declined. Now we're becoming again what we used to be, and it's awesome to see unfold.

Tartan69 is offline Pawn in game of life

Very well said, billy ross.

wilreynolds is offline Administrator

Thanks so much guys!!! The best thing is that like 50% of our hires are coming from all over the country, meaning we are getting 15-20 people / year that are relocating families to come here, which is awesome and gets us a chance to show people what Philly is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post