Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verizon scam

56MARKET is offline Member

Default Verizon scam

For the last week,I have gotten at least 8 cell/land line calls and Emails from Verizon claiming that I had scheduled a visit from their repair guys or that there were service problems on my street and they needed to come out to check the lines.I talked to one of my buddies who works at Verizon.What they are trying to do is get an opportunity to sell you FIOS.
    I have heard very good things about FIOS but resent the way Verizon is trying to push it.

Bixbyte is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56MARKET View Post
    For the last week,I have gotten at least 8 cell/land line calls and Emails from Verizon claiming that I had scheduled a visit from their repair guys or that there were service problems on my street and they needed to come out to check the lines.I talked to one of my buddies who works at Verizon.What they are trying to do is get an opportunity to sell you FIOS.
    I have heard very good things about FIOS but resent the way Verizon is trying to push it.

Comcast is the biggest rip off in the world.
    They are losing their subscribers left and right to VZ all over the State.
    Read over the VZ financial and see they added so many new subscribers they are hurting Comcast.
    Read Comcast offers they always hook you for 6 months with a low price and free HBO and no actual details of the services offered (like net speed) and then rip you off monthly for 18 months with prices that are double or triple VZ.
    PLUS comcast lies in their TV ads and claim they are faster than VZ. (Biggest lie in the world)
    Yes, Verizon is scamming you?
    You must work for Comcast?
    I am a pissed off Old Dinosaur.

56MARKET is offline Member

I neither work for Comcast nor do I have cable,genius!

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Yeah Verizon and Comcast are both evil. But I still stand by my front door every night waiting for the FIOS salespeople to come by so I can throw my money at them. My Comcast on demand stops working at least once a month, requiring me to power cycle my cable box. My router stops working at least twice a month, requiring me to power cycle the router. Customer service is useless, and if I want to do something about it I have to go to their office during business hours to swap the equipment. All that and they jack my rates every year so I have to call them and ask to have them reduced, which is never to where they were before, but I have to grin and bear it unless I'm willing to deal with an ugly dish on my house and slow as molasses DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    Yeah Verizon and Comcast are both evil. But I still stand by my front door every night waiting for the FIOS salespeople to come by so I can throw my money at them. My Comcast on demand stops working at least once a month, requiring me to power cycle my cable box. My router stops working at least twice a month, requiring me to power cycle the router. Customer service is useless, and if I want to do something about it I have to go to their office during business hours to swap the equipment. All that and they jack my rates every year so I have to call them and ask to have them reduced, which is never to where they were before, but I have to grin and bear it unless I'm willing to deal with an ugly dish on my house and slow as molasses DSL.

The Rude way to handle Comcast is cancel service when your contract expires and be without service for a couple days.
    Then call the rips and sign up for the BS "Deal"
    The Dish is the best deal. Unsightly but the best bang for the buck.

feetmonkey is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    We only have internet with them, so I really enjoy when I call them asking to be on a promo rate. I want to end the call paying less than I am at the beginning of the call, right? They will suggest bundling services and quote me something that's HIGHER than I'm currently paying. That's not really a good way to save money, guys. I'll be interested to see what FIOS does for us.

RittenhouseGirl is offline Senior Member

Oh don't get me started on Verizon. I hate Verizon with a passion. They try to give you all kinds of deals over the phone to keep you as a cell phone customer, but then they send you new bills with unrelated, unagreed-upon charges instead of coming through with the promised package.

It took four months of billing cycles for them to get the deal right. I had to yell my way through most phone conversations with them. At the end of this year when our contract is up (in a few days), we are canning Verizon completely.

A number of things they did was "sneak" in a $100 charge for a new phone plan we didn't ask for, and add a new two-year contract without our permission. I should have just used an attorney.

The best thing we ever did was get rid of our money-sucking Droid phones and plans. When did it start making sense to pay $300 a month for a phone bill?

My husband and I will be getting two non-contract phones from another company as well as keeping a house line. I have leftover issues as well from Verizon from my own account before I was married.

Comcast is another SOB I was happy to sack. They actually get adversarial with customers and routinely lie to them. I also did business-to-business work with Comcast and they are rotten on the inside as well. It is not a happy company to work for and they treat each other like scum as well. They are the devil.

Screw you, Comcast and Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenhouseGirl View Post
    Oh don't get me started on Verizon. I hate Verizon with a passion. They try to give you all kinds of deals over the phone to keep you as a cell phone customer, but then they send you new bills with unrelated, unagreed-upon charges instead of coming through with the promised package.

It took four months of billing cycles for them to get the deal right. I had to yell my way through most phone conversations with them. At the end of this year when our contract is up (in a few days), we are canning Verizon completely.

A number of things they did was "sneak" in a $100 charge for a new phone plan we didn't ask for, and add a new two-year contract without our permission. I should have just used an attorney.

The best thing we ever did was get rid of our money-sucking Droid phones and plans. When did it start making sense to pay $300 a month for a phone bill?

My husband and I will be getting two non-contract phones from another company as well as keeping a house line. I have leftover issues as well from Verizon from my own account before I was married.

Comcast is another SOB I was happy to sack. They actually get adversarial with customers and routinely lie to them. I also did business-to-business work with Comcast and they are rotten on the inside as well. It is not a happy company to work for and they treat each other like scum as well. They are the devil.

Screw you, Comcast and Verizon.

What is the Difference between Comcast and a Cat Fish??

A: One is Bottom feeding, scum sucking, turd eater and the other one is a CAT Fish.

RittenhouseGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bixbyte View Post

What is the Difference between Comcast and a Cat Fish??

A: One is Bottom feeding, scum sucking, turd eater and the other one is a CAT Fish.
    Sounds about right to me, Bix!