Register
+ Reply to Thread
    raider.adam is offline Senior Member

Default Pennsylvania justices vote Castille out as overseer of Philadelphia courts

Pennsylvania justices vote Castille out as overseer of Philadelphia courts

His colleagues were reportedly outraged that the report was given to The Inquirer and released to the public without their being able to weigh in on deciding whether it should be made public or deemed an internal document. Castille received copies of the report one day before its contents were detailed in the newspaper.
    So let me get this straight. The other supreme court justices voted him out as overseer, not because they had issues with how the courts are being run, but because he made public a report detailing the corruption going on in Philadelphia traffic courts?

Probably safe to say Seamus McCaffery, who is mentioned multiple times in the report for wrong doing, is likely behind that.

Cro Burnham is offline Senior Member

We have the worst of all worlds.

Should Castille be overseeing the Philly courts? Probably not, but not because of the Traffic Court report, which I am thrilled he released: it's great to see the Parochial School mafia (Brady, McCaffery, et al) get embarrassed publicly, not that that ever makes a difference in Philly where politicians have no shame and the majority of people are too stupid to vote or to know whom to vote for. Castille must have really embarrassed them badly to get this demotion.

On the other hand, Castille should have been gone from this position a long time ago based on his total, abject, incompetent mismanagement (possibly worse than incompetence, but we'll never know, will we . . . . move along, nothing to see here) of the Family Court deal with former Obermayer attorney and sleaze-ball extraordinaire Jeff Rottwitt. Given that Castille was the man at the helm on that conflict of interest-ridden scummy backroom deal, one might conclude that he is either a) a total idiot, or b) something much much worse. There isn't really room for a third possibility. In either case, he shouldn't even be in public service anymore, let alone be supervising the courts in Philadelphia.

But it gives little comfort to know that the new guy is probably Shameless McCaffery and Bob Brady's pick.

Why do we elect judges in this state? Our judicial system is like something you'd expect in Uzbekistan, Nigeria, Argentina or something.

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

I can tell you nearly for a fact that Brady exploded when that report came out. Trust me; I know these things.

Yeah, McCaffery didn't need any help though, I'm sure he corralled that vote before it took place.

Both these justices need to go. PA Supremes aren't sectionalized geographically, right? I'd rather have a full slate of rural people on the Court since both Philadelphians on the court bench are bringing just as much shame as Justice Orie has done.

What a fkn disgrace.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
    the Traffic Court report, which I am thrilled he released: it's great to see the Parochial School mafia (Brady, McCaffery, et al) get embarrassed publicly, not that that ever makes a difference in Philly where politicians have no shame and the majority of people are too stupid to vote or to know whom to vote for. Castille must have really embarrassed them badly to get this demotion.
    I'm thrilled he released the report as well, a bono fide FU moment, though not diminishing the Family Court fiasco. Further agree with all of the above, and this recent action by Ron signals he's finally out on his own terms like them or not.

Moving along to more important men other than Ron reveals an Angel Mendez who while serving under him in Vietnam saved his life, but died as a result.

. During the fighting Castille was seriously wounded and fell, unable to move. One of his Marines, Angel Mendez shielded him and then carried him to friendly lines, which were more than seventy-five meters away. During this action Mendez was hit in the shoulder and two of his comrades rushed to help him with Castille but Mendez refused to let go of Castille and chose to act as rear man. Mendez continued to shield his Lieutenant with his own body until he was mortally wounded. For his actions Mendez was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross and promoted to Sergeant.[3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_D._Castille

So anything Castille did for the Commonwealth was due to Angel.
    Last edited by AsYouWere; 01-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Well THIS certainly is an interesting development....

Pileggi moves to abolish Traffic Court

Cro Burnham is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Well THIS certainly is an interesting development....

