Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foodery Survey

canunez is offline Junior Member

Default Foodery Survey

I have been posting all of the Tastings for the Foodery and will continue to do so. But I have a few questions for all of you. Really a "forecast" of who is interested in the possible events.

In other words, I am hoping to contact a bunch of brewing companies ( Dogfish, Victory, etc ) and have them possibly have events at the Foodery.
    For example, a brewer from Dogfish to explain each beer and how it's made.

So here are the questions.
    Would this interest you?
    Would you come out to the Foodery for this?
    Would you pay a cover? $15.00? $20.00?

I plan on getting a forecast (guests, food planning, drink specials for the night and the special guest ) and taking it to the owner/manager for approval and proceed from there.

Please place all comments here.

Looking forward to your feedback.

lexrex is offline dumpster diver

Default My answers are the same for each question (more)

Quote Originally Posted by canunez View Post
    I have been posting all of the Tastings for the Foodery and will continue to do so. But I have a few questions for all of you. Really a "forecast" of who is interested in the possible events.

In other words, I am hoping to contact a bunch of brewing companies ( Dogfish, Victory, etc ) and have them possibly have events at the Foodery.
    For example, a brewer from Dogfish to explain each beer and how it's made.

So here are the questions.
    Would this interest you?
    Would you come out to the Foodery for this?
    Would you pay a cover? $15.00? $20.00?

I plan on getting a forecast (guests, food planning, drink specials for the night and the special guest ) and taking it to the owner/manager for approval and proceed from there.

Please place all comments here.

Looking forward to your feedback.
    "Definitely Maybe." More as a matter of my scheduling than anything else. But I do know a number of people not on this forum who would be very interested.

eastfallsglass is offline Junior Member

I'm not sure this forum is the best place for doing a market research survey. Your business is a great addition to the neighborhood, and I appreciate the announcements of coming events, but it seems like this sort of polling would be better conducted via your mailing/email list, on your Facebook page, or using other (more targeted) social media.

OHenry Heiress is offline Junior Member

I would definitly be interested in this but I would only pay a cover if something was outright included, not just for a brewery demo and drink special. Maybe even something as small as samples. But I think it's a great idea. A lot of people have a favorite brewery.

canunez is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback so far. Actually I am not the owner or manager. I am a part time employee there and thought of ways to have events. I suggested them all to the high ups, but they want some rough numbers to see if it's viable.

Yes, I agree this isn't the best place for a market research study, but this is all I have, for now.
    Keep them coming, the more people responding the more of a chance of something happening.

BruceBox is offline Junior Member

Special events are always good, but I agree with OHenry Heiress that you would need to include something to make a $15-$20 cover worthwhile. I also think you'd likely need to have more free regular events to build attendance/an audience before charging a cover for that much.

chwuny is offline Junior Member

Free tastings tonight (1/17) with Troegs and tomorrow (1/18) with Victory. Just ask the reps at the free tastings any question and I am sure they will try to provide the answer. Not sure what one could receive with the cover that isn't already offered at a beer tasting. Aren't the breweries trying to build their brand recognition and audience at the tastings and answer questions, so why would you want to charge for this experience and create resistance for the consumer?

Pitt is online now Senior Member

I'd be very interested in events that featured take out food from the area. Having events with Lenny's Home Plate, Angelina & Josephine's, the soul food place on Germantown Ave, etc would prove mutually beneficial.

Rector1011 is offline Junior Member

I think the Foodery is a great addition to Ridge. We stopped in this weekend and picked out a six pack from the great selection of beers. Noticed people hanging out in the tables in the front but since we had a child with us could not do the same. Please think about providing child seats/high chairs. I didn't see any available.

magatoni is offline Senior Member

I'd be interested and so would 6 or 7 other people I know in the area. I agree about the child seats. I also agree that there would have to be value in a $20 cover. Lastly, local food, in addition to your food would really hit home. Good luck! (also play some cool music over the sound system...I think it would go a long way for creating a nice atmosphere)

sullivjo is offline Member

A $20 cover is a bit pricey and would definitely have to include something really special. You have to figure going to the movies for 2 people is about $30 for 2 hours of "entertainment." I think $15 is a better cover price in Roxborough. I also think the best aspect of the Foodery is ordering sandwiches and then picking out 1 or 2 really unique beers to go with it. I don't think we will be able to make frequent "make your own six pack" purchases at the Foodery, considering we go to Whole Foods and Wegmans quite frequently, where a make your own six pack is about $12 vs the $17 we paid at the Foodery. All that said, we are very excited to have the Foodery only 2 blocks from our house!

Oh, weird addition...we have been looking for farm fresh milk delivery, which we could get when we lived in Massachusetts. Besides driving to Weaver's Way Co-op in Mt. Airy, there is no farm fresh milk in Roxborough or Manayunk. One example of the product we would be looking for is:Trickling Springs Creamery: Home
    We saw you had some grocery items, but all the grocery items you were selling I can get at ShopRite for cheaper, like Chobani Yogurt. Selling some unique whole food type products would be very appealing, especially to suffice until the Roxborough/Manayunk Co-op is developed, which could be 5 years from now.

sullivjo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by magatoni View Post
    I'd be interested and so would 6 or 7 other people I know in the area. I agree about the child seats. I also agree that there would have to be value in a $20 cover. Lastly, local food, in addition to your food would really hit home. Good luck! (also play some cool music over the sound system...I think it would go a long way for creating a nice atmosphere)
    Good call with the music!

nmfong is offline Junior Member

I'm somewhat interested, but I'm more likely to come to one of the smaller tastings for a specific brewer I'm interested in trying. Like the ones you're doing now, but perhaps with smaller or newer breweries (don't get me wrong, Victory brews great beer, but I've had enough that a sample isn't going to prompt me to make an extra trip to the store).