Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NickTheCage is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldondre View Post
    it's not up to you either and it's also inaccurate to say it's an austrian economic influence.
    Seand doesn't understand that one could portray Austerity using various economic schools of thought. Maybe itís me but he has yet to explain how what Germany is doing has any "Austrian" aspect to it and/or how this vindicates any economic theory in general?????

Essentially Europe has little to no room for economic expansion as they have regulated and taxed themselves into oblivion. I may be wrong but I canít think of any Austrian economist who would say, in that environment, cutting some govt. expenditures is going to save any European country with such a bad economic foundation.

Maybe it is his strawman to stir up some emotional response about evil economists that must be in bed with the Koch brothers.

Austrian Economics has little, if any influence in policy circles around the globe. What's humorous about this is that a decent fraction of the new keynsian economists with clout endorse Europe's cutting. That is b/the cutting is really a trimming down of an entire economic path that is unsustainable, even they get that. It is not some new venture into some 5th anarcho-capitalist dimension, as the clowns would have you believe.

torts is offline Senior Member

BReynoldsIsBald is offline Couldn't Care Less

I agree. Europe is in just a giant mess.

*SPAIN PM SAYS EUROPE ECONOMY WORST THAN FORECAST THIS YEAR
    *SPAIN PM SAYS ALL EU COUNTRIES ARE REVIEWING GROWTH FORECASTS
    *SPAIN PM SAYS MUST TAKE DIFFICULT DECISIONS FOR COUNTRY'S GOOD
    *SPAIN PM SAYS EU COUNTRIES MUST ACCEPT TO GIVE UP SOVEREIGNTY
    *EU countries’ giving up sovereignty to the bloc is crucial for its future
    Germany could basically/possibly end up with the entire continent of Europe after all. Not by sword but by pen.

Panniculus is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheCage View Post
    Seand doesn't understand that one could portray Austerity using various economic schools of thought. Maybe it’s me but he has yet to explain how what Germany is doing has any "Austrian" aspect to it and/or how this vindicates any economic theory in general?????

Essentially Europe has little to no room for economic expansion as they have regulated and taxed themselves into oblivion. I may be wrong but I can’t think of any Austrian economist who would say, in that environment, cutting some govt. expenditures is going to save any European country with such a bad economic foundation.

Maybe it is his strawman to stir up some emotional response about evil economists that must be in bed with the Koch brothers.

Austrian Economics has little, if any influence in policy circles around the globe. What's humorous about this is that a decent fraction of the new keynsian economists with clout endorse Europe's cutting. That is b/the cutting is really a trimming down of an entire economic path that is unsustainable, even they get that. It is not some new venture into some 5th anarcho-capitalist dimension, as the clowns would have you believe.
    Whatever happened to that guy? He was great.

BReynoldsIsBald is offline Couldn't Care Less

Quote Originally Posted by Panniculus View Post
    Whatever happened to that guy? He was great.
    Where ever Nick is, I'm sure that nitwit Marquis is following him around like a lil puppy dawg trying, yet failing, to keep up with her drivel.

Panniculus is offline Banned

CatDraggedIn is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BReynoldsIsBald View Post

Germany could basically/possibly end up with the entire continent of Europe after all. Not by sword but by pen.

If Germany is smart they'll find a way to let any debts be paid off slowly with little interest if any. Having any country or major political entity owe you too much money has a high probability of ending badly.It's the reason for the saying "Neither a borrower nor a lender be".

RittenhouseGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BReynoldsIsBald View Post

Achieving their plan, only 60 years on.