Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramp feild

Stingray66 is offline Member

Default Ramp feild

Does any one know whats going on down at ramp play ground in front of judge Went by today and had some heavy equipment in there digging
    Looks lke judge will not have any foot ball games any time soon

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

In school I was taught: "I" before "E", except after "C".

F-I-E-L-D

But as far as that playground, not sure..., I heard that the feds are out roaming towns that John Wayne Gacy might have visited...
    In search of more corpses...

Scoats is offline Moderator

It will be an athletic complex mostly for Father Judge with regulation size football and baseball fields.

NEFighter is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray66 View Post
    Does any one know whats going on down at ramp play ground in front of judge Went by today and had some heavy equipment in there digging
    Looks lke judge will not have any foot ball games any time soon

Everybody who resides in Holmesburg and who uses the playground and neighboring Pennypack Park regularly should fully know about this, but very few do so far while the project itself is being rushed through very hush hush. The plan is to resurface the entire athletic field areas with synthetic grass. Yes, we're talking a type of AstroTurf here. There are all sorts of problems expected to result from this, number one being that Ramp Playground is a vital watershed. Also to be expected is hazardous chemicals that will be in the runoff flowing into surrounding areas, including Pennypack Park, and into the ground water. From an athletic viewpoint many leading athletes today are against synthetic grass, and David Beckham refuses to play on it. In brief, the whole deal smells, and complaints should be made to all our politicians regarding it. The lead politician behind it is the outgoing Joan Krajewski, and I think we all know where that's at. Because your taxdollars are being used in this project you have every right to have your say regarding it, and oppose it if you feel it's misguided. DON'T LET YOUR POLITICIANS TELL YOU OTHERWISE! What I myself as a Holmesburg resident am advocating is that the synthetic resurfacing plan be scrapped and replaced with a plan to resurface the fields with fresh soil and actual grass. You can't go wrong with that. And I encourage all others to do the same.

kbjc72 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NEFighter View Post
    Everybody who resides in Holmesburg and who uses the playground and neighboring Pennypack Park regularly should fully know about this, but very few do so far while the project itself is being rushed through very hush hush. The plan is to resurface the entire athletic field areas with synthetic grass. Yes, we're talking a type of AstroTurf here. There are all sorts of problems expected to result from this, number one being that Ramp Playground is a vital watershed. Also to be expected is hazardous chemicals that will be in the runoff flowing into surrounding areas, including Pennypack Park, and into the ground water. From an athletic viewpoint many leading athletes today are against synthetic grass, and David Beckham refuses to play on it. In brief, the whole deal smells, and complaints should be made to all our politicians regarding it. The lead politician behind it is the outgoing Joan Krajewski, and I think we all know where that's at. Because your taxdollars are being used in this project you have every right to have your say regarding it, and oppose it if you feel it's misguided. DON'T LET YOUR POLITICIANS TELL YOU OTHERWISE! What I myself as a Holmesburg resident am advocating is that the synthetic resurfacing plan be scrapped and replaced with a plan to resurface the fields with fresh soil and actual grass. You can't go wrong with that. And I encourage all others to do the same.
    Ridiculous. Steve weren't you bounced from blogs before for such nonsense? Maybe you and the civic head should have showed up to the community meeting at RAMP. Hazardous chemicals will not be running off into Pennypack creek. Thanks for the scare tactic.
    The field resurfacing project has been in the planning stages for over two years. So, your statement that it is being rushed through under a hush hush policy is baseless.
    The project is going ahead as planned.
    P.S. Who cares about David Beckham? Oh, soccer moms that enjoy daydreaming.

Stingray66 is offline Member

I live across the street form this and I did not know till they made a big mess I am MAD AS HELL that some one pulled a fast one

as far as synthetic grass you got to be kidding that is going to look and smell as the years go by who is going to take care of itI really think something smells here every one on the block is tick off
    Would like to know who was the morron that pulled this one
    and My tax dollars are going for this My real estate Taxs are going up agian and NOW we know why WHAT A WASTE
    but very few do so far while the project itself is being rushed through very hush hush. The plan is to resurface the entire athletic field areas with synthetic grass. Yes, we're talking a type of AstroTurf here.
    Yes this was rushed in so no one could stop it just like the methadone clinc Also found out that the neighborhood kidds will not be aloud to play on this park only father judge is aloud
    whats worng with this picture
    will be making calls tomorrow but we all know its not going to change a thing the FIX IS ALL READDY IN
    Time to move

