Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Debbie1125 is offline Senior Member

Default The ACCT/PSPCA, ETC. save a shelter pet thread

As promised I've set this thread up and it will be updated with information on dogs and cats that are looking for homes.

Here are more very deserving awesome seniors from Animal Care and Control Team (ACCT) in Philly. Please share in hopes of finding them caring forever homes where they can be comfortable, and share their unconditional love and companionship with their new best friend.

Every dog has its day. And today belongs to the SENIORS!

Lynda (A18903731) is a 6-12 month old female pit bull mix weighing 53 pounds. She was surrendered to the shelter when her owner decided that having a dog was too much responsibility. Clearly, they didn't see what a jewel they had. Lynda is a pretty girl who likes curling up for a good nap, however she won't turn down a fun play session either. She is quite affectionate too. Her favorite things in life are belly rubs and treats... she hopes that whoever adopts her will give her plenty of those. Lynda is hopeful and ready for a new life. Afterall, it is a new year, so why not start the year off right with a new friend? Come meet Lynda today!
    More photos: Lynda A18903731 - a set on Flickr

This is just one of the many wonderful dogs in urgent need of adoption, foster care, or rescue at Philadelphia's animal control shelter, ACCT. You can stop down and meet them, and after filling out an application with shelter staff, interact with them 365 days a year at the shelter- 111 W. Hunting Park Avenue in Philadelphia. Please check ACCT Philly for hours.

Come in and take home a forever friend today! To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800, email acctpetfinder@gmail.com, or send us a message!

Max- URGENT
    Max (A18938736) is a very sad, very cute already neutered senior Poodle-y mix with a docked tail that needs your help! Poor Max was found abandoned in the Naval yard area, and is emaciated, has matting and hair loss. Max has also had blood in his urine. Max is friendly and just needs some TLC and medical attention so he can get back to feeling better! Max must find rescue ASAP!
    Photos at:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8...36f3533db0.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8517/8...f3c191ed25.jpg

This is just one of the many wonderful dogs in urgent need of adoption, foster care, or rescue at Philadelphia's animal control shelter, ACCT. You can stop down and meet them, and after filling out an application with shelter staff, interact with them 365 days a year at the shelter- 111 W. Hunting Park Avenue in Philadelphia. Please check ACCT Philly for hours.

Come in and take home a forever friend today! To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800, email acctpetfinder@gmail.com, or send us a message!

Max- URGENT
    Max (A18938736) is a very sad, very cute already neutered senior Poodle-y mix with a docked tail that needs your help! Poor Max was found abandoned in the Naval yard area, and is emaciated, has matting and hair loss. Max has also had blood in his urine. Max is friendly and just needs some TLC and medical attention so he can get back to feeling better! Max must find rescue ASAP!
    Photos at:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8...36f3533db0.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8517/8...f3c191ed25.jpg

Rudy- URGENT at ACCT. Contact information is the same as Max.

Rudy (A18942214) is an absolutely adorable 15 pound 10-12 week old female black lab-pit mix pup. Poor Rudy is underweight and one of her front paws is deformed (pic included!). Rudy is super sweet and loves to give kisses. She is the perfect puppy! Photos at:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8...f1b075c4f1.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8235/8...7b3bd8345a.jpg

URGENT- I'm Maggie! I'm a ten-year-old girl looking to fall in love again! And when I say 'fall,' I do mean that quite literally. You see, when I have visitors to my cage, I get so excited and happy that I just want to get as close as possible to my new friend, even if it means getting precariously close to toppling right out my cage! Like just last night, I made a new friend and she was taking photos instead of petting me- can you believe it? I almost fell right out, but luckily my friend caught me. The camera, unfortunately, wasn't quite as lucky. But it's okay, because my friend says I'm much more valuable than any camera! As you may have guessed by now, I'm a super affectionate, outgoing girl. I just love being petted- in fact, I'd says it's my favorite activity! I'm used to living at home with my family of ten years, but they brought here because...umm this is a bit awkward...I had fleas. Well, let me just say that it certainly wasn't a pleasant situation for me either! My gorgeous tabby coat is missing some fur, and I have a few scabs, but the nice people here gave me some medicine and those fleas are long gone! Unfortunately, I did pick up a cold, so I'm still not quite feeling my best. Boy, I bet a warm home and a nice family to snuggle with would sure make me feel better! I'm already spayed so I'm ready to go home today. Stop by the shelter to meet me I think we might just fall for each other!

