Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    scottpeezy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry19127 View Post
    Financing is in place & construction has started. Good
    Jerry - Can you confirm that it is Planet Fitness that is going into that location? If so, who did you confirm this with? Do you know an estimated date of completion for the project?

I think Planet Fitness will be a great addition to the Ridge!
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” - Maria Robinson

56MARKET is offline Member

Planet Fitness is going into that location.The Developers/Operators met with the Central Roxborough Civic Association at least 6 months ago to get their blessing for the project.

Dragonboater217 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56MARKET View Post
    Planet Fitness is going into that location.The Developers/Operators met with the Central Roxborough Civic Association at least 6 months ago to get their blessing for the project.
    Sweeeeeeeet. Now they just need to get started on the KFC so I can grab a handy post-workout meal when PF's not giving away pizza for free on Mondays.

Does anyone know when Planet Fitness on Ridge is planning on opening for business?
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” - Maria Robinson

sullivjo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottpeezy View Post
    Does anyone know when Planet Fitness on Ridge is planning on opening for business?
    Yeah, my husband keeps saying he'll lose fifty pounds...he's just waiting for the Planet Fitness! haha...Seriously though...I don't need a pool, summer camp, and racquet ball....just $10 a month to use their machines.

Freckles is offline Senior Member

I was under the impression they'd be using the existing car dealership building, but they're tearing it down. Anyone have information on what the new building will look like?

Phillyteach is offline Junior Member

Default parking concerns

Speaking as a homeowner on the first block on Ripka Street, I view this gym addition as both a blessing and a curse. I'm very happy to see the abandoned building go as well as happy to see an affordable gym go in that space. However, due to the cheap membership pricing, one can safely assume that during peak hours (like after work), the majority of members will be working out. Will there be enough parking spaces? Or will the overflow land on my street, making it difficult to find a space when I get home from work? That is my only concern.

That's living in the city Phillyteach. I'd say that compared to other neighborhoods you have it pretty good with parking. You will definitely see some overflow but I think they have enough room for a pretty sizable parking lot. Planet Fitness is a fantastic addition to that end of the Ridge. I will be riding my bike to work out there, so that's one less car.

I want to know when the gym will be opening? I took my layer of winter fat to whole new levels!

Default parking concerns

Speaking as a homeowner on the first block on Ripka Street, I view this gym addition as both a blessing and a curse. I'm very happy to see the abandoned building go as well as happy to see an affordable gym go in that space. However, due to the cheap membership pricing, one can safely assume that during peak hours (like after work), the majority of members will be working out. Will there be enough parking spaces? Or will the overflow land on my street, making it difficult to find a space when I get home from work? That is my only concern.

why did you post the same thing twice?

Sorry for the double post! Rookie mistake!

sullivjo is offline Member

It depends on how big the building is, which is why I'm surprised there haven't been plans of the proposed development posted on the Patch or something like that. I've been to Planet Fitness gyms that were pretty small and would leave plenty of parking in that space.

MBG
    MBG is offline Junior Member

Planet Fitness doesn't normally offer classes - hence $10/month. It is a franchise, some have tried to add classes, not sure if this one will have them or not? But is it not their normal format. They generally don't have dumbbells that go over 60lbs, and yes there is a "no weight" dropping policy, which doesn't go over well with anyone looking to body build. It is not the best place for serious training, but it is good for people who just want to stay healthy and in shape walking on treadmills and such.

Hypebeast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyteach View Post
    I always marvel at people who bitch about parking when they could have ponied up for a property with offstreet or a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    I was under the impression they'd be using the existing car dealership building, but they're tearing it down. Anyone have information on what the new building will look like?
    Like a Planet Fitness...

OldMama is offline Senior Member

There's a big difference between moving next to a gym and complaining about parking and having a gym move next to you and complaining. It's a legitimate concern on that block but the Golden lot is so big, I'd hope there are lots of spaces.

Debbie1125 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldMama View Post
    There's a big difference between moving next to a gym and complaining about parking and having a gym move next to you and complaining. It's a legitimate concern on that block but the Golden lot is so big, I'd hope there are lots of spaces.
    I just hope they don't tear down any more homes on that block of Leverington to make room for a bigger parking lot. Golden did that very thing so they could have a bigger space to put their cars.

Any update on estimated completion?

When I wrote that post months ago, I was concerned because I had a newborn baby girl and getting her in and out of the house is a struggle when you have to park far away, especially in winter. I can't afford a garage. When I first bought the home, I did research the parking situation and found it to be reasonably good. That was one of the reasons I bought it.

Please, I'm asking you to think before posting mean things.

GrillMatic is offline Junior Member

Could not be happier about this. LA fitness in Andorra is too far and too crowded on City Ave.

Just noticed they have the website up for PF Rox, although it pretty much just says 'coming soon'. It does say they are having presale hours, I believe on site. I left a VM at the number listed to get more details on when they plan to open and pricing.