Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrabbas

Catman is offline Smiley Whore

Default Carrabbas

Went to Carrabbas for dinner with a group of people. Decided to get something to take home so I got the Lobster Mac n Cheese.

When I got it home I went to put it in the fridge but something didn't look right. When I opened the container what they gave me was dry cavatappi pasta with lobster sprinkled on top with a bit of melted parmesan. What a disappointment! I figured someone made a mistake and forgot to toss the pasta in cheese sauce so I called them and asked if this is how they prepared the dish and I had to explain it to 3 different people before they agreed to give me a new entree on my next visit. Rather than say I'm sorry and just take care of me the manager proceeded to make excuses as to what happened. He claimed the pasta sucked up all the cheese sauce and that it was my fault because I didn't ask for EXTRA SAUCE. I don't want to hear excuses. I know dry pasta when I see it. Someone clearly made the dish incorrectly.

It was a completely underwhelming experience. Had the lasagna and it was 3 single layers of pasta with 2 layers of ricotta cheese. I don't think it was even 1" high.

I'll never go back and they can stick their free entree up their @ss!

I'll be going to Maggiano's from now on where the lasagna is many layers and is about 3-4" high
    I love my cats!

loveisnoise is offline Senior Member

Ummmm.... could you please tell me where there is a Carrabas in Philadelphia?

I can also plainly tell you that you're full of ****. There is absolutely no restaurant, especially a chain, where the manager would get on the phone and tell you that a dish is 'your fault'. Didn't happen. Period.

This is exactly how a-hole yelpers think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Went to Carrabbas for dinner with a group of people. Decided to get something to take home so I got the Lobster Mac n Cheese.

When I got it home I went to put it in the fridge but something didn't look right. When I opened the container what they gave me was dry cavatappi pasta with lobster sprinkled on top with a bit of melted parmesan. What a disappointment! I figured someone made a mistake and forgot to toss the pasta in cheese sauce so I called them and asked if this is how they prepared the dish and I had to explain it to 3 different people before they agreed to give me a new entree on my next visit. Rather than say I'm sorry and just take care of me the manager proceeded to make excuses as to what happened. He claimed the pasta sucked up all the cheese sauce and that it was my fault because I didn't ask for EXTRA SAUCE. I don't want to hear excuses. I know dry pasta when I see it. Someone clearly made the dish incorrectly.

It was a completely underwhelming experience. Had the lasagna and it was 3 single layers of pasta with 2 layers of ricotta cheese. I don't think it was even 1" high.

I'll never go back and they can stick their free entree up their @ss!

I'll be going to Maggiano's from now on where the lasagna is many layers and is about 3-4" high

luchobucho is offline Senior Member

WTF is a carrabas? Is that the crappy chain that advertises on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by luchobucho View Post
    WTF is a carrabas? Is that the crappy chain that advertises on TV?
    It's the suburban slightly less trashy version of Olive Garden. The fact that this person is comparing it to maggiano's shows their culinary knowledge and general ignorance to food in general

And who the hell goes to an "Italian " place and gets Mac n cheese then complains? Oh yeah- the same yelp types that go to a dive bar then complain about the lack of wine selection. Idiots.

Polar Cub is offline Better than a cat

Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    It's the suburban slightly less trashy version of Olive Garden.
    Exactly.

We went to one in NJ, and will never forget it. The entire meal - salad to dessert was terrible.

Ummmm.... could you please tell me where there is a Carrabas in Philadelphia?

I can also plainly tell you that you're full of ****. There is absolutely no restaurant, especially a chain, where the manager would get on the phone and tell you that a dish is 'your fault'. Didn't happen. Period.

This is exactly how a-hole yelpers think.
    It was on Street Road technically in Bensalem

Don't tell me what the manager did or didn't say you weren't on the phone with him.
    I love my cats!

It's the suburban slightly less trashy version of Olive Garden. The fact that this person is comparing it to maggiano's shows their culinary knowledge and general ignorance to food in general
    I didn't choose where to eat. I was with a group that wanted to go there. I prefer Maggiano's as far as the Italian chain restaurants go. The best Italian food I get are the dishes I make myself.
    I love my cats!

Geno is offline Moderator

I went to McDonalds and the food was processed! From now on I'm going to Burger King.

OffenseTaken is offline Junior Dilettante

I didn't choose where to eat. I was with a group that wanted to go there. I prefer Maggiano's as far as the Italian chain restaurants go. The best Italian food I get are the dishes I make myself.
    Sounds like you just found out why it's numbnuts to eat at an Italian-themed chain restaurant when you live in Philadelphia. I'm surprised you didn't know this, since you seem to take more of an interest in gastronomy than the average schmo.

"Is there a single Mexican restaurant in East L.A.? Oh thank heavens, here's a Taco Bell." You live and learn, buddy!

NickleDimer is offline Senior Member

Goes to bad restaurant.
    Gets bad food.
    Is shocked, wants sympathy.
    Gets none.

Giavella Water is offline Senior Member

Never heard of an Italian dish called Lobster Mac n Cheese...number one. Number two, the 'cooks' at these chains probably learned their trade in the military, prison, or some hospital cafeteria.

guzzijason is offline Mostly Human

Quote Originally Posted by Giavella Water View Post
    Never heard of an Italian dish called Lobster Mac n Cheese...number one. Number two, the 'cooks' at these chains probably learned their trade in the military, prison, or some hospital cafeteria.
    Sheesh. Next, you'll be trying to tell us that gabbagool isn't Italian.

__Jason

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

It was on Street Road technically in Bensalem

Don't tell me what the manager did or didn't say you weren't on the phone with him.
    I can say with 100% certainty that the manager did not say "it's your fault." You are lying and exaggerating.

I can say with 100% certainty that the manager did not say "it's your fault." You are lying and exaggerating.
    I am not a liar. You just enjoy running around the forum causing controversy.
    I love my cats!

I am not a liar. You just enjoy running around the forum causing controversy.
    Uhhhhh... you are the one who is not following the rules, exaggerating, and fail to follow the simplest directions.

This restaurant is not in Philadelphia. Period. You might as well be bitching about a chain in Arizona.

You are a liar. No, absolutely no Carraba's chain manager gave you a free meal and yet said it was your fault. Even the mere reciting of those events are so off. Did they mail you anything? What, they just said 'come in for a free meal!' Bull to the ****.

RedBullMB is offline Senior Member

So you ate a crappy meal and decided to order an additional one to go? Didn't you learn your lesson the first time around?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullMB View Post
    So you ate a crappy meal and decided to order an additional one to go? Didn't you learn your lesson the first time around?
    These are exactly the details in reviews like this that let me call b.s. on the whole thing.

forkiks is offline Senior Member

unfortunate but true, there are people that consider places like carrabbas and maggianos to be true italian restaurants....that's why people go to them.

you won't find any sympathy here regarding your carrabbas mis-adventure. This is what you get when you go to places like this. Consider it a life lesson, or continue making similar mistakes.
    If only you put as much effort in finding decent italian restaurants as you do when you called the restaurant to complain.