Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1. #1
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default The Life of Julia - Govt Dependency From Cradle to Grave


  2. #2
    Politburo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Indeed. We all know that going to college, getting a job, later starting your own business, and retiring on social security that you contributed to for 40+ years is the epitome of government dependency.

  3. #3
    FKD19124 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Plymouth Meeting.
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    "Govt Dependency From Cradle to Grave "

    and its a wonder how millions of us turned out the way we did without the government wiping our azz's from cradle to grave.


    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post

  4. #4
    FKD19124 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Plymouth Meeting.
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    only if you are a minority.
    white men need not apply.


    Quote Originally Posted by Politburo View Post
    Indeed. We all know that going to college, getting a job, later starting your own business, and retiring on social security that you contributed to for 40+ years is the epitome of government dependency.

  5. #5
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
    only if you are a minority.
    white men need not apply.
    FDK, r u still sitting in the garage spraying all the black ants with a water hose?

  6. #6
    seand is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West Philadelphia
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    Its hard to imagine a more effective Obama campaign ad than this thread, taken as a whole.

  7. #7
    phillycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    fairmount
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Its hard to imagine a more effective Obama campaign ad than this thread, taken as a whole.
    what crank are they smoking that this is "being taken care of from cradle to grave?"

    this is a person who goes to school, gets a job, plans her family, sends her kids to school, starts a business, creates jobs, and retires to an active, healthy seniorhood of giving back to the community, making way for the next generation. EARNING MONEY AND PAYING TAXES ALL THE WAY. This is what makes for the stable, consuming middle class that capitalism and democracy requires.

    I suppose it would be fairer if she was engaged in a Darwinian death struggle her whole life, just because she wasn't born rich like Mittens?

    A decade of Fox News propaganda has really made a certain group of Americans stupider and more mean-spirited than I would have ever thought possible.

  8. #8
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politburo View Post
    Indeed. We all know that going to college, getting a job, later starting your own business, and retiring on social security that you contributed to for 40+ years is the epitome of government dependency.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillycat View Post
    what crank are they smoking that this is "being taken care of from cradle to grave?"

    this is a person who goes to school, gets a job, plans her family, sends her kids to school, starts a business, creates jobs, and retires to an active, healthy seniorhood of giving back to the community, making way for the next generation. EARNING MONEY AND PAYING TAXES ALL THE WAY. This is what makes for the stable, consuming middle class that capitalism and democracy requires.

    I suppose it would be fairer if she was engaged in a Darwinian death struggle her whole life, just because she wasn't born rich like Mittens?

    A decade of Fox News propaganda has really made a certain group of Americans stupider and more mean-spirited than I would have ever thought possible.
    Because according to Obama none of it would be possible without government programs and all the 'free' stuff he gives you with said programs.

    Capiche paisanos?

  9. #9
    dogoagogo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post
    Because according to Obama none of it would be possible without government programs and all the 'free' stuff he gives you with said programs.

    Capiche paisanos?
    I would love to see where all this free stuff is for women business owners. I've been searching for years and the only "free" thing I've found to help me survive is my own labor.

  10. #10
    Politburo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post
    Because according to Obama none of it would be possible without government programs and all the 'free' stuff he gives you with said programs.
    The word "free" does not appear in any of the slides.

  11. #11
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politburo View Post
    The word "free" does not appear in any of the slides.
    "Under President Obama: Julia decides to have a child. Throughout her pregnancy, she benefits from maternal checkups, prenatal care, and free screenings under health care reform." - but i digress

    So all these govt programs in the slides don’t cost money?
    Money we don’t and will never have I may add

    Other things that don’t appear in the slides:

    Age 3: Under 3 years of Obama, Julias share of the national debt increase approx $16K

    Age 17: Race to the top has been funded by more debt that she will have to pay back and the public indoctrination facilities known as public schools, are funded by the confiscation of her parents wealth via income and property taxes

    Age 18: This tax credit magically came out of thin air and her cost of college is so astronomical and costs out of reach. To pay for her tuition she will be indebted again, to the federal govt, on top of her piece of the national debt.

    Age 22: She is not only on her parents HCare until 28, she lives with her parents to the age of 35 b/ there are no jobs available to college graduates.

    Etc,etc,etc …
    Last edited by NickTheCage; 05-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.

  12. #12
    jdhill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Politburo View Post
    The word "free" does not appear in any of the slides.
    Nor does an explanation for where the funding for expanding feel-good social welfare programs will come from. But that's ok, as the debacle with the Philadelphia School District budget proves, as long as the intention is good, we need never pay the bills, right?

  13. #13
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdhill View Post
    Nor does an explanation for where the funding for expanding feel-good social welfare programs will come from. But that's ok, as the debacle with the Philadelphia School District budget proves, as long as the intention is good, we need never pay the bills, right?
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogoagogo View Post
    I would love to see where all this free stuff is for women business owners. I've been searching for years and the only "free" thing I've found to help me survive is my own labor.


    Notice how they forget to include the fact that your labor will be taxed even more to pay for all of the Julia's!

  15. #15
    seand is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West Philadelphia
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood 2000 View Post
    Notice how they forget to include the fact that your labor will be taxed even more to pay for all of the Julia's!
    All of the Julias are taxed exactly as much as they vote to support being taxed to pay for themselves you mean. Its not like you and I are not Julia's. We are.

  16. #16
    FKD19124 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Plymouth Meeting.
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    nah! got ortho spray for that! ;-)


    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post
    FDK, r u still sitting in the garage spraying all the black ants with a water hose?

  17. #17
    FKD19124 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Plymouth Meeting.
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    maybe it would be more impressive if "julia" did not have to lean on the government crutch.

    Quote Originally Posted by phillycat View Post
    what crank are they smoking that this is "being taken care of from cradle to grave?"

    this is a person who goes to school, gets a job, plans her family, sends her kids to school, starts a business, creates jobs, and retires to an active, healthy seniorhood of giving back to the community, making way for the next generation. EARNING MONEY AND PAYING TAXES ALL THE WAY. This is what makes for the stable, consuming middle class that capitalism and democracy requires.

    I suppose it would be fairer if she was engaged in a Darwinian death struggle her whole life, just because she wasn't born rich like Mittens?

    A decade of Fox News propaganda has really made a certain group of Americans stupider and more mean-spirited than I would have ever thought possible.

  18. #18
    NickTheCage is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood 2000 View Post
    Notice how they forget to include the fact that your labor will be taxed even more to pay for all of the Julia's!
    Maybe Obama thinks we all named our daughters Julia

    Who the frack is Julia, why is Obama patronizing her and why are we subsidizing her entire life?

  19. #19
    seand is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West Philadelphia
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    We are subsidizing are own lives because buying the "general welfare" mandated in the Constitution is often best purchased with a national group discount.

  20. #20
    phillycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    fairmount
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post
    Because according to Obama none of it would be possible without government programs and all the 'free' stuff he gives you with said programs.

    Capiche paisanos?

    paying back student loans is free? social security that you pay into all your life is free? working women paying taxes are leaning on the government crutch?

    you know what really costs society money? Unhealthy, uneducated people who can't work. Making sure people have the opportunity for decent healthcare and education GENERATES money for the economy and SAVES on government spending on, oh, say, prisons. This simple concept really seems too much for some to grasp.

    Although clearly there are some mentally unhealthy and deeply uneducated people on this board, so it does seem there are some being left out.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2