Register
+ Reply to Thread
    WWDaze is offline Happily in Exile

Default Mayfair home invasion

Any info regarding the victims or perps of the home invasion on the 3400 blk of Friendship earlier this week. Also noticed there was another one on the 3100 blk of Levick, any chance they're connected?
    "The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"-Winston Churchill

"I love a public service homicide, don't you"-Lennie Briscoe

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

Quote Originally Posted by WWDaze View Post
    Any info regarding the victims or perps of the home invasion on the 3400 blk of Friendship earlier this week. Also noticed there was another one on the 3100 blk of Levick, any chance they're connected?

Holy sh**. I need to call my ex-neighbor. That's my old block.

Quote Originally Posted by MayfairMeat View Post
    Holy sh**. I need to call my ex-neighbor. That's my old block.
    I wasn't aware of the Levick St one until I googled the Freindship St one (which was on Philly.com) and a NETimes article mentioned it.
    One week, three home invasions in NE | Northeast Times | 03/16/2011
    "The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"-Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by WWDaze View Post
    I wasn't aware of the Levick St one until I googled the Freindship St one (which was on Philly.com) and a NETimes article mentioned it.
    One week, three home invasions in NE | Northeast Times | 03/16/2011
    I just talked to a neighbor.

Don't worry about the one on Levick. There's a reason behind it but I won't go into it on here, I'll PM you.

Oh nevermind the article describes most of the shenanegans going on at that house. I did NOT know there was a shooting there in January; I probably wasn't home.

I will just say this: people who run drug houses in the city will find themselves a very ripe target for break-ins. Junkies love to burglarize houses they know have stashes in them.
    Last edited by ArcticSplash; 03-17-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Most home invasions aren't random, there's usually a reason for them and it's pretty common knowledge as to why. I would assume the one on Friendship is due to the same circumstances.

Highway is offline Member

Too bad the last time I offered police contact information, members doubted me and my intentions. I know all about these incidents.

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

I just talked to a neighbor.

Don't worry about the one on Levick. There's a reason behind it but I won't go into it on here, I'll PM you.

Oh nevermind the article describes most of the shenanegans going on at that house. I did NOT know there was a shooting there in January; I probably wasn't home.

I will just say this: people who run drug houses in the city will find themselves a very ripe target for break-ins. Junkies love to burglarize houses they know have stashes in them.
    WHY IS IT........ that whenever I click on a "philly.com" link, it gets me popups, security notices, and MULTIPLE repeating browser windows keep flooding my screen?

I gotta to a cntr/alt/del to stop that madness!

WHAT IS WITH that crappy site?
    To hell with them!, I'll prefer to read things from the paper!

Quote Originally Posted by NE19149 View Post
    WHY IS IT........ that whenever I click on a "philly.com" link, it gets me popups, security notices, and MULTIPLE repeating browser windows keep flooding my screen?

I gotta to a cntr/alt/del to stop that madness!

WHAT IS WITH that crappy site?

Its easier to read if you get Google Chrome and install the Adblock extension... it blocks most of the ad crap on philly.com

The Inquirer organization is bankrupt so they gotta get the dollars somehow, if that means accepting $500 more so local personal injury lawyers can have popup ads then c'est la vie.

Here's the article:

By William Kenny

Times Staff Writer

Police in Northeast Philadelphia are investigating three home invasions, all involving guns, that occurred between March 7 and 14.

No life-threatening injuries were reported, although victims were beaten in all three cases, police said.

The latest incident occurred at about 10:20 a.m. Monday on the 3400 block of Friendship St. in Mayfair.

A 31-year-old man was at home with his two children when he heard a knock at his door, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police department spokeswoman.

Recognizing the male visitor as a friend, the resident opened the door. An instant later, three unknown men burst into the house using strong-arm tactics. The invaders rummaged through the house, stealing $180 cash, a bracelet and a handgun, Russell said. The male resident and his children were forced to sit on a couch during the episode but were not injured.

The resident’s friend later told police that the three unknown crooks had assaulted him just prior to the home invasion. They forced him to knock on the door in order to gain access to the home, the man claimed. He reported no injuries.

No descriptions of the three men have been released.

An unrelated home invasion occurred March 7 on Knorr Street near Algon Avenue in the Castor Gardens section. Investigators believe that the victims, a husband and wife in their 30s, were followed home from the Chinese restaurant where they work near Adams Avenue and Tabor Road.

As the couple approached their home at about 11 p.m., three armed males threatened them and forced them inside the house, said Lt. Mark Burgmann of Northeast Detectives.

The suspect bound the husband with wire-ties and ordered the wife to open the safe. When she denied that they had a safe, one of the suspects pistol-whipped the woman in the face. She then complied with the demands.

During the episode, one of the gunmen fired a shot into the floor, but the bullet struck no one.

