I think everyone can agree that, if wishes could come true, it would be better to have OBL dead. However the recent event was clearly a complete sham and media circus for at least 5 reasons.
1. Forensics 101: Evidence that was never shown but was rather described on secret almost always never existence to begin with. --> OBL's body.
2. Forensics 101: The presence of faked evidence immediately after an event almost always indicates a premeditated fraud i.e. the event was a sham. --> Two faked photos of a dead OBL that have been circulated, one immediately after the killing.
3. When the mainstream media accepts evidence about someone who is pursued by the federal government, it usually comes from the feds and/or military contractors. The Pentagon is known for its lack of truthfulness.
4. As early as 2002 OBL was rumored to have died from kidney failure. Subsequent photos of him were obvious fakes e.g. the one based on a Spanish politician's face. Voices are easy to fake using consumer-grade software.
5. If he was not dead in 2002, he would have remained a valued CIA asset very much not worth killing because his bogeyman antics has meant big $$ profits $$ for the military industrial complex. Before 9/11 he was even being pandered to:
CRG -- The CIA met Bin Laden while undergoing treatment at an American Hospital last July in Dubai
If the military industrial complex really did off him, it was because (A) they have sufficient new bogeymen to waste taxpayer money pursuing e.g. Gaddafi, and (B) they knew he could never be convicted in a criminal trial, for the simple reason that there is no credible evidence against him.