See more photos:
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0F6E4C4F19.jpg
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0F718CA463.jpg
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0F725B0571.jpg
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0F73D7C40A.jpg

These cats are located at Philadelphia's animal control shelter, ACCT. They need immediate adoption or foster care. ACCT is located at 111 W Hunting Park Ave and is open 365 days a year. Adoption hours are are 1-8 Monday through Friday and 10-5 on weekends. To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800, or email lifesaving@acctphilly.org. Please visit acctphilly.org for more information.

Due to stress, Penny is very urgent and needs out of the ACCT as soon as possible.

My apologies for the lack of information but this is all there was along with the video.

If you are interested in fostering or adopting Penny, please use the contact information in my other posts. Thanks

Penny (fka Trouble) has a video! She is URGENT and needs to find a home ASAP!!

Adopt Penny! - YouTube

Queenie-has until 1/23 Wednesday afternoon

Please share for sweet Queenie! She only has until tomorrow afternoon to be adopted, fostered, or rescued. The shelter is full and we lost a lot of great dogs this week because intake is high.
    Please help Queenie--she has a Pen Pal who has been working with her and really loves her. If you can't foster or adopt, share her. It only takes a second and all it takes is that one right person to see it.

URGENT! QUEENIE Seeks a Comfortable Castle! (ACCT Philly)

JADA! *Sweet Senior!*
    Jada (A18990544) is a 7-10 year old American Pit Bull Terrier with a gorgeous brindle coat, brown eyes and cropped ears. Jada was surrendered to the shelter because her owner's said she wasn't acting like herself. It was likely because she had a nasty ear infection and wasn't feeling too well. She's been treated and is obviously feeling much better already! This tiny girl (around 35 pounds) is a goof! She seems to think that its always playtime and will playbow and bounce around the room to show you that she's ready to play! She already knows basic commands, like "sit" appears housebroken and there is very little that she won't do for a yummy treat! Once she gets the wiggles out, Jada also loves to snuggle, will try to climb up into your lap and even does a little dance when you scratch her back! She showed friendly interest in the other dogs here at the shelter, but isn't quite sure how to let them know she'd like to play. Have dogs at home? Bring them down to meet her to make sure its a good match. Though an older girl, Jada has plenty of spunk left and tons of love left to offer her future family. Come on by and let Jada steal your heart!
    Photos at:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8358/8...b763ed00_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8189/8...293c56ba_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8...de8a155b_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8...4ee9e326_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8...6b084d84_z.jpg

This is just one of the many wonderful dogs in urgent need of adoption, foster care, or rescue at Philadelphia's animal control shelter, ACCT. You can stop down and meet them, and after filling out an application with shelter staff, interact with them 365 days a year at the shelter- 111 W. Hunting Park Avenue in Philadelphia. Please check ACCT Philly for hours. Come in and take home a forever friend today! To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800, email acctpetfinder@gmail.com, or send us a message!

See above posts for contact number and email for the ACCT. Thanks!

*URGENT* Jasmine is very sick with a bad cold and needs immediate foster/rescue/adoption. She is still super sweet and loves everyone. She purrs loudly as soon as you get close, even though she is obviously feeling lousy. This girl is only 10 years old, lived in a home her entire life, and needs out NOW! Please consider saving her life!

