Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    roxyfoxy is offline Senior Member

Default Channel 10's Tim Lake is OUTTA HERE!

He's outta Channel 10, anyway. Finally! Could never understand why the station kept him on so long. He was stupid as hell and not even good-looking. I never thought I'd see the day. Alleluia! I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
    She understood history, memory, record.
    And I will not forget her, a common housewife, who rose above her nature.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

You wouldn't even known if Philly.com didn't say something

Dan Gross: Shallow send-off for NBC10's Lake

Which is shady after this send off:

Terry Ruggles Calls It a Career | NBC 10 Philadelphia
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

Brian616 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    You wouldn't even known if Philly.com didn't say something

Dan Gross: Shallow send-off for NBC10's Lake

Which is shady after this send off:

Terry Ruggles Calls It a Career | NBC 10 Philadelphia
    I don't usually have strong feelings about newscasters, but I always got a kick out of Terry. He seemed just as annoyed to be up at 6 AM as I was.

lucidinnature is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roxyfoxy View Post
    He's outta Channel 10, anyway. Finally! Could never understand why the station kept him on so long. He was stupid as hell and not even good-looking. I never thought I'd see the day. Alleluia! I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
    Well, from this post, it seems that you're a rather shallow and unintelligent lady who probably isn't easy on the eyes. Seriously, how invested people get about local news personalities merely shows their own inherent flaws, not those of the one doing their job on the idiot box.

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

Quote Originally Posted by lucidinnature View Post
    Well, from this post, it seems that you're a rather shallow and unintelligent lady who probably isn't easy on the eyes. Seriously, how invested people get about local news personalities merely shows their own inherent flaws, not those of the one doing their job on the idiot box.
    It would put a spring in my step if Renee was fired from NBC10. I wonder why she works that job given who hubbies is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    It would put a spring in my step if Renee was fired from NBC10. I wonder why she works that job given who hubbies is.
    She had her job prior to being married to him, didn't she?

I think they all do a fine job. The weekend ones are a bit amateurish, but that's why they get the weekend shifts. Hell, I even like the hot mess that is abc nightly news when I'm pulling an all nighter.

She had her job prior to being married to him, didn't she?

I think they all do a fine job. The weekend ones are a bit amateurish, but that's why they get the weekend shifts. Hell, I even like the hot mess that is abc nightly news when I'm pulling an all nighter.

Yeah I think she had it before him.

My point is that some people who are lacking in intelligence are often kept on as TV anchors and reporters because they are easy on the eyes, and Tim Lake is neither intelligent---fact---nor good-looking---MY opinion, and yet he was on the station for 20 years, which always led me to believe he "had something" on somebody or "knew where bodies are buried," (figuratively speaking, of course). I'm not "invested" in any local news personalities, I just didn't care for TL and often wondered WHY he was kept on as long as he was. From some of the comments I've read online, I'm not the only one.

I am not shallow, I am intelligent, I am not going to win any beauty contests, I have inherent flaws (as does everybody)---but then, I'M not on TV.

funk is offline Senior Member

I bet that super hottie sheena parveen was getting creeped out by him.

How exactly can you determine someone's intelligence by the way they recite copy from a teleprompter???? As stated-such comments are indeed shallow and without merit.

It's like telling some entertainer "you suck!", without the ability to do anything near their caliber of delivery or form. Intelligence is shown through many avenues. If you were stuck into the same scenario, I'm certain that you'd look dumber than a doorknob by being unable to deliver lines, know proficient timing in your head down to the second, or grasp how to prepare for the next segment in between breaks. What looks easy usually isn't, and I'd often love to see couch quarterbacks attempt to do 1/100 of the job.
    My point is that some people who are lacking in intelligence are often kept on as TV anchors and reporters because they are easy on the eyes, and Tim Lake is neither intelligent---fact---nor good-looking---MY opinion, and yet he was on the station for 20 years, which always led me to believe he "had something" on somebody or "knew where bodies are buried," (figuratively speaking, of course). I'm not "invested" in any local news personalities, I just didn't care for TL and often wondered WHY he was kept on as long as he was. From some of the comments I've read online, I'm not the only one.

I am not shallow, I am intelligent, I am not going to win any beauty contests, I have inherent flaws (as does everybody)---but then, I'M not on TV.

It's not a conspiracy (the Tim Lake being pushed off the air thing).

The station is doing a purge. I'm sure it's going to also come packaged with new graphics and a revamp of the set along with it. The strategy will just do what it has always has done when 3 and 10 try to reinvent themselves--people unhappy with the changes will switch to 6 because 6 almost never changes.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    It's not a conspiracy (the Tim Lake being pushed off the air thing).

The station is doing a purge. I'm sure it's going to also come packaged with new graphics and a revamp of the set along with it.
    This would be the 3rd revamp for NBC 10 in the past 5 years....not counting the makeovers their Website had...
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

iheartphilly is offline Senior Member

One week. Can you go one week without interrupting topics, without a single insult, nasty little judgments, bragging & overall unpleasantness?

Preesi is offline Senior Member

John Goodman is online now Senior Member

He was there 20 years, deserves a bit more respect than this

PhilaCap is offline Senior Member

Celebrating over a newscaster leaving? Weird.

And how do you know he was stupid?

He was kept on as long as he was because of a lawsuit he filed against the station 10 years ago.

Channel 10 seems to have a hard time finding people who are real "anchor material."

As for Larry Mendte, he's not high on my list, either. I e-mailed him once about a story and he called me at home and left a message to call him back; unfortunately, he gave me the WRONG phone number.

I guess we will never see the likes of Rich Noonan and Jill Chernekoff, who were on Channel 29 years ago and were probably the best anchor team this city has ever seen.

Holy crap- and people think I'm nuts!

This whole conversation is reminiscent of the schizophrenic lady who comes into my shop everyday praising Tina Fey.

Preesi is offline Senior Member

I honestly dont care about the people at 10 or 3, I watch Action News...

But the Alicia Layne and Larry Mendte sitch was amusing, as was the John Bolaris and Russian Women thing. The Brahin Ahmadiya thing was sad,
    AND who could forget the Howard Eskin and Telemart host wife affair...

Monica Malpass's "No Groping" clause in her prenup is also amusing...

Channel 10 or 3 sh*t canning Marc Howard after his defection was hilarious, he thought he was gonna be BIG CHEESE at the new station, he was a turncoat.

HOWEVER, Ill say that the BEST drama has got to be on QVC backstage, they are some major prima donnas

RittenhouseGirl is offline Senior Member

Having a seething hatred for a script-reading newscaster is kind of funny. But I also had pet peeves for them a few times.

Marc Howard's cotton ball head always irritated me. I also thought Ron Howard of Evening Magazine was a dork. Now that's going back. Does anyone remember the Evening Magazine dancers?