Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Robin_H is offline Junior Member

Default Try and attempt to write resume at your own

There is a diverse variety of types of resumes that are being used for wooing the potential employers. Now there are many websites giving you free advice and providing templates to just fill out the blanks and forward it to the employer, but what do you think the employer are oblivious to all this?, what would be their picture of a potential employee? At least not some one who can’t document his own professional history and is unable to write things about himself by himself.

You would experience many online resume writing services and now even resume-writing counselors. Of course they’ll say it’s really a hard work to do especially for a tyro, don’t worry or panic, it’s really easy, and yes I am completely sure that resume writing is actually tame able.

To get things started with your resume writing, you need to get all your documents, certificates and awards in one place, observe them thoroughly; you may find things you dint remember about professional history.

Jot down your skills and achievements and write them beneath a heading. you can write either chronological or functional types of resumes, which means heading are being written in reverse manner; as your most recent events of your professional history comes first, or you can emphasize all your accomplishments and skills, rather than your qualification, respectively.

Objective should be stated at the very first, give your best time to this part of your potentially-winner-of-hearts-of-employers’ resume, work on it to make it extra charming.
    Another important thing, be honest with everything you are listing, because lie take you no where, so write mature, act professionally and speak confidently, I am very absolutely confident you will find a perfect job for yourself, faith is a must.

toxigal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_H View Post

Objective should be stated at the very first, give your best time to this part of your potentially-winner-of-hearts-of-employers’ resume, work on it to make it extra charming.
    Another important thing, be honest with everything you are listing, because lie take you no where, so write mature, act professionally and speak confidently, I am very absolutely confident you will find a perfect job for yourself, faith is a must.
    Do some employers actually want an objective? I just recently started reviewing resumes and i hate objectives. Seriously, if you are applying for a job where i work, i hope your objective is to do the work for which you are applying! In my opinion this could be better covered in the cover letter and is silly on a resume.

BeckyJ is offline Professor Ornery

Given the multiple grammar errors in the original post, the fact that this is post #1....I'm going with spam. Toxi, I agree about the objective part.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. -- B. Banzai

arjay is offline Senior Member

A: Yes, this is probably spam.

B: Objectives on resumes are passe. What's in vogue now is to provide a pithy summary that sells you to your audience and makes the person reading it want to actually read the rest of your resume. Nothing is worse than receiving a resume that starts out:

"Objective: To find a position that will allow me to..."

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJ View Post
    Given the multiple grammar errors in the original post, the fact that this is post #1....I'm going with spam. Toxi, I agree about the objective part.
    i thought spam too but was flumoxed by the lack of link.

loveisnoise is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by toxigal View Post
    i thought spam too but was flumoxed by the lack of link.
    It is a test plug for spam. They flood forums with an innocent looking post, then use google to root out what places their post is still on. They'll then attack those sites with personalized spam that has a link in the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    It is a test plug for spam. They flood forums with an innocent looking post, then use google to root out what places their post is still on. They'll then attack those sites with personalized spam that has a link in the signature.
    good thing i have a job. i'd be a complete failure as a spammer!

good thing i have a job. i'd be a complete failure as a spammer!
    Seeing that spammers make millions a year, I think they have a job as well.

Seeing that spammers make millions a year, I think they have a job as well.
    really? an individual spammer makes 7 figures?

really? an individual spammer makes 7 figures?
    Sometimes more. I'll try to find an article that will amaze you.

This isn't the guy I'm thinking of-but still interesting. This guy made 3mil in one summer on one dirty campaign. That's all they could catch him for.
    King of Spam goes to prison - Nov. 24, 2009

Insoluble is offline Senior Member

Dang, that's actually clever!

This isn't the guy I'm thinking of-but still interesting. This guy made 3mil in one summer on one dirty campaign. That's all they could catch him for.
    King of Spam goes to prison - Nov. 24, 2009
    i need to reconsider my career choice.

joerenij is offline Junior Member

It is true that when you try to attend the writing of resume is good because with that you can get confidence and you know all the things which is in resume.

MarketStEl is offline Will Work for Food, But Prefers Cash
    East Germantown rocks! But watch your back.

Not only spammers, but spammers whose first language is not English.

Wanna bet that a DNS lookup of their locations turns up something with .jp, .cn or .ru in it?
    Sandy Smith, Wanderer in Germantown, Philadelphia
    Editor-in-Chief, Philly Living Blog - but all opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.
    ""Jazz and blogging are both intimate, improvisational, and individual -- but also inherently collective. And the audience talks over both." --Andrew Sullivan, "Why I Blog," The Atlantic, November 2008

OldMama is online now Senior Member

Some posts have to be on here for comic relief; they just have to be.

Bob_Head is offline Immoderat0r

Quote Originally Posted by joerenij View Post
    It is true that when you try to attend the writing of resume is good because with that you can get confidence and you know all the things which is in resume.
    Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine.