Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    kbjc72 is offline Senior Member

Call 610-292-6312 for Inquirer boxes. Here is a city site to provide you with other numbers City of Philadelphia . Go to the bottom of the page and hit the link showing the List for all Anti-Graffiti Agencies.

lemko is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by drewpuc View Post
    There is graffiti on the Inquirer box on the corner of my block. I'm guessing they (Inquirer peeps) are not going to clean it up. Anyone know of a good way to get it off those newspaper boxes?
    What corner?

drewpuc is offline Member

Lemko: Northwest corner of Dungan and Shelmire.

Lemko: Northwest corner of Dungan and Shelmire.
    Got it about 15 minutes ago. It was some unintelligible green scrawl all over the side facing Dungan. Also got several bandit signs along the way.

drewpuc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Got it about 15 minutes ago. It was some unintelligible green scrawl all over the side facing Dungan. Also got several bandit signs along the way.
    Wow! Thanks Lemko...walked the dog last night and saw that it was gone. You are a true hero of Northeast Philly!

Wow! Thanks Lemko...walked the dog last night and saw that it was gone. You are a true hero of Northeast Philly!
    You're welcome!

There are several products on the market that are great for removing graffiti. One of the best is simply called "Graffiti Remover" by the makers of Goof-Off. It comes in a yellow can with a blue cap, costs around $7 and is available at your local Lowes in the solvents aisle. Believe me, I go through a LOT of this stuff. In lieu of this product, I use Carb & Choke cleaner which is mostly acetone - a universal solvent of paints and inks.

Polar Cub is offline Better than a cat

You're welcome!

There are several products on the market that are great for removing graffiti. One of the best is simply called "Graffiti Remover" by the makers of Goof-Off. It comes in a yellow can with a blue cap, costs around $7 and is available at your local Lowes in the solvents aisle. Believe me, I go through a LOT of this stuff. In lieu of this product, I use Carb & Choke cleaner which is mostly acetone - a universal solvent of paints and inks.
    For my vehicles I swear by Motsenbocker's LIFT OFF. The spray paint just melts right off completely. No hard rubbing. Vehicle paint is completely unharmed. Biodegradable and water-based too.
    Lemko, you gotta try this stuff. Works on any porous or non-porous surface. Mtsenbcker's LIFT OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Cub View Post
    For my vehicles I swear by Motsenbocker's LIFT OFF. The spray paint just melts right off completely. No hard rubbing. Vehicle paint is completely unharmed. Biodegradable and water-based too.
    Lemko, you gotta try this stuff. Works on any porous or non-porous surface. Mtsenbcker's LIFT OFF
    I'll check it out. My neighbor's work van was tagged when he was on a job down near Tyson and Bustleton a while back. I used the Goof-Off on it to no ill effect. I find keeping a good coat of wax on a vehicle helps to keep spray paint from adhering to the finish.

Cya
    Cya is offline Don't get me started

Broad Street Media LLC - Mayfair graffiti suspect wanted by police

Check this out! Anyone know this punk? (use the link to view picture) The NE Times is actually printing a surveillance picture of this idiot.

Mayfair graffiti suspect wanted by police
    By William Kenny 4 hours 6 minutes ago
    Font size:

Suspect in a surveillance photo. PHOTO PROVIDED BY PHILADELPHIA POLICE.
    Philadelphia police have some old business to clean up with a male who last summer made Mayfair a much dirtier place.

Northeast Detectives last week released surveillance photos of a teenager or young adult who defaced the facades of at least 20 businesses along Frankford Avenue last summer. Early on July 4, the vandal scratched or etched the initials HX on numerous windows and glass doors along the avenue between Wellington and Lansing streets.
    To the Firefighters union and DC33-
    "Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are."
    - Thomas Carlyle

To Mayor Nutter:
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Winston S. Churchill

Some a-hole(s) did a real number on the Hair Design Outlet at 1006 Cottman Avenue, Burlholme Auto Body at 1010 Cottman Avenue, and the Bank of America branch at 1000 Cottman Avenue, and another property behind the Crown Chicken at 7273 Oxford Avenue with purple spray paint. I tackled this mess as soon as I saw it. These (censored)s have come through this neighborhood previously and left their senseless scrawl all over the place. I catch them, their DNA will be splattered all over this neighborhood!

DigitalizeDeath is offline Junior Member

Again, I admire what you do Lemko! I used to live up closer to 5-points, so I know it's only a few days before more tags show up. Incidentally, what would you suggest to remove interior graffiti off of painted sheetrock, or painted cement block that won't bugger up the paint?

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

Some a-hole(s) did a real number on the Hair Design Outlet at 1006 Cottman Avenue, Burlholme Auto Body at 1010 Cottman Avenue, and the Bank of America branch at 1000 Cottman Avenue, and another property behind the Crown Chicken at 7273 Oxford Avenue with purple spray paint. I tackled this mess as soon as I saw it. These (censored)s have come through this neighborhood previously and left their senseless scrawl all over the place. I catch them, their DNA will be splattered all over this neighborhood!
    And then someone will have to clean the BLOODSTAINS off the cement pavement!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalizeDeath View Post
    Again, I admire what you do Lemko! I used to live up closer to 5-points, so I know it's only a few days before more tags show up. Incidentally, what would you suggest to remove interior graffiti off of painted sheetrock, or painted cement block that won't bugger up the paint?
    You could probably use Goof-Off Graffiti Remover on a solid oil-based finish without too much trouble. Latex paint can only be painted over. Any chemical will bubble up latex paint. You can try using WD-40 and a light grade of steel wool on a latex finish. It takes time and I can't guarantee it will all come off. Sometimes, a househould cleaner, a scrub brush, and water can do it if the graffiti is fresh. I was suprised at how well Fantastic or Formula 309 can work on graffiti.

