Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    toxigal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Litter Box View Post
    A little off topic but I saw this a few days ago and took a pic today. Could this be in response to Obamacare since more people will have insurance and the need to go to the ER may drop off. I also heard a commercial on KYW of a similar business starting up in another part of the city. Looks as if it could be a private extended hours doctors office for people who now would go to the ER. This is a block off S Broad St on West Passyunk. It's not open yet.

i feel like the number of urgent care options has been increasing for a few years. i have insurance and a regular doctor, but visited a drop-in clinic at a drugstore when i developed a UTI on a weekend.

Litter Box is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by toxigal View Post
    i feel like the number of urgent care options has been increasing for a few years. i have insurance and a regular doctor, but visited a drop-in clinic at a drugstore when i developed a UTI on a weekend.
    I was thinking about people who will be getting insurance when Obamacare kicks in and people w/o money or insurance will no longer be stiffing the hospital's ER. The people who flood the ERs will soon have a place to go since they will be covered. A person with your problem and no insurance, credit or cash at this time will end up in the ER at a cost many times that of a pop in clinic late at night or weekends. In this situation Obamacare should be a plus but we shall see.
    But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me.
    12/21/2001 White House release: President Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Litter Box View Post
    I was thinking about people who will be getting insurance when Obamacare kicks in and people w/o money or insurance will no longer be stiffing the hospital's ER. The people who flood the ERs will soon have a place to go since they will be covered. A person with your problem and no insurance, credit or cash at this time will end up in the ER at a cost many times that of a pop in clinic late at night or weekends. In this situation Obamacare should be a plus but we shall see.
    oh, i agree with you, i was just pointing out that they have been becoming more common for a few years.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

CVS has clinics inside them now! With real practitioners! It a very interesting times these days...
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

FKD19124 is offline Banned

and how many of these pop up urgent care facilites are quacks?

Quote Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
    Three.

three too many.

Three.

three too many.
    how many doctors at the local emergency room are quacks?

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Why don't you think the market will sort it out?

far few than the quacks popping up these mom and pop "doctor" offices

how many doctors at the local emergency room are quacks?

what on earth are you talking about?

enyo is offline Senior Member

Maybe we need more job killing regulations to restrict the free market and all these lower cost clinics from popping up?
    I'd rather less options and longer waits for healthcare.
    "Believing is seeing" - paraphrased from PH

hkp
    hkp is offline Señor Member

You're typing out of your ass. The internet really enables people to throw nonsense out and act like these statements are somehow backed by experience or fact.

bootsywannabe is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by enyo View Post
    Maybe we need more job killing regulations to restrict the free market and all these lower cost clinics from popping up?
    I'd rather less options and longer waits for healthcare.
    don't forget no new drugs, and a short list of approved existing drugs. because it's better to ration care and block innovation than to enact any kind of tort reform. all suits against medical practioners are fully merited and ther is no such thing as frivolous lawsuits which drain resources needlessly and provide little benefit to the patient yet plenty of financial benefit to the tort lawyers.

Captain Awesome is offline Vote Quimby

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    CVS has clinics inside them now! With real practitioners! It a very interesting times these days...
    I have insurance and a PCP, but it can be tough to get an appointment with him and he is so thorough with every patient that he runs way behind schedule. The clinics are a great and convenient option when I have something routine, like when I have a bad cold and want to make sure I don't have strep throat. It also helps keep my doctor spending his time on patients who need to see him instead of general things that can be handled by a NP.
    "Genius is the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way."
    -Charles Bukowski

bootsywannabe is offline Banned

Well hopefully the harmonization of the match process between M.D.s and D.O.s in 2015 will help. There's no reason to have a "doctor shortage" and be importing MDs from abroad with questionable training when we have highly trained D.O.s from US schools who take the same boards as MDs anyway.

That said, getting the crap sued out of you for a hangnail is not a lot of fun, nor is begging Medicare and Medicaid for reimbursement.

Attorneys however, do not have to do any of these things, and are much less regulated than doctors. And they get paid much more by the government for their services.

Time for some serious tort reform.

ShoshTrvls is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootsywannabe View Post
    Well hopefully the harmonization of the match process between M.D.s and D.O.s in 2015 will help. There's no reason to have a "doctor shortage" and be importing MDs from abroad with questionable training when we have highly trained D.O.s from US schools who take the same boards as MDs anyway.

That said, getting the crap sued out of you for a hangnail is not a lot of fun, nor is begging Medicare and Medicaid for reimbursement.

Attorneys however, do not have to do any of these things, and are much less regulated than doctors. And they get paid much more by the government for their services.

Time for some serious tort reform.
    Hmmm, could you let me know where I can pick up my government check?

(Translation: government attorneys get paid a pittance compared to attorneys in private practice and in many cases work much harder. In addition, "tort reform" would have no impact on government attorneys. However, it will ensure that if you get hit by a bus, you'll have a much smaller selection of attorneys willing to take your case. And if you aren't permanently disfigured and unable to work ever work again at your high-paying job, you'll probably find zero lawyers to take your case).

OldMama is offline Senior Member

The CVS clinics are great. I've gone twice in the last year when I got a nasty earache on a Sunday and had what I thought might be strep throat last Christmas Eve. No waiting either time, they took my insurance (I pay my own), and entered everything on my electronic chart. Got meds for the earache, didn't need them for the throat since itcwasn't steep. My own doctor saw the visits on my chart and said she thought the clinics
    Are great. I would surely have gone to the ER for one or both ailments but I didn'tvhave to. I also got my flu shot there this year. Best of all, they are a far more pleasant experience than any ER.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShoshTrvls View Post
    Hmmm, could you let me know where I can pick up my government check?

(Translation: government attorneys get paid a pittance compared to attorneys in private practice and in many cases work much harder.)
    Does this mean that attorneys will need to actually work in order to get paid?

Templeton is offline Senior Member

Seems like deciding to punish your employees because your candidate didn't win/you don't get your way wasn't such a good idea.

Darden Won't Cut Full-Time Employees - WSJ.com