Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Default Stanley's Hardware Zoning Notice.

I went pass to day and saw the orange paper in the window, I tried to read it but it was long, I'll try and get a picture tomorrow.

Stanley's Hardware is on Ridge Ave:

Stanley's Hardware
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

magatoni is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    I went pass to day and saw the orange paper in the window, I tried to read it but it was long, I'll try and get a picture tomorrow.

Stanley's Hardware is on Ridge Ave:

Stanley's Hardware
    This must be the long awaited expansion...should be big, in the works for years as they own the adjacent home
    mini lowes coming to the neighborhood..they always did have the best customer service

Malloy is offline Administrator

Agreed. I hope they stock more stuff so I NEVER have to go to Lowes or HD. I think they need to step up the kitchen and bath stuff...toilet seats, faucets etc. I know that is probably high cost low turn inventory, but the big boxes seem to sell it. There are no other places to go for nice toilet seats faucets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by magatoni View Post
    This must be the long awaited expansion...should be big, in the works for years as they own the adjacent home
    mini lowes coming to the neighborhood..they always did have the best customer service
    Like PS on Facebook!

Mike D is offline Senior Member

Hope it goes through fine. They are fantastic there!

Userfriend is offline Member

They are indeed the nicest people to deal with. They are helpful to everyone. Plus, I've NEVER gone in there for anything that I have not found. As small as the store is, they seem to have EVERYTHING.

burnembrndn is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Userfriend View Post
    They are indeed the nicest people to deal with. They are helpful to everyone. Plus, I've NEVER gone in there for anything that I have not found. As small as the store is, they seem to have EVERYTHING.
    Ditto. Great place. The slightly higher prices are well worth it for the service and convenience of not having to drive all the way to one of the big box stores.

I got it, but it gave me a headache trying to figure it out still:

Valley Twin is offline Chief Curmudgeon

So it's currently six lots? Sounds like they're combining them so that they can have the existing home on one lot and demolish everything else and rebuild.

taxgirl is offline Senior Member

I understand the politics (and the crazy that is the owner at the former "assisted living" spot) but I would prefer to see all of the existing homes remain and the expansion move up the Ridge. Are we to assume that the lots in question are only those going down the hill towards the new bank?
    taxgirl
    Visit my taxgirl blog for Forbes.
    Because paying taxes is painful... but reading about them shouldn't be.

I don't think so, I think the lots are behind the store as the mention of Markle St, which goes through the parking lot:

jcinstitutes is offline Junior Member

This is one of the best hardware stores in the City. Looking at the above aerial photo, it looks like expansion will probably improve the block. But, this zoning notice is hard to follow. It would be good to see a site plan so we know what goes where.

Lollyblogger is offline Member

Great store and great alternative to the BIG BOX. Nice to get that boarded-up eyesore and its attendant bad memories out of our 'hood.

billy ross is offline Senior Member

Years ago I heard that the plan was to leave the present store and demolish the houses adjacent (i.e. closer to the Custard Stand) for the expansion. I don't know whether it's still the same, though.

Debbie1125 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post
    Years ago I heard that the plan was to leave the present store and demolish the houses adjacent (i.e. closer to the Custard Stand) for the expansion. I don't know whether it's still the same, though.
    I hope this isn't the case. I would hate to see more homes demolished.

BTC
    BTC is offline Junior Member

It is hard to determine which direction the construction will go. The language is sort of vague. I live on the 500 block of Seville St. and we had one of those orange signs posted next to our property because Stanleys owns an empty lot on the street. I believe the empty lot is part of the property located BEHIND the current store (not featured in that overhead shot - you can see a small bit of the yard above that long stretch of white storage spaces). Also, I don't think Stanleys owns that Nursing Home property. Unless they recently purchased it from that awful woman on the Main Line who owned it when those horrible stories came out last year.

Speedy Creek is offline Junior Member

I hope they expand their hours as well. I like Stanley's but since they close at 6PM I usually have to go up to Lowes.

Well this is what you call an upgrade:

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    Well this is what you call an upgrade:
    Not that the existing store is a beauty, but jeez, what a drag. Is that supposed to be the street-facing facade? That stretch of Ridge from Stanley's going north several blocks is pretty unenticing to pedestrians to begin with. A big brick bunker styled building isn't going to help that one bit.

mm230 is offline Member

I hope they add a garden center with some plants & flowers etc. I always end up going to lowes or home depot for that stuff. I would so much rather go to Stanley's for all of that. I wish them well with the expansion!

Malloy is offline Administrator

What's wrong with brick? How would you do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    Not that the existing store is a beauty, but jeez, what a drag. Is that supposed to be the street-facing facade? That stretch of Ridge from Stanley's going north several blocks is pretty unenticing to pedestrians to begin with. A big brick bunker styled building isn't going to help that one bit.
    Like PS on Facebook!