Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Andy Sharpe is offline Never anonymous

Default Harris Connect- Be EXTREMELY careful

Hi, all. Unfortunately, I received a call from Harris Connect some months ago where some woman practically ordered me to purchase a yearbook from my high school. Even though I never gave her permission, the yearbook was mailed to me, and the company claimed I owed a hefty sum of money. Also, I knew I would have to pay to ship the book back, so I didn't want to do that either.

Knowing that I never okayed the shipment of the yearbook, I just ignored the payment request. Now, I'm receiving calls from a debt collection agency for the book I never ordered. Since I care deeply about my credit score, I want to know how I can get this removed without having to pay. I did call the "collection agency" to dispute the debt.

What else should I do? Has anyone else had similar bad experiences with Harris Connect?

PhillyKev is offline Super Troll

Dispute it in writing. They don't have to do squat if you call them. But if you dispute it in writing, legally they have to investigate your claim.

PhillyKev is offline Super Troll

Also, if you google "harris connect" you'll find lots of others with smiilar issues. In fact as you type harris connect in the google toolbar, it automatically suggests the word "scam" be added.

Queen Villager is offline Senior Member

Report this to the consumer fraud division of the Pennsylvania attorney general's office. If you've been swindled, they should be able to resolve it for you relatively quickly. You can report it online.

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

These scam artists crack me up.
    In MY opinion, if my SIGNATURE is NOT on a piece of paper for something, I'm NOT bound by it.
    I'd tell those critters to go screw themselves.

Beutelratte is offline Senior Member

I'm not a lawyer, but I've run into a similar problem with a company sending me unsolicited merchandise and then billing me for it. Getting the PA Attorney General involved really helped, but it took several months.

This is the statute you need to refer to:
    If you receive goods that were never ordered, they are "unsolicited merchandise" under 39 U.S.C. 3009, and you do not have any obligation to pay for them or return them

Andy Sharpe is offline Never anonymous

Default Update

Queen Villager and Beutelratte: You were exactly right. After contacting the PA AG's office, both I and the AG received a letter from Harris Connect saying they were dropping the matter. Victoryyyyyy!

thoth is offline I LOOK LIKE THIS

hey the system works. awesome!

Jennrageous is offline Senior Member

That's awesome! I subscribe to a magazine that sends people calendars and then charges them but I wondered why I never had this problem, I bet it's because of this law in PA, lol.
    ~Jenn

Queen Villager is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Sharpe View Post
    Queen Villager and Beutelratte: You were exactly right. After contacting the PA AG's office, both I and the AG received a letter from Harris Connect saying they were dropping the matter. Victoryyyyyy!
    Excellent! Congrats. Glad it worked for you. That office does good work.