Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Steve1967 is offline Junior Member

Angry Trash set out early violation (what is this???)

I just went to put out the trash, and on the back door there was a violation Notice stating Trash set out early.I never knew you couldn't do this???What!! I always put out the trash the night before.
    It says fine amount $50.00 and under it says warning (no payment required at this time,however if violation persists a monetary violation will be issued)So is this just a warning??? How long have they been doing this for?? Also this is not on a street or sidewalk but the back of my duplex.It also says you can't put out trash after 7:00 the night before collection day.So when can I put out trash??This is very strange or I'm living in a bubble.All the other neighbors have trash outside right now.Lots of questions here.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Look again; it probably says you can't set it out *before* 7pm the night before.
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.

It says exactly You can't store trash/recyclables on sidewalk,set trash/recyclables out after 7p.m the night before collection day.

It was little bags of some shrubs and I mean little.They were not put in trash cans but on the concrete and on the property.

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Don't put your trash out before 7pm the night before.

O.k Sorry read it wrong.

Jtom is offline Member

I've heard of people getting this and it's absolutely ridiculous. It's a stupid nanny state law that was enacted so that the City can act as a leech, slowly sucking money out of us.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Yeah, its one of those rules that been in the books for a long time, but rarely enforced...unless someone reports it. Which happens now and again.

Philly Streets Department: SWEEP

SWEEP is Streets & Walkways Education and Enforcement Program, the City-run program created to educate Philadelphia citizens about their responsibilities under the Sanitation Code. SWEEP enforces the law against violators through intensified street patrols by uniformed litter enforcement officers, computerized tracking of code violation notices, and speedy adjudication of violations. Through education and enforcement, SWEEP supports and enhances individual and community efforts to maintain a clean City.
    Specially trained civilian officers meet with the individuals responsible for the operation of businesses and apartment buildings to review cleanup responsibilities. SWEEP officers will work with residential communities to address problem locations. In cases of non-compliance, SWEEP officers will issue warnings and citations to the appropriate individuals.

Philly Streets Department: Sanitation

Regular Collection
    Trash and recycling should be set out between 7:00 PM the night before collection day and 7:00 AM the day of collection.
    Early Collection
    (Vine St. to Bainbridge St., from Schuylkill River to Delaware River): Trash and recycling should be set out after 8:00 PM the night before collection day and no later than 6:00 AM the day of collection.

And here is the form to rat out your bad neighbors:

Philadelphia Streets Department

Also on that website is where you pay that fine.
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

Zombo is offline Banned

loveisnoise is offline Senior Member

There must be order in society, or humanity will make their area a ghetto where tires are slashed and trash runs amuck.