172ndĽ2010 is offline Senior Member

Default Ramp Fields

Quote Originally Posted by kbjc72 View Post
    Ridiculous. Steve weren't you bounced from blogs before for such nonsense? Maybe you and the civic head should have showed up to the community meeting at RAMP. Hazardous chemicals will not be running off into Pennypack creek. Thanks for the scare tactic.
    The field resurfacing project has been in the planning stages for over two years. So, your statement that it is being rushed through under a hush hush policy is baseless.
    The project is going ahead as planned.
    P.S. Who cares about David Beckham? Oh, soccer moms that enjoy daydreaming.

What about those of us who enjoy Daydreaming about Soccer Moms? LOL

Will the Fields be available to other teams with the Issuance of Permits?

Quote Originally Posted by 172ndĽ2010 View Post
    What about those of us who enjoy Daydreaming about Soccer Moms? LOL

Will the Fields be available to other teams with the Issuance of Permits?
    Yes, permits will be issued to other teams

This was not rushed. I will say it again, it has been in process for over two years. Multi-million dollar projects do not get rushed through. Why would anyone be mad at an updated facility? It has looked like hell for over 30 years. Boo hoo, people won't be able to walk their dogs there anymore. You weren't suppose to walk them there in the first place. It is an athletic field, not a dog park. Nothing nicer then letting your dog defecate on a ball field and leaving it there.

I live across the street form this and I did not know till they made a big mess I am MAD AS HELL that some one pulled a fast one

as far as synthetic grass you got to be kidding that is going to look and smell as the years go by who is going to take care of itI really think something smells here every one on the block is tick off
    and My tax dollars are going for this My real estate Taxs are going up agian and NOW we know why WHAT A WASTE

Yes this was rushed in so no one could stop it just like the methadone clinc Also found out that the neighborhood kidds will not be aloud to play on this park only father judge is aloud
    will be making calls tomorrow but we all know its not going to change a thing the FIX IS ALL READDY IN
    Time to move

CLSSWEEP is offline Junior Member

Default Ramp

From my understanding Judge is paying for a large part of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by CLSSWEEP View Post
    That's correct

threeskis is offline Member

I wonder if the gates will be locked when not in use by those who will have permits. I hope a city owned facility is open to all to use. Liberty bell/ Picariello Playground (red lion and calera) locks up the baseball field already.

Mayfair101 is offline Senior Member

Time to move

I dont live near it but, I heard about the project over a year ago..I think some people are just pissed they cant let their dog **** there.

Quote Originally Posted by threeskis View Post
    I wonder if the gates will be locked when not in use by those who will have permits. I hope a city owned facility is open to all to use. Liberty bell/ Picariello Playground (red lion and calera) locks up the baseball field already.
    They dont lock it up so people cant use it...they lock them up because people ruin and vandalize the properties wasting the volunteers efforts for a clean place to play. I wish they would lock up every single playground and field after dark....

Quote Originally Posted by CLSSWEEP View Post
    I heard Judge raised the funds through many alumni donations....good for them it will look awesome when its done..Im not sure why someone would want to move because of it....

@ Mayfair......Liberty bell YO doesn't own the field.....city does....how come Parkwood fields aren't locked up or Academy Sabres ? ....seen with my own eyes....guy from Liberty bell tell a group that were playing softball on the field that they couldn't use it......they weren't vandalizing or trashing....simply having fun.

The Count is online now Senior Member

Here's the thing: they have to lock the gates because if they don't dog owners will use it as a dog run and there will be piss and crap all over the field. That's the sad reality.

That being said, just because public funds are paying a portion that doesn't mean that everybody is allowed to use it. You can't exactly stroll into Citizens Bank Park or Lincoln Financial Field.

Citizens bank and Lincoln financial field compared to LB yo or Ramp ?....stretch there....apples and not even oranges there

The Count is online now Senior Member

Citizens bank and Lincoln financial field compared to LB yo or Ramp ?....stretch there....apples and not even oranges there
    Sorry, for people to stupid to figure it out let me make my point more clear: just because public funds are used for something does not mean that the public has a right to unfettered access.

It's Judge's field. If they're smart, they'll lock the gate whenever they are not using it. Otherwise it will be abused by low-lifes and animals.

no need for the insult Kelly Leak... your analogy doesn't hold water....Analogies should make some sort of sense is all. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.