Register
+ Reply to Thread
    beery is offline Junior Member

Default Problems with Inquirer delivery in MYK

I subscribe to the Phila Inquirer on Sundays only. The last few weeks I've had either completely missing paper or an incomplete paper. The delivery person said he delivers it and someone must be stealing my paper and suggested it was college kids that live in the neighborhood. Has anyone had a similar experience?

DavidT is offline Senior Member

I subscribed to the Inquirer (fri/sat/sun) editions when I first moved here about a year and half ago.

Every week at least 2 of the 3 days there was an issue. If I'd call it in, the promised replacement copy had a 50% chance of showing up.

After the 5th or 6th week I canceled, they didn't care, weren't able or willing to help. Got tired of having to call and get pissed off on a regular basis.

I would love to get a weekend paper delivered, but apparently it's just not a realistic expectation.

caL
    caL is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by beery View Post
    I subscribe to the Phila Inquirer on Sundays only. The last few weeks I've had either completely missing paper or an incomplete paper. The delivery person said he delivers it and someone must be stealing my paper and suggested it was college kids that live in the neighborhood. Has anyone had a similar experience?
    How early do you get up in the morning? Hard to believe college kids are hopping out of bed Sunday morning to sit down and read the paper. But I guess you could test it by getting up really early next week.

Knobcrick is offline Member

We get the paper delivered on the weekends and its taken me 3 separate calls to the paper people to get them to toss the paper on my porch and not leave it outside the gate.

Phillyblob is offline Member

Yes. I've had a problem with a neighbor stealing my newspaper.
    I asked the delivery person if he could leave the paper in between my doors. He does and I haven't had a problem since.

OldMama is offline Senior Member

I live in Roxborough and I've been really pleased with the deliveryperson we've had for less than a year. No matter what the weather, the paper is on my porch at 6- and it's on the porch, not the sidewalk. If you have the same deliveryperson (Derrick Boggs), then the problem is likely stolen papers rather than poor service.

NEastPhilly is offline ne phila online

I've had similar issues. For the first 6 months, had no problem with my Sunday subscription, suddenly had to call every month or so to sort something out.

An outside company handles the deliveries. So far, I've had an entire month tacked onto the subscription, and recently asked for money back. At one point, I spoke directly with the delivery person, who apparently gets in trouble when you report a missing paper.

No one is stealing your paper, it's just not being delivered.
    ---
    NEastPhilly.com
    twitter.com/neastphilly

NickleDimer is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NEastPhilly View Post
    I've had similar issues. For the first 6 months, had no problem with my Sunday subscription, suddenly had to call every month or so to sort something out.

An outside company handles the deliveries. So far, I've had an entire month tacked onto the subscription, and recently asked for money back. At one point, I spoke directly with the delivery person, who apparently gets in trouble when you report a missing paper.

No one is stealing your paper, it's just not being delivered.
    I doubt most college kids have read a hard copy of a newspaper in the last 5 years much less gone out of their way to steal one. Be careful not to blame EVERY neighborhood problem on them just because it is convenient.

charliesangel is offline Junior Member

I get the paper on Sat/Sun and I very rarely have a problem. Whenever I have been missing a paper, they always have gotten it to me that same day. Overall I am pleased.

stonefly is offline Plecoptera

Quote Originally Posted by NEastPhilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    Every week at least 2 of the 3 days there was an issue. If I'd call it in, the promised replacement copy had a 50% chance of showing up.

After the 5th or 6th week I canceled, they didn't care, weren't able or willing to help. Got tired of having to call and get pissed off on a regular basis.
    I had similar bad experiences with my Sunday only delivery and ended up cancelling. It is not worth the hassle of having to call every other weekend.

Debbie1125 is offline Senior Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had the people next door steal my newspaper. They were not college kids either, it was a moron family. Since they moved, no more problems with missing newspapers.

NEastPhilly is offline ne phila online

has anyone had problems with Philly mag deliveries? My last four issues only came after I called to say they hadn't been delivered. I was told they can be mailed up to two weeks after the issue hits newsstands.

I was also told they get shipped in bulk by zipcode, and it's basically out of their hands if I don't receive it.
    ---
    NEastPhilly.com
    twitter.com/neastphilly