Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kidphilly is offline Senior Member

OC needs first weekend

CenterCityGuy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBudman View Post
    that's 85% Society Hill, 10% Old City and 5% Queens Village dingus.
    Well that %10 of Old City and 85% of Society Hill is unattractive

ScottBudman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CenterCityGuy View Post
    Well that %10 of Old City and 85% of Society Hill is unattractive
    So Old City is full of undesirables and Society Hill is unattractive. Any other problems ?

So Old City is full of undesirables and Society Hill is unattractive. Any other problems ?

15th and Chestnut needs a makeover

qweezyq is offline Senior Member

too funny... he judges an entire neighborhood by one block. And finds the most quaint neighborhood unattractive.
    Well I think Rittenhouse is a sh!thole because moravian st is full of dumpsters

Quote Originally Posted by qweezyq View Post
    too funny... he judges an entire neighborhood by one block. And finds the most quaint neighborhood unattractive.
    Well I think Rittenhouse is a sh!thole because moravian st is full of dumpsters
    The atmosphere of Old City is not like it was when I fell in love with the area in 1997

supersupper is offline Appetizer

Well lookie here:

For years, rumors have floated around Old City that a high-end food market might be coming to our neighborhood. So many developers have made this promise that it became a running joke in the community. Well, it seems that rumor may finally be moving toward reality. Trust Market is being planned to open the beautiful Trust building on the N.E. corner of 3rd and Arch Sts.
    SooooooooooooooooPER ........................ SL O WD O WN

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Quote Originally Posted by supersupper View Post
    Well lookie here:
    Whatever happened to the F.U.E.L. Gallery that occupied that building? It looks like their website has gone to seed as most of the internal links now redirect to a German automotive blog.

F.U.E.L. Collection - About

The about link:

FUELCollection - Auto News. Autoblog
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

F.U.E.L. was never a real gallery in the traditional sense.

IIRC, It was "run" by a daughter of OC's own infamous one-man Israeli king-of-something-or-other. She was young and it was something to do till the time was right for daddy to develop the property properly. It was mostly rented out for events/art shows/charities/ for the young want-to-be-luxurious crowd.

I had a friend who volunteered for there when it was the old Seamen's center, so every now and then I'd go in and play pool with her in there. Truly crazy how the girl rehabbed the inside (the outside is pretty much indestructible) to the heights of opulence for a building with no real purpose (daddy's money you know). Daddy was just sittin on it till something would come along- I always thought it would make a great apple store. (and it would have except OC is not a foot-traffic through-way so that was never going to happen).

lucidinnature is offline Banned

hmmmmm... interesting. You seem to be bashing an Old City business, while trolling anyone who makes similar assertions about other old city businesses.

BTW- as usual, you're wrong. It was the son of 'so and so' who controls, owns, and manages the building, along with the exhibits and events. The coordinator of the exhibits was a guy.
    F.U.E.L. was never a real gallery in the traditional sense.

IIRC, It was "run" by a daughter of OC's own infamous one-man Israeli king-of-something-or-other. She was young and it was something to do till the time was right for daddy to develop the property properly. It was mostly rented out for events/art shows/charities/ for the young want-to-be-luxurious crowd.

I had a friend who volunteered for there when it was the old Seamen's center, so every now and then I'd go in and play pool with her in there. Truly crazy how the girl rehabbed the inside (the outside is pretty much indestructible) to the heights of opulence for a building with no real purpose (daddy's money you know). Daddy was just sittin on it till something would come along- I always thought it would make a great apple store. (and it would have except OC is not a foot-traffic through-way so that was never going to happen).
    Last edited by lucidinnature; 02-13-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidinnature View Post
    hmmmmm... interesting. You seem to be bashing an Old City business, while trolling anyone who makes similar assertions about other old city businesses.

BTW- as usual, you're wrong. It was the son of 'so and so' who controls, owns, and manages the building, along with the exhibits and events. The coordinator of the exhibits was a guy.

It might not have been a son or daughter, but someone else on the family ladder. I remember the article in one of the city papers profiling a girl running the show when it first opened. Maybe someone else was managing the business end- I can't remember. Either way, same point.

You obviously don't understand the meaning of "bash", because nowhere did I bash the business - saying it was not a real art gallery was not bashing, just correcting a misperception that it was an art gallery). In fact i gave them praise for what they did with the inside.

YOU, pointing a finger at someone trolling ? HAHAHA........

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!

BTW- as usual, you're wrong.
    No, you're wrong tough guy.

Marguerite McDonald
    Marguerite McDonald is a native to the Philadelphia area and holds a degree in Public and Private Sector Organization from Brown University. While at Brown Marguerite was awarded the Panda Cup in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the Women’s Ice Hockey team, and the Chelsea MacMillan award for pride and perseverance. This active, champion’s spirit is evident throughout Marguerite’s life, from her various athletic achievements to her work as Public Relations Freelancer for the “Ready, Set, Vote” project in her native Philadelphia. It is this enthusiasm and hands-on mentality that exemplifies Marguerite’s approach and guiding ethos as co-founder of The F.U.E.L. Collection.

Jennifer Yaron
    With experience as both an artist and educator, as well as a lifelong passion for art and culture, FUEL seems a natural outgrowth from the trajectory of Jennifer Yaron’s life. A native to Philadelphia, Yaron has a history of appreciation for and participation in the city’s long-standing and vibrant arts community. Her personal investment in the city’s culture and sophistication combined with her own experiences as a creator of art contribute to a unique perspective and outlook as co-founder of FUEL. Dynamic, effervescent, and original: these are qualities that have been central to Jennifer Yaron’s passion in life and art, and qualities that remain evident in her work with The F.U.E.L. Collection.

http://pacdudegames.com/fuel/space.html#
    Last edited by supersupper; 02-14-2013 at 08:08 AM.

I'm sure you also think Rendell is still mayor of the city since that's the last time you were relevant at anything, but to pull up an outdated website and padded resume from 2007 doesn't quite tell the story.

Jason Yaron owns, owned, manages and managed all aspects of the place with a fine tooth comb. He also put a guy named Christopher in charge of the art shows.
    No, you're wrong tough guy.

the f.u.e.l. collection

MNG1324 is online now Senior Member
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner

I don't think Daddy will be deveolping much of anything as he's in jail now.

y.lama is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure about official positions but when it first opened Jennifer and Marguerite (who were childhood friends) definitely seemed to be running the day to day operations. I'm a friend of a friend who occasionally hung out there, the way it was always explained to me was that Jen's family owned it, and the girls ran it...not that any of this really matters.

LINIOT is full of fluff and furry. I'm learning why so many here think he's cute.

I'm sure you also think Rendell is still mayor of the city since that's the last time you were relevant at anything, but to pull up an outdated website and padded resume from 2007 doesn't quite tell the story.

You don't even understand, despite all the hints I've given you on a silver bladder, that I've been here since Goode.

Jason Yaron owns, owned, manages and managed all aspects of the place with a fine tooth comb. He also put a guy named Christopher in charge of the art shows.
    Don't you even understand that was the point I was making when i said "daddy's girl" ?

You better hope ole Hal doesn't really sue your a$$ because all indications are that he will outwit you.

You don't even understand, despite all the hints I've given you on a silver bladder, that I've been here since Goode.
    You don't seem to understand that I never once inquired who you were or what schlepp position you perform for some illusionary old city glory. Since I don't care, any hints would be best left at Sonny's steaks in the business card fishbowl for you weekly chance at a free lunch, lil' champ.