Register
+ Reply to Thread
    kbjc72 is offline Senior Member

Default Quality of Life Issues? Contact C.L.I.P.

TO CONTACT:

GRAFFITI ABATEMENT TEAM
    online at: http:City of Philadelphia
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator or (215)686-0000 to leave a message

COMMUNITY LIFE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CLIP) & VACANT LOT PROGRAM
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator

COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (CPP)
    online at: City of Philadelphia
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator or (215)686-0000 and leave a message

COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM (CSP)
    dial (215)685-3071

Mission The Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services consists of several programs and agencies dedicated to improving the appearance of neighborhoods throughout the City of Philadelphia through the eradication of blight. These programs are designed to maximize effectiveness and efficiency by creating partnerships with residents and businesses to foster sustainable communities.

Catch updates from C.L.I.P. on Facebook at Clip Philly and Twitter at ClipPhilly.

Cya
    Cya is online now Don't get me started

Do you have a link for the facebook page, because I can't find it.
    To the Firefighters union and DC33-
    "Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are."
    - Thomas Carlyle

To Mayor Nutter:
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Winston S. Churchill

I was not able to attach the link. The page does come up in the search venue though.
    Last edited by kbjc72; 02-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.

ACretin is offline Banned

Default why can't we report 311 issues online, but instead only using the telephone between 8 am - 8 pm weekdays

I still don't understand why we can't make these reports online, but rather have to use the telephone, and only between the hours of 8 am - 8 pm, weekdays. How is this more efficient for reporting issues? Clearly, CLIP seems to think it is more efficient to use an online means (FACEBOOK) of delivering updates to the community, i.e. sending info to the community online. why can't we send info to CLIP online? or to the other departments?

wislad is offline Professional Skeptic
    Beautiful Downtown Southwestern Wissinoming

Quote Originally Posted by ACretin View Post
    I still don't understand why we can't make these reports online, but rather have to use the telephone, and only between the hours of 8 am - 8 pm, weekdays. How is this more efficient for reporting issues? Clearly, CLIP seems to think it is more efficient to use an online means (FACEBOOK) of delivering updates to the community, i.e. sending info to the community online. why can't we send info to CLIP online? or to the other departments?
    I communicate with CLIP directly by phone (215-683-CLIP) and fax (215-685-7299).

ACretin is offline Banned

Default why not use the internet too, I heard it was the next big thing

Gee, wouldn't it be great if we could use the internet also to communicate with 311? More people have access to the internet than have access to a fax machine, and nobody has time these days to sit on the phone for 15 minutes waiting/talking with 311, during their limited weekday hours.

wislad is offline Professional Skeptic
    Beautiful Downtown Southwestern Wissinoming

Gee, wouldn't it be great if we could use the internet also to communicate with 311? More people have access to the internet than have access to a fax machine, and nobody has time these days to sit on the phone for 15 minutes waiting/talking with 311, during their limited weekday hours.
    I think being able to communicate with 311 and CLIP on the internet should definitely be an option. However, not everyone is on line--even in this day and age.

hagatha is offline Member
    Tacony, Mayfair, Holmesburg, Upper Holmesburg

If you have a 311 issue and don't want to wait on the phone, you can always contact a 311 liasion.

Neqolcoalition@hotmail.com or message facebook at Northeast QolCoalition Allnewgroup.

Issues/problems are put into the system directly no matter what time of day.

CLIP complaints are called directly to the investigator for this area, and usually are investigated within 48 hrs.

The NE QOL COalition handles any/all Quality Of Life issues. All coplaints are put onto a spreadsheet and worked on unitl the matter is fixed.
    NE QOL Coalition - Different Neighborhoods = One Community

KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!

You can go online for two of the programs. Both Anti Graffiti and the Community Partnership Program have online request forms.
    Go to City of Philadelphia and pick the program you are looking for. The links will lead yo to complaint/request forms and other information. I will also forward your other online concerns to the Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services.

fstrthnthwrld is offline Member

311 is fairly receptive on twitter for those that use that.. @philly311

sometimes it takes them a few hours to reply but at least you can leave a message and get on with your day.

Cya
    Cya is online now Don't get me started

Sitting on the phone for 15 minutes to report an issue is a time luxury I really don't have during the week.
    If internet reporting were possible, I think a lot more neighbors would take advantage of it. That is the goal, right? To get more residents involved in their neighborhood and report QoL issues?
    There is a lot of satisfaction in reporting a problem in your area and watching the result ie: Graffiti removal.

I was talking with an elderly neighbor last week and, as always, she was complaining about the trash around the local corner store. Since I know she's not online, I think I'll finally take the time and call this in to CLIP.
    There is no reason a neighborhood store should welcome you with soda bottles, plastic bags, cigarette packs, etc. all over the ground.
    Probably, no one has ever said anything before. I guess that's the root of the problem.
    To the Firefighters union and DC33-
    "Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are."
    - Thomas Carlyle

To Mayor Nutter:
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Winston S. Churchill

iheartphilly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbjc72 View Post
    TO CONTACT:

GRAFFITI ABATEMENT TEAM
    online at: http:City of Philadelphia
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator or (215)686-0000 to leave a message

COMMUNITY LIFE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CLIP) & VACANT LOT PROGRAM
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator

COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (CPP)
    online at: City of Philadelphia
    dial 311 to speak to a live operator or (215)686-0000 and leave a message

COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM (CSP)
    dial (215)685-3071

Mission The Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services consists of several programs and agencies dedicated to improving the appearance of neighborhoods throughout the City of Philadelphia through the eradication of blight. These programs are designed to maximize effectiveness and efficiency by creating partnerships with residents and businesses to foster sustainable communities.

Catch updates from C.L.I.P. on Facebook at Clip Philly and Twitter at ClipPhilly.
    I have an ongoing problem with illegal dumping. These agencies say that want to improve neighborhoods, but they will not deal with this issue. The Commissioner of streets could care less - my call kept getting transferred to people that didn't want to deal with it either, passing the buck back to me. I get tickets for other people's trash & they won't help with that either. So far I've had to pat $75 dollars in fines, most recenly when someone dumped a full-size pick couch in frony of my door. It'd be lovely to have a separete watch-dog group. This is most definitely a quality of life/health issue, yet no one wants to address it. It kind of blows me away that the City could care less & the organizations you list don't appear to make that an issue either.