Gorgeous Jasmine is a 10 year old spayed female grey tabby tuxedo. She has adorable white markings, and is a bit chunky at almost 15 pounds. She is very friendly and loves attention. She’ll sit quietly in her cage, looking out at you, silently beckoning you toward her cage. Once you open up that door, she’s so happy to see you! Jasmine had been living in a home her entire life, when she started urinating outside the box and on her family’s clothing or blankets. At her age, and because she’s overweight, she could have developed a urinary infection, which would explain her behavior. Instead of giving her at least a checkup, her family brought her to the shelter. They even noted that she hadn’t been to a vet in over 5 years! She has lived with cats, children, loves everyone, is quiet and calm, and desperately wants another chance to have a loving home. Someone who will give her the care she needs instead of abandoning her. Stop by the shelter and meet the amazing senior girl Jasmine!

Photos:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8086/8...3bb92c2571.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8358/8...ccc43888_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8361/8...25652c93ff.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8...c94d35b612.jpg

Please share for Zoey! While she doesn't have a timestamp she is rather urgent as she isn't doing well in a shelter environment. She's an adorable lovebug who hopes you will meet her today!

Zoey is a short little 40lb pitty who is guaranteed to be a good time! She recently turned 2 years old and would like nothing better than a new home for her birthday. She is a beautiful grey/white brindle and is so entertaining to watch in action. Can't you tell by her beautiful smile what a happy girl she is? She loves to get her zoomies out and she wiggles and bounces all over the place but she still knows how to calm down and just hang out with her human friends. Despite her showy demeanor, she can also be a bit timid at first, but she's really just a loving, awesome girl once she opens up and lets her personality shine through. Please bring the whole family to meet Zoey today and make her birthday wish come true!

More photos: Zoey 18895783 - a set on Flickr

Zoey is at ACCT.

Gladys is offline Senior Member

"If you have ever entertained the idea of fostering- now is the time to act. Philly Animal Control is overflowing and absolutely amazing animals are being euthanized daily. Shes a short stout sausage of a dog that had zoomies around the room when we brought her out. She is not listed as Urgent meaning her time is very limited- if intake is high today she potentially will be one to go. If you are unable to foster please SHARE."
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

URGENT PLEA FOR PHILADELPHIA’S HOMELESS DOGS: the city's animal control shelter (ACCT) is full beyond capacity, and is being forced to euthanize medium/large dogs for lack of space. FOSTERS and ADOPTERS are needed immediately to get them out alive. Please save a life by going directly to ACCT or contacting PAWS, and spreading the word to everyone who might be able to help. Time is critical.

ACCT: 111 W. Hunting Park Ave. (please go straight to shelter rather than email or call ahead). For more information, visit ACCT Philly.

PAWS: To adopt, go to 2nd and Arch (12-7 weekdays, 11-7 Sat, 11-6 Sun. To foster, please email foster@phillypaws.org or call 215-298-9680 ext. 16 to make an appointment as soon as possible. Every animal fostered or adopted from PAWS frees up a space for us to save one who is waiting at ACCT. - from FB
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

TUT—URGENT!
    This overly handsome big boy is Tut (A18794242)! This 3-5 year old male Mastiff was surrendered to the shelter by his owners. Though Tut is trying to keep his hopes up in the shelter, he really wants to be back in a home! When he is out and about he will army crawl over to you to get some pets and even lay his head in your lap. Even though he looks like a big tough guy, this 120 lb dog is a big baby and just wants to cuddle up in your lap and get lots of love. Though he is a bit shy with people, he can be dominant with other dogs but would benefit from some more socialization. All this big guy needs is someone to show him some love and kindness. Come meet this awesome boy today!

Tut - a set on Flickr

- LUCas

Both Patch and Thaddeus are extremely urgent.