Default Another Property Vandalized by the Same Morons!

I was driving to work and noticed yet another property vandalized by the same knuckleheads. This property is home to offices of Urban Realty Corporation at 7267 Rising Sun Avenue, telephone number 215-695-0100. Damage is purple spraypaint against a dirty white stucco surface. Other properties have been damaged by this/these vandal(s) in this vicinity in the past two days using the same purple spraypaint: the Hair Design Outlet at 1006 Cottman Avenue, a bare cinderblock wall that belongs to Burlholme Auto Body at 1010 Cottman Avenue, the Bank of America branch at 1000 Cottman Avenue, and a vacant storefront behind the Crown Chicken at 7273 Oxford Avenue with purple spray paint.

Default More Damage by Same Creeps this Morning!

Properties observed damaged are:

7130 Rising Sun Avenue - offices of Dr. Joseph P. Hanuscin and Dr. Joseph J. Kollmer.
    7124 - East Coast Event Group.
    Robert Stevens Scratch and Dent Appliances at 7119 Rising Sun Avenue: buildings and two trucks.

What was cool, however, is that the property owners were out immediately cleaning up this mess! These graffiti vandal knuckleheads must like wasting their time and materials. I hesitate to say "their money" as it's really their Mommies' money because these jackasses don't work or own property like the victims of their crimes! Probably never will. Keep it up, losers, and you're going to get the same vicious beatdown that awaits the Mayfair tire slashers! One guy threatened to give them a "California smile" which is placing their mouth on the curb and stomping the back of their head smashing all their teeth!

The damage by these creeps is beyond fiendish! I discovered even more damaged wrought by these scumbags!

Oxford Towers Apartments - 7210 Oxford Avenue - Silver spray paint on north wall facing parking lot and silver spray paint on SE corner facing Oxford Avenue.

Quaker Diner 7241 Oxford Avenue - Silver spray paint on blue fence near south wall of property.

1007 Cottman Avenue - former site of Burlholme Tavern - black spray paint on red brick front wall facing Cottman Avenue.

These idiots are seriously emotionally disturbed!

Default Degenerates!!!

I guess the tire slashers and bandit sign idiots are grabbing too much attention, so the graffiti degenerates demand their share of the spotlight. Some idiots did some really fiendish damage to the stretch of Oxford Avenue from Unruh up to Tyson. This had to have occurred some time past 9 PM Monday night as all this garbage wasn't there when I last passed through the neighborhood. Among the properties damaged were:

Traffic control box: NE corner of Oxford Avenue and Tyson: ROBO in purple paint.

Fire hydrant near NE corner of Oxford Avenue and Tyson: Unintelligible black spray paint.

Reflecting warning sign: 6909 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible black spray paint.

Traffic control box: NE corner of Oxford Avenue and Disston: Unintelligible black spray paint.

Easter Services Banner for Old Trinity Church: SW corner Disston and Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible black spray paint. (Vandalizing church property is truly disgusting!)

Utility pole: 6849 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible white spray paint.

Tree: 6840 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible white spray paint.

Fire hydrant NE corner of Oxford Avenue and Glenview: Unintelligible white spray paint.

Utility pole: SW corner of Glenview and Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible white spray paint.

Fence: Rear 700 Knorr along 6700 block of Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible white spray paint three times 2 feet high by 4 feet long.

Fence: Rear 704 Knorr along 6700 block of Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible white spray paint two times 2 feet high by 3 feet long.

Mailbox: SE corner of Unruh and Oxford: Rear Unintelligible white spray paint.

I cleaned up everything the best I could. The folks in the neighborhoods were very appreciative. That which I could not clean was immediately reported to the proper authorities and I did file a police report.
    Last edited by lemko; 03-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

marbugkid is offline Member

Saw this crap too... Had to happen early this morning since it was NOT there late last night when I had to run an errand.

There is also white spray on the hydrant at the end of Fanshawe at Oxford. I'm gonna have to get some remover stocked up in the house....

Addendum: Same tag "RSN" on the hydrant at Fanshawe is on the hydrants at Oxford and Kerper and at Oxford and Longshore...two are white, one black.
    Last edited by marbugkid; 03-28-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

This really saddens me--when I lived there, there was really very little graffiti. What's wrong with those idiots?
    Competition is indispensable to progress. John Stuart Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by marbugkid View Post
    Saw this crap too... Had to happen early this morning since it was NOT there late last night when I had to run an errand.

There is also white spray on the hydrant at the end of Fanshawe at Oxford. I'm gonna have to get some remover stocked up in the house....

Addendum: Same tag "RSN" on the hydrant at Fanshawe is on the hydrants at Oxford and Kerper and at Oxford and Longshore...two are white, one black.
    I got the three hydrants you mentioned this morning. Thanks for the tips! However, I found even more destruction wrought by these idiots along the way:

Utility pole: 701 Longshore Avenue: Unintelligible - black spray paint.
    Utility pole: 6955 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - white spray paint.
    Tool shed: 800 Fanshawe Street: Unintelligible - white spray paint.
    Truck: Oxford Auto Repair - 6529 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - black spray paint multiple times.
    Fence:Oxford Auto Repair - 6529 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - black spray paint.
    Trailer: 6523 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - white spray paint.
    Oxford House Apartments - 6451 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - black spray paint.
    Mailbox: 6423 Oxford Avenue: Unintelligible - white spray paint.

The little idiots who wreak this destruction call hitting multiple properties all at once in the same night a "bombing run" as in they "bomb" the neighborhood with their senseless tags nobody wants to see while they get a good laugh at the expense of the community. Apparently, thats what happened to Oxford Avenue on either Monday night or early Tuesday morning.