Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MTEMPLE is offline Senior Member

Default Merchant Row For sale

Looks like the buildings that make up Merchant Row is for sale.

nanos203 is offline Member

A number of Yaron's properties are for sale. Google him to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by nanos203 View Post
    A number of Yaron's properties are for sale. Google him to find out why.
    Oh, I know why.

loveisnoise is offline Senior Member

Is this passive agressive game called "in the know but don't speak about it?". If someone knows, why not just say it instead of playing google easter egg bunny hunt?

You can easily find it. I don't want to air someones dirty laundry on here. But this could end up really hurting Old City.
    Last edited by MTEMPLE; 03-20-2011 at 08:48 PM.

cryptic is offline Junior Member

Where did you hear it was for sale? Any particular reason why other than it may have something to do with what was previously alluded to?

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    Is this passive agressive game called "in the know but don't speak about it?". If someone knows, why not just say it instead of playing google easter egg bunny hunt?
    Indictment : U.S. v. Michael Yaron, et al.

Back when I lived in Pittsburgh as a young man, a friend whose dad owned a rather substantial construction firm there, once told me, very matter of factly, that bid rigging is pretty much standard practice in the construction industry. Basically the significant players by agreement take turns being the successful bidder on the larger projects. What this indictment alleges isn't bid rigging of that sort, however, but straight up bribery apparently.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

Agreed. Not saying it's right, but it is how the world works. I don't think anything serious will come of this once the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
    Indictment : U.S. v. Michael Yaron, et al.

Back when I lived in Pittsburgh as a young man, a friend whose dad owned a rather substantial construction firm there, once told me, very matter of factly, that bid rigging is pretty much standard practice in the construction industry. Basically the significant players by agreement take turns being the successful bidder on the larger projects. What this indictment alleges isn't bid rigging of that sort, however, but straight up bribery apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    Agreed. Not saying it's right, but it is how the world works. I don't think anything serious will come of this once the dust settles.
    The violations of mail and fraud carry a $1 million dollar fine and a 20 year term in prison. These charges are a part of on-going federal anti-trust investigations regarding bid rigging, bribery, tax-related crime and fraud in regard to contracts from NYPH and Mount Sinai Medical Center. There are eight people and three companies involved so far who have pleaded guilty and three more are indicted.

Michael Yaron, being the owner of the companies, will face serious penalties along with the other involved in this indictment. They also seek the forfeiture of assets in connection with charges of mail fraud in the indictment that are related to the kickbacks received. A maximum fine of twice the amount of the gain from the illegal act or twice the amount of the losses suffered by the injured parties if they amount to more than the maximum fine.

lmf
    lmf is offline Junior Member

FOUR INDIVIDUALS AND THREE CORPORATIONS CONVICTED FOR ROLES IN WIRE FRAUD CONSPIRACY AT NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL

WASHINGTON —A Manhattan jury today convicted four individuals and three corporations for their participation in an eight-year conspiracy,involving kickbacks in excess of $2 million,to defraud New York Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH),the Department of Justice announced. In addition to today's convictions,previously 10 individuals and three companies have pleaded guilty to date to charges arising out of this investigation.

After a four week trial,Michael Yaron and two companies owned by him,Cambridge Environmental & Construction Corp.,which does business as National Environmental Associates (Cambridge/NEA),an asbestos abatement company,and Oxford Construction & Development Corp.,a construction company; Moshe Buchnik,the president of two asbestos abatement companies; Santo Saglimbeni,a former vice president of facilities operations at NYPH; Artech Corporation,a company owned by a relative of Saglimbeni; and Emilio "Tony" Figueroa,a former director of facilities operations at NYPH were each convicted of engaging in a wire fraud conspiracy to defraud NYPH. Additionally,Yaron,Cambridge/NEA,Oxford,Buchnik,Saglimbeni and Artech were also convicted of wire fraud for transferring money electronically from the bank account of one co-conspirator to Artech's bank account.

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/pr...012/279907.htm

qweezyq is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTEMPLE View Post
    You can easily find it. I don't want to air someones dirty laundry on here. But this could end up really hurting Old City.
    Interesting how temple didn't want to "air someone's dirty laundry on here" but was very quick to share all juds prop tax issues. hypocrite. glad we haven't heard from him for a while.

joeybagofdonuts is offline Junior Member

Default Jarred Yaron now what will he do that his business is sunk and family headed to prison

dont feel like talking about ppl
    Last edited by joeybagofdonuts; 02-10-2012 at 12:55 PM.

dmmbl is offline Banned

OMG... I met Michael Yaron, his wife and his daughter at his daughter's gallery. They seemed like nice people but now reading all of the articles on him, I found out the truth. He was connected to every high political official in the city. Looks like he is going away for a long time, this go around. You would think that he would have learned after having to do time in federal prison in the 80's. Some people NEVER learn. Let's get these crooks off of our streets. Old City will be a better place, once this happens.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Wow, 2 new posters with one post each to comment on this thread. Some new record? Or someone with an issue with Old City who's taken on yet more sockpuppets?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

bluecuracao is offline Senior Member

Maybe they don't know that they can post more than once under one username. LOL

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

“Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

dmmbl is offline Banned

Sounds like Mr. Yaron is a fraud, everything about him. Does he really have his PHD from Oxford? I feel bad for the people he is dragging down with him, this time. People like this should go to jail!!!

joeybagofdonuts is offline Junior Member

Classic Pump and dump
    Last edited by joeybagofdonuts; 02-14-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Eastcoast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagofdonuts View Post
    I couldnt resist but I heard they ran a major scam in the 90's that went like this Dr Yaron invented Park zone aka know as Exeter technologies and got it in walmarts all over the country then sent his son Jarred and a crew all over the country and they bought their own product off the shelves of walmart to make it appear the product was actually popular then got some poor sap to pony up 20 million for the company and thats how he finance old city developement to start. Classic Pump and dump
    I heard he killed Whitney Houston.

Welcome to the board and please tell us all about yourself...

hmmmmm... what was it you typed the other day after you went on another Yaron rant? Oh yeah..."dont feel like talking about ppl". I guess you changed your mind? hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagofdonuts View Post
    I couldnt resist but I heard they ran a major scam in the 90's that went like this Dr Yaron invented Park zone aka know as Exeter technologies and got it in walmarts all over the country then sent his son Jarred and a crew all over the country and they bought their own product off the shelves of walmart to make it appear the product was actually popular then got some poor sap to pony up 20 million for the company and thats how he finance old city developement to start. Classic Pump and dump