Patch is Extremely URGENT he has become depressed in the kennels, has lost weight and stays curled up in a ball most of the time. He will not last much longer. He is a "move-in ready" boy - housetrained, knows commands, doesn't jump, walks like a gentleman - a really great dog! Please share him as if his life depended on it!!
    PATCH 18870928
    This big teddy bear is Patch. What a fun guy he is. He is so friendly and loves to meet new people. His tail doesn’t stop wagging and he is so wiggly when he meets new people. He walks well on a leash and doesn’t jump and seems to be very housetrained. He loves treats and takes them quite nicely. This happy guy would love to find a home so he can snuggle and stay warm and cozy this winter. Could this smiley guy be for you?
    Check out this video of Patch working with the kids from Hand2Paw - Jan 25, 2013 1:29pm | Facebook

If you would like to meet Patch, please stop by ACCT. Bring along any children or other dogs so they can all meet and hopefully live happily ever after. Patch can’t wait to meet you!

patch - a set on Flickr
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8078/8...68ea9d94_z.jpg
    Snatch - a set on Flickr

This is just one of the many wonderful dogs in urgent need of adoption, foster care, or rescue at Philadelphia's animal control shelter, ACCT. You can stop down and meet them, and after filling out an application with shelter staff, interact with them 365 days a year at the shelter- 111 W. Hunting Park Avenue in Philadelphia. Please check ACCT Philly for hours. Come in and take home a forever friend today! To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800, email acctpetfinder@gmail.com, or send us a message!

Thaddeus has until Sunday at 5p to find somewhere to go!

Handsome Male seeks Loving Home (Phila PA 19140)

Diamond needs our help - she is a wonderful middle-aged girl who is great with other dogs - but she is getting overlooked at the shelter. Can you share her please - she deserves a chance and needs all the help she can get.
    DIAMOND! (A18913637)

Adopt your very own living heated blanket! This girl is guaranteed to keep you warm during those long, cold winter nights. Meet Diamond (A18913637) the expert cuddler! Diamond is a 5-7 year old American Pit Bull Terrier mix with an adorable round head, short stubby legs and gorgeous black and white coat. She was surrendered to the shelter by her owners because having a pet was too much responsibility. Diamond is an easy-going girl who adores everyone she meets and loves attention. She walks well on the leash and seems to already know some basic commands! Diamond has lived with dogs in the past and was friendly and appropriate with the dogs she's met at the shelter. She would make a great addition to most families! Bring your resident dogs and any children under 8 down to the shelter to meet her. Don't miss your chance at fostering or adopting this gem of a dog - come meet Diamond today!
    Photos at:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8361/8...e22fa97f_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8495/8...94281477_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8...804bf372_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8184/8...c3a9ec9f_z.jpg

PHILLY! (A16040633)

Please note: Philly is at the PSPCA at 350 Erie Avenue

Here are pics of me! Philly - a set on Flickr

Well hello there! My name is Philly (A16040633) and like my name I’m a resident in the city of brotherly love. Technically I’m in the city’s shelter but I’m making the best of my time here. I get meals and attention from the volunteers which is nice. I’m a 5-10 year old male shepherd mix weighing about 82 pounds. While not in my kennel you can find me walking nicely outside or playing with toys! I liked my toys so much that I didn’t want to give them up. Yes, I do need to learn to share. Did I tell you that I know “sit” and “paw?” Yup! I do! If I can learn those commands just think of what else you could teach me!

I was good with all my body handling tests and haven’t shown any food issues. I met some cats here and wasn’t too interested in them but please let the staff know if you have cats at home. I also met dogs here and I feel like I’d do best with a calm female. If you have any resident dogs at home please bring them to meet me. If I sound like a good fit for your family come on down and ask for Philly!

This dog is available at the Pennsylvania SPCA located at 350 E. Erie Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19134. Adoption Center hours are 1PM-8PM Monday through Friday and 10AM-5PM Saturday & Sunday.

If you are interested in learning more about a dog contact us at PSPCAErie@yahoo.com.

You may also contact the shelter directly. However, due to high call/email volume, you may experience a delay in response. Call the shelter at 215-426-6304 ext 244 or email adoptions@pspca.org

Today's Philadelphia Animal Welfare Examiner Awesome Adoptable-Oreo.

