Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Naveen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Creek View Post
    I hope they expand their hours as well. I like Stanley's but since they close at 6PM I usually have to go up to Lowes.
    +1. This is my only major complaint about them.

DavidT is offline Senior Member

The picture is not of the facade facing the street, it's the part that will face the parking area.

Meann is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mm230 View Post
    I hope they add a garden center with some plants & flowers etc. I always end up going to lowes or home depot for that stuff. I would so much rather go to Stanley's for all of that. I wish them well with the expansion!
    Stanley's is fantastic for hardware ... never been disappointed, and I'll go there again and again. And when I was on the Board of Trustees for the church, they were saint-like in their patience with our dithering. But for garden supplies, try Secret Garden up Ridge by the beer distributor.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    The picture is not of the facade facing the street, it's the part that will face the parking area.
    I kinda guess that..no way they lose their king spaces, especially when the zoning said there would be 32 spots at the new place...
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    What's wrong with brick? How would you do it ?
    I was hoping that wasn't the street facing facade, and as another poster pointed out, it isn't. It's sort of big box/fortress-like. I'm not complaining about brick as a material, just that had that been street-side it's just a big boring unbroken plane of it.

Sadly, it looks liek the houses were the location on the new store:

and gone in two days

Naveen is offline Senior Member

So what will the facade facing the street looked like when all is said and done?

I have no idea. going by the render, Ridge Ave is on the far right of the image(The cube next to the tiny windows), so it could be a brick wall or another entrence...

So it looks like the new store WON'T be at the sidewalk, as the houses have been replace with parking:

5n4k3 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    So it looks like the new store WON'T be at the sidewalk, as the houses have been replace with parking:
    Bricks, mortar and memories as Stanley's expansion gets underway

"The new building will have the wide, low profile and brick facade, but will sit perpendicular to Ridge Avenue, lessening its impact along the street. A temporary parking lot will be set up where the houses and garages were, while the new store is built, Jaconski said.

Eventually, the temporary lot will become permanent, with a stormwater retention basin beneath. The last part of the project will see the current building demolished."

Like how lessening the impact along the street means parking lot desert along the sidewalk.
    Last edited by mixiboi; 09-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    Like how lessening the impact along the street means park lot desert along the sidewalk.
    Agreed.

Minivanmama is offline Senior Member

I parked across from Stanley's on Wednesday (11/14) while my friend ran into another store. There were 4 guys with cardboard signs around their necks pacing around on the sidewalk, at least two times they wouldn't move to let cars into the driveway. I don't know what kind of protest it was, the writing on their signs was too small.
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Debbie1125 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minivanmama View Post
    I parked across from Stanley's on Wednesday (11/14) while my friend ran into another store. There were 4 guys with cardboard signs around their necks pacing around on the sidewalk, at least two times they wouldn't move to let cars into the driveway. I don't know what kind of protest it was, the writing on their signs was too small.
    Probably union protestors mad that Stanley's isn't using union labor. That happened at Crossroads a few years ago. They didn't like the fact that the owner was doing his own renovations on the building.

Rach013 is offline Member

I am the first to admit that I am the stereotypical clueless girl when it comes to tools /building/renovations, anything a hardware store carries. Whenever I go to Lowes/Home Depot I feel lost and like I am in a foreign country, and rarely get the help I need. I have made a few stops at Stanley's, and every time they have been incredibly welcoming and kind, and very helpful. I have gone in there with the WEIRDest requests and no idea what I was doing, and was never treated like I was crazy haha, and always left with exactly what I needed.

When I first saw signs of construction around the store I was scared it was closing, I am so happy to hear they are successful and expanding. I wish them all the luck

RollinRox is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minivanmama View Post
    Yep, they are union guys. Roofers I think. I just went to Stanley's about an hour ago, and they would not let me enter the parking lot. One of them even walked into the front of my car as I attempted to squeeze by them. I had to park on the street about a block up. Freakin bullies. I asked one of the Stanely's guys if they could do anything about them, and he said the police will not enforce any laws about blocking the entrance to a business because they are union too! This seems outrageous to me. What about protecting and serving? My take away from this encounter is to go to Stanley's often for every little thing I can so I can walk by these clowns and give them a big F.U. every time.

Even if the police where not union, there is't much they can do about legal protest....

RollinRox is offline Senior Member

I am not sure that blocking entrance to a private business lot qualifies as legal protest.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinRox View Post
    I am not sure that blocking entrance to a private business lot qualifies as legal protest.
    There is a whole debate on that in another thread...But outside of violence(and even that is weird), its not a thing someone will be arrested...