The men fled with about $5,000 in cash and property, including jewelry, a laptop computer and a handbag.

All three men are described as black and in their mid-20s. They all wore dark clothing. One stands about 5 feet 11 inches tall. No further information was available about the others.

Another home invasion occurred March 9 at about 9:40 p.m. on the 3100 block of Levick St. in Mayfair.

Two men wearing masks broke through the front door of a house, went to the second floor and demanded the wallet of a 21-year-old man, Burgmann said. The intruders beat the victim on the head and bit his hand before fleeing with the wallet, which was empty of cash.

The victim was treated at Aria Health Frankford and released.

Two other people in their 20s were in the house on the first floor at the time and told police that they were unaware of the robbery, Burgmann said. One of the two had been wounded during a shooting in the same house in January. A suspect in that case has been arrested and charged.

One man in last week’s crime is described as black, 6 feet 1 inch tall and 170 pounds. The other is described as Hispanic. No further descriptions were available.

Call Northeast Detectives at 215-686-3153 to report information about any of the three home invasions.

Reporter William Kenny can be reached at 215-354-3031 or bkenny@bsmphilly.com

cerberus413 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NE19149 View Post
    What is this "paper" you speak of?

Its easier to read if you get Google Chrome and install the Adblock extension... it blocks most of the ad crap on philly.com
    or FireFox with the same addon plus No Script....

I dont see any ads, popups etc...love it!

Police in Northeast Philadelphia are investigating three home invasions, all involving guns, that occurred between March 7 and 14.

No life-threatening injuries were reported, although victims were beaten in all three cases, police said.

The latest incident occurred at about 10:20 a.m. Monday on the 3400 block of Friendship St. in Mayfair.

A 31-year-old man was at home with his two children when he heard a knock at his door, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police department spokeswoman.

Recognizing the male visitor as a friend, the resident opened the door. An instant later, three unknown men burst into the house using strong-arm tactics. The invaders rummaged through the house, stealing $180 cash, a bracelet and a handgun, Russell said. The male resident and his children were forced to sit on a couch during the episode but were not injured.

The resident’s friend later told police that the three unknown crooks had assaulted him just prior to the home invasion. They forced him to knock on the door in order to gain access to the home, the man claimed. He reported no injuries.

See thats a tough one.....because they used someone the home-owner knew to gain entry.

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus413 View Post
    What is this "paper" you speak of?
    Oh hush cerbie.... ya know it's the NE Times that gets tossed on my front lawn each week.

NE19149 is offline (^!^)

The Inquirer organization is bankrupt so they gotta get the dollars somehow, if that means accepting $500 more so local personal injury lawyers can have popup ads then c'est la vie.

Here's the article:

By William Kenny

Times Staff Writer

An unrelated home invasion occurred March 7 on Knorr Street near Algon Avenue in the Castor Gardens section. Investigators believe that the victims, a husband and wife in their 30s, were followed home from the Chinese restaurant where they work near Adams Avenue and Tabor Road.

As the couple approached their home at about 11 p.m., three armed males threatened them and forced them inside the house, said Lt. Mark Burgmann of Northeast Detectives.

The suspect bound the husband with wire-ties and ordered the wife to open the safe. When she denied that they had a safe, one of the suspects pistol-whipped the woman in the face. She then complied with the demands.

During the episode, one of the gunmen fired a shot into the floor, but the bullet struck no one.

The men fled with about $5,000 in cash and property, including jewelry, a laptop computer and a handbag.

All three men are described as black and in their mid-20s. They all wore dark clothing. One stands about 5 feet 11 inches tall. No further information was available about the others.

Another home invasion occurred March 9 at about 9:40 p.m. on the 3100 block of Levick St. in Mayfair.

Two men wearing masks broke through the front door of a house, went to the second floor and demanded the wallet of a 21-year-old man, Burgmann said. The intruders beat the victim on the head and bit his hand before fleeing with the wallet, which was empty of cash.

The victim was treated at Aria Health Frankford and released.

Two other people in their 20s were in the house on the first floor at the time and told police that they were unaware of the robbery, Burgmann said. One of the two had been wounded during a shooting in the same house in January. A suspect in that case has been arrested and charged.

One man in last week’s crime is described as black, 6 feet 1 inch tall and 170 pounds. The other is described as Hispanic. No further descriptions were available.

Call Northeast Detectives at 215-686-3153 to report information about any of the three home invasions.

Reporter William Kenny can be reached at 215-354-3031 or bkenny@bsmphilly.com
    Thanks Mr C.

Cya
    Cya is offline Don't get me started

Wow, that was great advice, MM. I downloaded the Google Chrome and Philly.com has never been faster!! I hated going on that site since it was sooooo slow.
    Thanks!!!!