Register
+ Reply to Thread
    billy ross is offline Senior Member

Default 90 y.o. Woman caught in crossfire in Warminster

News - philly.com

Unfortunately she had a bad neighbor above. Looks like some cops with accuracy issues killed her.

Geno is offline Moderator

Damn and I was thinking of leaving Mt Airy to move to Warminster....

John Goodman is offline Senior Member

Typical suburban meth dealer

OldMama is offline Senior Member

And last I looked, Warminster was not in Jersey.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

It sounds like the cops randomly returned suppressing fire as you would when caught in an ambush in Vietnam, except it's an apartment complex with the poor woman living under the shooters apartment windows. The bullet entered her shoulder blade and exited her chest so it didn't come from above, despite that police claim they don't know. Also there are no holes through the ceiling.

Authorities still not sure who fired shot that killed elderly Warminster woman - phillyburbs.com: Hamptons: warminster, stand-off, jefferson on the creek apartments, mike murphy, andrew graham cairns

enyo is offline Senior Member

I thought I read somewhere that he had a history of domestic violence and even had a caseworker that visited.
    Can you have a record of domestic violence and still be allowed to legally own a gun?
    "Believing is seeing" - paraphrased from PH

Quote Originally Posted by enyo View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that he had a history of domestic violence and even had a caseworker that visited.
    Can you have a record of domestic violence and still be allowed to legally own a gun?
    There's a wide difference between violent and domestic arguments. This guy went off the hook shooting at cops but you'll need to cite if he ever harmed his lady. The way the story reads she left the apartment unharmed after the shooting started.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    There's a wide difference between violent and domestic arguments. This guy went off the hook shooting at cops but you'll need to cite if he ever harmed his lady. The way the story reads she left the apartment unharmed after the shooting started.
    Domestic violence cases escalate, quickly and dangerously. I think something needs to be in place for DV cases: turn in guns with a PofA?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMama View Post
    And last I looked, Warminster was not in Jersey.
    Sorry about that. Meant to post in the Suburbs thread. Train must have moved as I hit the button. Mods feel free to move to where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Damn and I was thinking of leaving Mt Airy to move to Warminster....
    You gotta watch out for those durned upstairs neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    It sounds like the cops randomly returned suppressing fire as you would when caught in an ambush in Vietnam, except it's an apartment complex with the poor woman living under the shooters apartment windows. The bullet entered her shoulder blade and exited her chest so it didn't come from above, despite that police claim they don't know. Also there are no holes through the ceiling.

Authorities still not sure who fired shot that killed elderly Warminster woman - phillyburbs.com: Hamptons: warminster, stand-off, jefferson on the creek apartments, mike murphy, andrew graham cairns
    I don't think Philly cops would be that inept. Amateur suburban cops. Hopefully it wasn't the Philly resident who blasted the Kenzo druggie robbing his house in Andorra. I expect not - I think he's a former Philly cop. Pretty sure those guys are taught that when you squeeze the trigger the bullets go someplace, and you best make sure they don't go someplace they're not supposed to go.
    Last edited by billy ross; 02-20-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post
    Sorry about that. Meant to post in the Suburbs thread. Train must have moved as I hit the button. Mods feel free to move to where it belongs.

I don't think Philly cops would be that inept. Amateur suburban cops. Hopefully it wasn't the Philly resident who blasted the Kenzo druggie robbing his house in Andorra. I expect not - I think he's a former Philly cop. Pretty sure those guys are taught that when you squeeze the trigger the bullets go someplace, and you best make sure they don't go someplace they're not supposed to go.
    Raised in Philly, learned to shoot in the Army, wasn't hard to see this train wreck coming.

O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Hey Bill that is very easily said while sitting on your couch, try it while you have bullets flying by your head.
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    Hey Bill that is very easily said while sitting on your couch, try it while you have bullets flying by your head.
    When was the last time Philly cops hit an innocent bystander with crossfire? I remember being very impressed when the crazy guy with the gun near the McDonald's at Broad and Arch was brought down by a fusillade. No bystanders or cops got hit, and that was not by accident. Obviously you know better than me, but I can't think of any instances, and I watch for that stuff.

I tell my son that Philly cops rank very highly in 'bad dude' status because of the situations you guys need to deal with. He asked me who was higher, and I racked my brain and told him the Israelis.
    Last edited by billy ross; 02-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Marquis is offline Banned

If she had a gun, this would have never happened.

drewrob23 is offline Senior Member

There was an incident a couple years ago where a man fired his weapon in the air on New Years Day and cops happened to see him. They said he pointed his gun at them and fled into a crowded house. While the suspect was fleeing into the house the officers blindly opened fire and shot a couple innocent people in the house. One man shielded his stepson from the shots and died a couple days later. So it happens in Philly also.

Geno is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis View Post
    If she had a gun, this would have never happened.
    This. We need to arm all old ladies ASAP.

Marquis is offline Banned

Well good luck with that. With Obummer taking away all our guns and whatnot, we're doooooooooooommmmed.

Also healthcare.

When was the last time Philly cops hit an innocent bystander with crossfire? I remember being very impressed when the crazy guy with the gun near the McDonald's at Broad and Arch was brought down by a fusillade. No bystanders or cops got hit, and that was not by accident. Obviously you know better than me, but I can't think of any instances, and I watch for that stuff.

I tell my son that Philly cops rank very highly in 'bad dude' status because of the situations you guys need to deal with. He asked me who was higher, and I racked my brain and told him the Israelis.
    Worst case senario Officer Albert Valentino shot & killed by another officer:

Police Officer Albert A. Valentino, Philadelphia Police Department, Pennsylvania

Jose Roman:

Officer shot by friendly fire in North Philadelphia | 6abc.com

July 9, 2007 85 rounds fired 2 officers grazed

Police fire shots for 2d time in two days - Philly.com

Besides the one DrewRob mentioned these are from a quick search. Point is we are not better, just lucky.

That said, no officer wants the outcome that occurred in Bucks County. It is a major tragedy & those involved are besides themselves.
    But a real firefight is nothinig like training or tv or the movies and unless you were in the military or got shot at, you can not imagine what it is like.

The police do not have the option of a full retreat and while attempting a tactical retreat the main objective is to survive and regroup. No one intentionally fired at a 90 year old women, or a group of bystanders or a packed playground here.

And what does an off-duty cop who lives in Andorra defending his family have to do with this?
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis View Post
    Well good luck with that. With Obummer taking away all our guns and whatnot, we're doooooooooooommmmed.
    With Biden recommending two warning shots from a double barreled shotgun as a means of defense, I believe we really are!

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Domestic violence cases escalate, quickly and dangerously. I think something needs to be in place for DV cases: turn in guns with a PofA?
    I think she said he wanted to kill himself, also he didn't have a criminal record.

It's getting pathetic if the cops don't take responsibility soon, I mean how hard can it be and there was also mention the DA is considering murder charges.

Malloy is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    With Biden recommending two warning shots from a double barreled shotgun as a means of defense, I believe we really are!
    Cmon. Really?
    Like PS on Facebook!