Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Gio7707 is offline Banned

Default Woman Hit by Police Officer/Puerto Rican Parade

WTF is this true ?? look at the video ..surprised it's not even on this site ...

hey ...to protect / serve / and help ... where is the honor here ?? Or do I miss something ..

Now I understand why Micheal Coard is so angry ....

Can Citizens Keep Philly Cops in Line? | The Philly Post

JakeL is offline Senior Member

Not legitimizing the actions here, but at 3 seconds in it looks like someone threw water at the cops. The officer mistakenly thought it was the woman and decked her in the face. Prior to this she's also hopping around yelling at the cops too. These two actions are not wise choices to take when there's a crowd of officers in the middle of a large event.

In the end, everyone lost.

ILoveBeer is offline Member

Why do people think they can just taunt and throw things at the Police. And why is the Puerto Rican day parade a mess every year. Not guilty, next case

InYourVacancies is offline Blight Enthusiast

In the first 2 seconds you can see the guy who threw the bottle of water on the left edge of the video. However, the bottle is clearly open with its contents spewing out (making it a pretty soft thing to get hit with. If you think otherwise you're probably just a cry baby)

Either way, if the cop didn't know who did it, he shouldn't just punch the first person he see's in the face. I know they got a tough job and all, but there's a limit to it.

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

If you watch closely you'll see that she also threw water just before the guy did, but still the cop is very much in the wrong here.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
    If you watch closely you'll see that she also threw water just before the guy did, but still the cop is very much in the wrong here.
    She makes a general throwing motion with her arm, but if you play it frame by frame, the object doesn't leave her hand (and is still there when she gets hit)

Quote Originally Posted by InYourVacancies View Post
    She makes a general throwing motion with her arm, but if you play it frame by frame, the object doesn't leave her hand (and is still there when she gets hit)
    Watch it full screen and you will clearly see, in the first 2 seconds, a fluid flying out of the bottle in her hand.

NJbound is offline Guest

she sprayed them.. Guilty.. Period. Look at this

http://i.imgur.com/y4OAb.gif

PhilaCap is offline Senior Member

Yep - she's guiltily... and so is the scumbag cop who hit her.

Gio7707 is offline Banned

Going viral already...755,459 hits on utube since uploaded...next lawsuit ??

A punch captured on video scars a Philadelphia police officer's career

Former Sexy Single not looking so sexy after woman-punching video goes viral

City Councilwoman Maria Quinones-Sanchez, the city's first Hispanic female member of Council and the grand marshal at Sunday's parade, said that she began to receive calls about the video at 7 a.m. Monday.

"Obviously, my initial reaction was outrage," she said. "This was a woman walking away from a police officer and him reacting in a way that is unnecessary and unacceptable."

Quote Originally Posted by NJbound View Post
    she sprayed them.. Guilty.. Period. Look at this

Oh wow one small spray out of a bottle, as opposed to the actual bottle that was throne at them by the other guy. Maybe somebody can explain to me how that justifies getting hit in the face by cop twice her size.

Oh wow one small spray out of a bottle, as opposed to the actual bottle that was throne at them by the other guy. Maybe somebody can explain to me how that justifies getting hit in the face by cop twice her size.
    I for one am not saying it justifies the force used by the cop, quite the opposite and the cop should be severely disciplined, but facts are facts. To say that she did nothing wrong is to be ignorant of what is clearly visible in the video.

I for one am not saying it justifies the force used by the cop, quite the opposite and the cop should be severely disciplined, but facts are facts. To say that she did nothing wrong is to be ignorant of what is clearly visible in the video.
    Well the first few viewings of the video it is difficult to make out exactly what happened. Forgive me for being "ignorant" in not immediately seeing the water/silly string/whatever it was. However my post was more directed to those who've posted as if her getting hit was justified, which blows my mind.

Sycamore is offline Sure Shot

This wasn't at the parade itself. It was at 5th and Lehigh and the cops were there for a traffic stop, not because they were working the parade. That cop should be fired. I don't care if she DID throw water at him, they're not allowed to hit you from behind, even if you're actually guilty of a much more serious offense.

The Count is offline Senior Member

I think the cop should be commended for showing restaint; I might have hit her more than twice.

Why was she interfering with police activity?

eldondre is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    I think the cop should be commended for showing restaint; I might have hit her more than twice.

that just makes you a wannabe thug and ill qualified to be a cop.
    Last edited by eldondre; 10-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    "It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past"
    Jonathan Safran Foer

Over some water? Are you a cat or a little girl?

The Count is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by eldondre View Post
    that just makes you a wannabe thigh and ill qualified to be a cop.
    Cops are people, they're not robots. They have a temper and a breaking point just like everybody else.

There was obviously a "situation" of some sort and given that this was on day of Puerto Rican day parade I can only imagine it was a chaotic situation.

I don't know about you, but when I see a bunch of cops dealing with a tense situation it does not occur to me to approach them and antagonize them.

Who does that?

Why would you antagonize a police officer?

jizay is offline Senior Member

Over some water? Are you a cat or a little girl?
    Why do you keep saying water? Watch again.

Spray can of something. They get hit with all sorts of chemicals working this thing. I agree with most others that this arrest could've occurred without a punch to the face. I also don't feel the least bit sorry for the troublemaker who got punched.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Cops are people, they're not robots. They have a temper and a breaking point just like everybody else.

There was obviously a "situation" of some sort and given that this was on day of Puerto Rican day parade I can only imagine it was a chaotic situation.

I don't know about you, but when I see a bunch of cops dealing with a tense situation it does not occur to me to approach them and antagonize them.

Who does that?

Why would you antagonize a police officer?
    It's interesting really that everyone is focused on a simple punch. Is it because she's a woman, and smaller than the lieutenant?

No one really knows what led up to the exchange since that isn't caught on tape. She could have been going through the crowd annoying the crap out of lots of people, or have had previous words with the lieutenant in question and then sprayed him with the silly string or whatever it was, and he'd had enough. I wonder if some of you had seen the whole thing might not have agreed at least on some level with what he did? I always find it amazing that people that don't have to deal with daily taunts, random bricks tossed and untold comments would be quite so forgiving and understanding, and as restrained as he was in offering just the one shot?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.