Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    cerberus413 is offline Banned

Default Unidentified Man Found Dead on Street in NE Phila.

Police are investigating the death of a man found on a Northeast Philadelphia Street.

Philadelphia Police Spokesperson Lieutenant Frank Vanore says the still unidentified victim was found outside just before 4am in the 1700 block of Bleigh Avenue:

"They found a 43-year-old man who appeared to suffer trauma to the head and body. Medic unit was called to the scene and the male was pronounced at the scene. There isn't a whole lot to go on right now. I know homicide investigators were at the scene interviewing potential witnesses and doing neighborhood surveys."

But Vanore adds that because of the early hour, police welcome information from anyone who thinks they were in the area at the time and saw something unusual:

"We urge them to call the homicide division at 215-686-3334 or 3335."
    Link

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

Is this in Bustleton or Fox Chase?

1700 Bleigh Avenue,Philadelphia - Google Maps

uly55es1 is offline “anobium punctatum.”

action news says the guy was only 20.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7081145
    Last edited by uly55es1; 10-24-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8 Translations

Geno is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MayfairMeat View Post
    Is this in Bustleton or Fox Chase?

1700 Bleigh Avenue,Philadelphia - Google Maps
    Rhawnhurst

bubbles123 is offline Junior Member

Has anyone heard anything about this because I heard a couple rumors and just wanted to see if any were true

BobGS is offline Senior Member

Its behind NorthEastHigh. Hope they clean it up before Tony Danza arrives tomorrow, yuk.

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

Yup. Right by the stadium.

There has to be more to this story, but unfortunately the reporting is crap.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Is there any confirmation of this anywhere besides KYW? My parents were just here, and they live less than two blocks from this. They didn't mention or know a thing.
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

MuscleHead is offline Paulista

Police received a call about 4 a.m. Saturday of a man lying in the street on Bleigh Avenue near Glendale, in the Northeast section of the city. The man, Jeffrey Jackson, 43, of Yeadon, had blunt force trauma to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene, said Homicide Sgt. Frank Hayes.

2 men slain in NE, W. Phila. | Philadelphia Daily News | 10/26/2009

NJbound is offline Guest

you can be rest assured that many murders never make the news. In the 17 years I have had two employees murdered in Philly and neither one made the papers or the news. Both in North Philly.

BONeJOUR is offline Senior Member

The officer's gun accidentally discharged and the bullet ricocheted, grazing the suspect in the chest

that sounds fishy

Default They have a suspect

Police: Killer arrested; girl, 16, critical after stabbing | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/26/2009

The arrest came in the bludgeoning death of a Yeadon man who was found in the 1700 block of Bleigh Avenue in the Northeast, police said.

Jeffrey Jackson, 43, of the 100 block of Chester Avenue, was pronounced dead at the scene by medics at 3:48 a.m. Saturday.

He was struck in the head by an unknown object, police said.

Charged with murder and related crimes was Arnold Nelson, 34, of the 3500 block of Oakmont Street in the city's Holmesburg section.
    Figures, neither the decedant nor the suspect is from the surrounding area. Rhawnhurst is fairly quiet for a city neighborhood.

kevinl is offline Concerned Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Police: Killer arrested; girl, 16, critical after stabbing | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/26/2009

Figures, neither the decedant nor the suspect is from the surrounding area. Rhawnhurst is fairly quiet for a city neighborhood.
    Hmmm...3500 Oakmont is a pretty quiet block as well. You never know.

Mayfair is offline Since 1929

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post

I just read that story twice and I still can't figure out how it was all pieced together. It just reads like " This girl was shot - this guy was hit with a rock - this guy was this - this guy was that" ... How did they all come together and what exactly happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
    I just read that story twice and I still can't figure out how it was all pieced together. It just reads like " This girl was shot - this guy was hit with a rock - this guy was this - this guy was that" ... How did they all come together and what exactly happened?

It's the breaking news spot for certain city crimes. They just post quick updates in paragraphs. It's not the cleanest format since there are no sub-headings to break it down but it suffices.

MoeMoe is offline Junior Member

this happened right up the street from northeast high school. i live on the block and was outside while the cops were there. contrary to what the news is reporting he did not killed on my block. the way his body was placed right under the street light, someone def dropped him off there and wanted him to be found. such a shame.

Anon is offline Junior Member

Default ?

What makes you think the body was moved?

Anon is offline Junior Member

Was the body in bad shape?

Cya
    Cya is offline Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
    Hmmm...3500 Oakmont is a pretty quiet block as well. You never know.

3500 blk of Oakmont is actually one of my favorite blocks in Mayfair. Very pretty.
    This is where the murderer lived? Aahhh. Must have been a renter.

MoeMoe is offline Junior Member

the body was def put there. if you saw him you would be able to understand what i mean. and my husband was putting out the trash not ten minutes before this happened and the body wasnt there. i only live three houses up from where his body was found. my windows were open and we did not hear anything going on outside. the street light post blocked my view of his face thank god but there didnt seem to be anything else wrong with him, no marks on his clothes.