Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Charlie23 is offline Junior Member

Default 1960's Murder in Wissinoming

I'm trying to research a murder that happened in Wissinoming. I think it happened in the 1960s.

A body was found in a car dealership at Frankford Ave and Benner St. The building is still there, though it is a different dealership now. I think it was a Dodge dealership at the time.

All I can remember about it is, I was told the body was found "in the rafters" or "in the ceiling", and I think it was an employee that was arrested for it.

Does anyone remember this? If I could find an approximate date or a name, it would help.

Thank you,

nickster is offline Bootlegger
    Alcatraz, Chicago, Eastern State Penitentiary...

As far back as the early 70s, before it was DeSimone, it was Northeast Dodge.

Thanks. Now that you said it, I remember it. Now if I could only get a date or name.

Oladybug is offline Philaphile

Is there a FB page about growing up in that section of Philly? I know there's one for South Philly. If so, that might be a good place to put out that question. I'm in two FB groups dedicated to memories of growing up in the Cleveland area, and we reminisce about everything -- from schools to holiday traditions, you name it.

Good luck on your search.
    "It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me; it's the one that says, 'To Whom It May Concern.'"
    -- Anonymous resident of Belfast, Ireland

ZARK is offline Senior Member
    Delaware Valley, From King of Prussia to Washington Twp N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Oladybug View Post
    Is there a FB page about growing up in that section of Philly? I know there's one for South Philly. If so, that might be a good place to put out that question. I'm in two FB groups dedicated to memories of growing up in the Cleveland area, and we reminisce about everything -- from schools to holiday traditions, you name it.

Good luck on your search.
    You can try this facebook page..https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/KENSINGTONPRIDE/

NJbound is offline Guest

I do not remember anything about that murder and my grandmothers home was right down the street.. I did a search online and came up empty too. Hmmmm

Bixbyte is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie23 View Post
    I'm trying to research a murder that happened in Wissinoming. I think it happened in the 1960s.

A body was found in a car dealership at Frankford Ave and Benner St. The building is still there, though it is a different dealership now. I think it was a Dodge dealership at the time.

All I can remember about it is, I was told the body was found "in the rafters" or "in the ceiling", and I think it was an employee that was arrested for it.

Does anyone remember this? If I could find an approximate date or a name, it would help.

Thank you,

A Wild guess: ALTIMARI AUTO CO ?????
    They got in trouble but I can not remember why.
    I am a pissed off Old Dinosaur.

Thank you,

Thank you,

NJbound is offline Guest

is there an echo in here?

Quote Originally Posted by NJbound View Post
    is there an echo in here?
    My web browser update jumps over the speed bumps.
    Opera 12.12 runs fast.

I've confirmed that it happened at the car dealership at Frankford Ave. and Benner St. It was Northeast Dodge (or possibly Dodge City) at the time. It's a possibility that it happened sometime between 1967 and 1970.

NJbound is offline Guest

was it a person who worked there who was murdered or who was the killer?

jazzman is offline Junior Member

If you haven't already asked them, there's a Facebook group full of people who grew up in Wissinoming, they may be able to help:

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM WISSINOMING