Pileggi moves to abolish Traffic Court
    Praise be to god, I hope it happens. Not that this will necessarily reduce patronage and corruption, but it'd be worth it just to see the shocked expressions on the faces of those $91K per year (+benefits) crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
    Praise be to god, I hope it happens. Not that this will necessarily reduce patronage and corruption, but it'd be worth it just to see the shocked expressions on the faces of those $91K per year (+benefits) crooks.
    I'm sure Bob Brady's cell phone has been melting since the article was published.

Bixbyte is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raider.adam View Post
    Pennsylvania justices vote Castille out as overseer of Philadelphia courts

So let me get this straight. The other supreme court justices voted him out as overseer, not because they had issues with how the courts are being run, but because he made public a report detailing the corruption going on in Philadelphia traffic courts?

Probably safe to say Seamus McCaffery, who is mentioned multiple times in the report for wrong doing, is likely behind that.
    Republican Majority leaders in Pennsylvania giving Philadelphia's residents the Ram Rod.
    Bunch of incompetent power mongers moving the courts.
    These republican politicians in State of PA are dangerous.
    Getting their grubby hands in the court system.
    That is unconstitutional the separation of the three branches of power.
    This power play is not political it is our constitutional right for a vote to allow these changes.
    Next they will have murderers in the same court rooms as traffic ticket offenders.
    Yes sure there are only honest politicians and Judges in Harrisburg.
    I am a pissed off Old Dinosaur.

Are you sure what you are talking about?

nickster is offline Bootlegger
    Alcatraz, Chicago, Eastern State Penitentiary...

I recall reading that Castille is just one or two years short of age 70--the mandatory age for retirement. He should just fade gently into the sunset. But just wait, I would bet he runs for retention again for an extra year on the Supreme Court. If that happens, I hope the voters pull a "Nigro" on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    I recall reading that Castille is just one or two years short of age 70--the mandatory age for retirement. He should just fade gently into the sunset. But just wait, I would bet he runs for retention again for an extra year on the Supreme Court. If that happens, I hope the voters pull a "Nigro" on him.
    He is running for retention.

nickster is offline Bootlegger
    Alcatraz, Chicago, Eastern State Penitentiary...

He is running for retention.
    Well then. The voters need to make sure he is not retained.

Are you sure what you are talking about?
    Judges have the privilege of being employed as judges for life.
    Supreme Court has screwed our country up with some poor decisions.

The SUPREME COURT decided that Bush was our President.
    Therefore the US Supreme Court overstepped the constitutional rights of voters to elect the president.
    That is unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court's newest mistake is they allowed corporations to make political donations.
    Therefore, Romney was endorsed to run for president by large corporate donations.
    Our country's judicial system is totally screwed up.

Sure allow the state to move traffic court to municipal judges they are much MUCH more honest.
    Being that these municipal Judges have law degrees and are lawyers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bixbyte View Post
    Judges have the privilege of being employed as judges for life.
    Supreme Court has screwed our country up with some poor decisions.

The SUPREME COURT decided that Bush was our President.
    Therefore the US Supreme Court overstepped the constitutional rights of voters to elect the president.
    That is unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court's newest mistake is they allowed corporations to make political donations.
    Therefore, Romney was endorsed to run for president by large corporate donations.
    Our country's judicial system is totally screwed up.

Sure allow the state to move traffic court to municipal judges they are much MUCH more honest.
    Being that these municipal Judges have law degrees and are lawyers!
    What does the federal supreme court have to do with Pennsylvania judges?

What does the federal supreme court have to do with Pennsylvania judges?
    Why bother moving traffic to Municipal?
    Why bother voting when the supreme court can select your president?
    And why should corporations donate money to sway the voters decisions to who should be our president?

All of these have one element in common that is MONEY.
    The state wants to squeeze more money from Philadelphia for traffic offenses.
    The Supreme court selected a retard named Bush for president and he bankrupted the USA.
    The Corporations donate tons of money to Romney and try to screw the country over with these
    Dumb Republicans.

It is just Money and that is what makes the world go round.