Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    yassie is offline Senior Member

Default Philadelphia drivers

why are Philly drivers the worst? Every day I see someone going through a red light-making a left turn from a far right lane etc and etc -Where are the cops? Probably eating hoagies?

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

You really don't get out much if you think Philadelphia drivers are "the worst".
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

OldMama is offline Senior Member

I agree that Philly drivers are not the worst but I think they're getting faster. I am now regularly passed on the expressway by people going well above 70. There was a big accident near Conshy yesterday because traffic slowed and cars couldn't stop. On my way home today, I got off the Vine St at 95S to exit at Washington Ave. A young lady behind me stayed on me so closely that I could see her hair scrunchy and her earrings. She tried to pass even when the road went down to one lane. I was going 60 at the time just to keep her from riding up my back. Nuts.

NJbound is offline Guest

people are people. Everyone is in a hurry and really don't give much matter to others but the further you get away from Philly, the more laid back people are and generally will give ya a break and be a bit more courteous. But all cities are tough to drive in due to sheer amount of people.. Have you ever driven in NYC? lol

John Goodman is offline Senior Member

Drivers are way worse in jersey

I'd say miami probably has the worst drivers

Philly isn't too bad... Driving in the city is pretty simple, hard to screw it up

NJbound is offline Guest

Nope, Way 'nicer' over here then the city.. You can get out in traffic a lot easier in Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodman View Post
    Drivers are way worse in jersey

I'd say miami probably has the worst drivers

Philly isn't too bad... Driving in the city is pretty simple, hard to screw it up

Gladys is offline Senior Member

Don't forget Boston.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L

How to start an argument online. (Or off line.)
    1. Express an opinion.
    2. Wait.

OffenseTaken is offline Junior Dilettante

In Des Moines, there are people who insist that Des Moines drivers are the worst.

organizatron is offline Junior Member

I have to agree with the Op. I moved from NYC and instantly noticed that drivers here totally flaunt the law, maybe because the law is nowhere to be found. I get tailgated constantly, people don't signal and they speed. It's such a small city and takes so little time to get across, that I really can't explain it in terms of rushing. But the driving aggression is out of control and i wish there was more enforcement.

Dayman is offline Champion of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by NJbound View Post
    Nope, Way 'nicer' over here then the city.. You can get out in traffic a lot easier in Jersey.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In NJ I always have some ******* in a big truck or SUV pulling some stupid sh!t like the jersey slide. And your roads are horribly designed.

Philly drivers suck ass too, no one uses their turn signal, but for pure aggression, NJ wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine
    “The World is my country, all Mankind are my brethren, and to do Good is my religion.”

Bixbyte is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by yassie View Post
    why are Philly drivers the worst? Every day I see someone going through a red light-making a left turn from a far right lane etc and etc -Where are the cops? Probably eating hoagies?
    Philadelphia drivers are probably the best drivers in the USA.
    Hear that you pedophile lover Corbett?
    Wait till I vote all Republicans out of State office.
    And vote all Philadelphia city council members out of their jobs.
    I am a pissed off Old Dinosaur.

Oladybug is offline Philaphile

Having driven in both Manahattan and Philly, I personally find driving in Philly to be much more harrowing. It just seems to me that there are fewer traffic scofflaws there, and the NYC pedestrians are DEFINITELY more observant of traffic signals.
    "It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me; it's the one that says, 'To Whom It May Concern.'"
    -- Anonymous resident of Belfast, Ireland

FKD19124 is offline Banned

I would say jersey is sligtly worse than Philly.
    In jersey, the drive up your ass, honk when you are trying to yeild to on coming traffic,
    zip in and out of lanes. list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayman View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In NJ I always have some ******* in a big truck or SUV pulling some stupid sh!t like the jersey slide. And your roads are horribly designed.

Philly drivers suck ass too, no one uses their turn signal, but for pure aggression, NJ wins.
    Consider the source, Dayman. Don'tcha know that according to NJbound, EVERYTHING is better in the Garden State, no matter the topic.
    "It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me; it's the one that says, 'To Whom It May Concern.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Oladybug View Post
    Having driven in both Manahattan and Philly, I personally find driving in Philly to be much more harrowing. It just seems to me that there are fewer traffic scofflaws there, and the NYC pedestrians are DEFINITELY more observant of traffic signals.
    Having just returned from NYC, I have to say BS.

daninpa is offline Cheesesteak GURU!

The blinker thing is annoying. But I've noticed quite a few times when someone wants to change a lane, they will put their blinker on while they're changing a lane, realize there's a car there, and jerk back to their original lane.

Also passing on the right and going slow on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Having just returned from NYC, I have to say BS.
    Ya know, I'm not at all surprised that you would dispute my own personal observation, HG, but that is my perception and I stand by it. I really don't appreciate your saying that because your viewpoint is different from mine, mine is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oladybug View Post
    Ya know, I'm not at all surprised that you would dispute my own personal observation, HG, but that is my perception and I stand by it. I really don't appreciate your saying that because your viewpoint is different from mine, mine is BS.
    I don't know but just today, while walking along 8th Ave, no sooner did traffic clear out momentarily than did at least half a dozen people step off of the sidewalk, against the light...even NY's Finest. Sorry you feel offended that I think it's BS that everything is so much better there, but my daughter lives there and I spend lots of time in NY. The people look no different than here, they act no more or less douchey than here, and they really aren't better drivers. Just my observations. It's just as dirty in NY as it is here, unless it happens to be some street where extra effort is made.

ScottBudman is offline Senior Member

Worst drivers......

1) Boston
    2) Philadelphia
    3) DC
    4) San Francisco
    5) Ft Lauderdale

Sorry NYC (Manhattan) doesn't even make my top 20 worst list

Also this.
    Cities With The Worst Drivers 2012 - Forbes

toxigal is offline Senior Member

i don't know about worst, but they are the rudest i've encountered. once the dude next to me tried to change lanes and unfortunately (for them), i was where they wanted to be. i ended up having to turn hard into the curb to avoid being hit and lost a hubcap in the process. the other dude layed on his horn and flipped me off as he sped away.