Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EddieJ1984 is offline Senior Member

Default Walmart moving into Franklin Mills Mall

Per this weeks Northeast Times, Walmart will be moving to the old boscov's store in Franklin Mills and will be a Super Walmart!
    Also JCPenney Outlet will become a regular JCPenney.

Sailaway is offline Giggity Giggity Goo!

That Walmart is so ghetto. I hope it improves but doubt it. I miss the Boscov's though.
    If you believe people should work till they die to pay for a government worker to retire at 50, you're a Democrat. Otherwise, you're a Republican. All other differences between the parties are trivial.

Mayfair is offline Since 1929

Hahaha .... Might as well!

Leave the camera - Lose the LIGHT

http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/fo...frankford.html

Weakness as in complaining is easy; getting up off your duff and doing something positive may be tougher...but it's more rewarding.

TEX
    TEX is offline Senior Member

WalMart is the devil!
    There is no great genius without a drop of madness.

caL
    caL is offline Senior Member

Walmart moving into the old Boscov's - bad.
    JCPenney investing and upgrading their store - good.

Is it just me or are some of the stores that call themselves "outlets" at Franklin Mills no cheaper than at non-outlet malls?

unluckystars is offline Member

A lot of the stores in mills are not actually outlets, like the newer Victorias Secret that opened a year or two ago is a regular one. Walmart is moving so they can make it a super Walmart. Due to pathmark currently being so close,they can't where they are. As far as i know, they are demolishing the Boscovs and using that whole section including the green entrance and the old rainforest cafe to build a new one. They were going to put Target there first but that fell thru. The regular JCPenny isnt opening until november at the earliest.

caL
    caL is offline Senior Member

It's a shame Target didn't get the space. Walmart,

SkinnyArbuckle is offline Bensalem Sucks

With it being a "super" wal-mart, I hope they hire more cashiers, because they only ever seem to have 2 or 3 check out lanes open with 10 customers in each line. Since it will have a grocery section, the lines will be even slower with all the EBT card users.

lemko is offline Senior Member

If I ever go to a Wal~Mart, it's the one near the Neshaminy Mall. The Philadelphia Wal~Marts are really, really ghetto. The one on Adams and the Boulevard is like a zoo and the one in Whitman Square seems like a third-world country. I feel like I need a shower after I've been in either of them. It is best to avoid Wal~Mart altogether if you can.

I believe the "old" Frankilin Mills Wal~Mart was Carrefour. Now, that place was AWESOME! You could bring coupons from any store and they'd double them. You'd walk out with many bags of groceries for about $17. I guess they went out of business because they were too generous.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    If I ever go to a Wal~Mart, it's the one near the Neshaminy Mall. The Philadelphia Wal~Marts are really, really ghetto. The one on Adams and the Boulevard is like a zoo and the one in Whitman Square seems like a third-world country. I feel like I need a shower after I've been in either of them. It is best to avoid Wal~Mart altogether if you can.
    Wrong. Those two are heads and shoulders above the one on Delaware Avenue/Columbus Boulevard in S. Philly. *That* is the hot, ghetto mess. I only go in Wal-Mart when hubby drags me in kicking and screaming.
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

NE19124 is offline Banned

I don't know...the one at the blvd and adams is a real mess. LAst time I went in there it looked like a bomb went off inside. all the merchandise seemed to be thrown on the floor, nothing on the hooks. People were rude and obnoxious. Was glad to get out of there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Wrong. Those two are heads and shoulders above the one on Delaware Avenue/Columbus Boulevard in S. Philly. *That* is the hot, ghetto mess. I only go in Wal-Mart when hubby drags me in kicking and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by NE19124 View Post
    I don't know...the one at the blvd and adams is a real mess. LAst time I went in there it looked like a bomb went off inside. all the merchandise seemed to be thrown on the floor, nothing on the hooks. People were rude and obnoxious. Was glad to get out of there real fast.
    Ha! If you want a real culture shock...take a ride south.

NE19124 is offline Banned

I'm sure. It seems all these stores like K-mart and walmart excluding Target are all a big mess
    in the city.

Mayfair101 is offline Senior Member

WHen we go to the poconos I love shopping at Super walmart...just getting those basics at a lower price really helps. Out of all the Philly Walmarts I dont think Franklin Mills is THAT bad....Adams smells like Body Odor and people are rude as hell...god forbid the access card wont go through and they have to pay cash....

cewillm is offline Senior Member

I don't know if you're referring to the South Philly Walmart or the ones in the actual south, but the huge, mega-super-dooper-Walmarts in South Carolina and Florida are amazing in their sheer size and sales volume, if nothing else.

Polar Cub is offline Better than a cat

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post

I believe the "old" Frankilin Mills Wal~Mart was Carrefour. Now, that place was AWESOME! You could bring coupons from any store and they'd double them. You'd walk out with many bags of groceries for about $17. I guess they went out of business because they were too generous.
    The truth is, they left quickly to avoid taxes, despite the huge profits. They had a 5 year tax deal. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by cewillm View Post
    I don't know if you're referring to the South Philly Walmart or the ones in the actual south, but the huge, mega-super-dooper-Walmarts in South Carolina and Florida are amazing in their sheer size and sales volume, if nothing else.
    S. Philly.

I realize they are a staple in the South.

PoopyHead is offline Proceed With Caution

haha.. I was told when I moved down here to NEVER EVER EVER step foot into that Walmart.
    “You're black and your last name is Black? That's like if my name was Larry Jew.” - Larry David
    --------

A.R.F.!!

PoopyHead is offline Proceed With Caution

Quote Originally Posted by NE19124 View Post
    Recently, I had to go to the Sprint Store in that shopping center. From the mexicans by the home depot to the people freaking out on the Sprint reps in the store, I was happy to get out of there in under 40 minutes!
    “You're black and your last name is Black? That's like if my name was Larry Jew.” - Larry David
    --------

A.R.F.!!

Captain Awesome is offline Vote Quimby

I only go in Wal-Mart when hubby drags me in kicking and screaming.
    Wal-Mart is such a people zoo that you wouldn't be the only kicking, screaming woman being dragged around the store by her spouse....
    "Genius is the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way."
    -Charles Bukowski