This adorable terrier mix is just a year old. He's playful and does well and is tolerant with other dogs. This youngster needs you to continue his basic training so he can be the best he can be, so you'll agree that bringing him home was the best decision you ever made. Bring your family, including dogs, to meet Oreo to see if he's the one for you. If not, ACCT is full and there are many other awesome animals there that may match perfectly with your family and lifestyle. Fostering and adopting saves lives, so if you are thinking of adding a furry family member, visit the shelter the first chance you get. Click his pic for more details.See More

OREO (A18990336)

This cutie is Oreo. Isn't he stunning? Oreo is a 1 year old black and white terrier mix whose name fits him perfectly. Oreo is a typical playful puppy. He does great with other dogs and is very tolerant. Since he is still ...a puppy he needs a family who will work with him on basic manners. He will repay you with lots of love and affection. Come meet Oreo today!
    More photos: Oreo (A18990336) - a set on Flickr

Help us spread the word about Chili by sharing her story with your friends!
    CHILI! (A19004026)

*URGENT!* Today's Showcased Senior (1/29/13) is CHILI! Chili is a 5-6 year old sausage, I mean pit mix who was found as a stray and brought to the Animal Care & Control Team of Philadelphia. She is very mild-mannered, adores her human friends and did great in her behavioral assessment. Chili has come down with kennel cough (just like a human cold) which is easily treatable with a round of antibiotics and some TLC. However, Chili would be much better off and would recover much quicker in the comforts of a foster or adoptive home rather than the stressful shelter setting.

You won't be able to help but chuckle when you see Chili dancing around her kennel with her chubby body and little smiley head. Besides being well-mannered, affectionate and having medium-energy, Chili also has a great personality that seems to draw people in! She loves to try to curl up in your lap, loves to be groomed and even walks well on the leash! Chili weighs about 53 pounds right now and could stand to lose a few, but nothing a proper diet and daily exercise won't help. She was friendly and interested in meeting other dogs at the shelter, but doesn't seem to appreciate the pushy and inappropriate play-styles and will be sure to give them a proper correction to let them know if they're being rude. If you have resident dogs at home, bring them down to meet Chili to ensure its a good match! Chili would likely be a great dog for first-time dog owners or for anyone looking for an affectionate and easy-going companion. Interested in fostering or adopting her? Please stop by the shelter and meet her today!
    Photos at:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8356/8...f90a3fd3_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8365/8...f44ebf20_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8370/8...1d8ff0d1_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8...bb588b18_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8047/8...f53ff9fa_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8196/8...fac4341e_z.jpg

The senior animals showcased in this album are currently living at the Animal Care & Control Team shelter (ACCT Philly) at 111 W. Hunting Park Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19140. Adoption hours are Monday-Friday, 1pm-8pm & Saturday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. Foster Care hours are everyday, 9am-6pm. For more information on adopting, you can email adopt@acctphilly.org. For more information on fostering, you can email foster@acctphilly.org. Or visit their website at ACCT Philly!

Gabby needs out of the shelter ASAP! She is very dog social and enjoys the company of other dogs!!
    She is also very well mannered, perfect for a family with kids and other dogs!

Gabby A18886055
    Meet the beautiful Gabby. This stunner is a 3 year old, medium sized, 30 pound, chocolate, Terrier, Pitbull Mix. She was brought to the shelter because her previous family could not longer afford her care. Her previous owners reported that Gabby lived with and is good around small and big kids. She is also good with dogs. Since she is so dog social, Gabby gets to share her kennel with another dog while waiting for her new family to scoop her up. She will need some help in some leash manners, she pulls a bit when out for a walk. Please bring in your whole family, and the dogs to meet Gabby. She is a true eye catcher. Stop on in and say hi to Gabby!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8049/8...3fce8f42_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8...9bdf8e10_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8...a74efa97_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8...8cf529d2_z.jpg