Register
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Jayfar's Avatar
    Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    G-Who?
    Posts
    5,399

    Default So what N. Orianna St. building collapsed last night?

    Building under construction collapses in N. Phila.

    A three-story building, which was under construction, collapsed Friday evening in North Philadelphia. The building collapse on the 1200 block of North Orianna Street was reported at 8:45 p.m., a Fire Department information officer said. No injuries were reported.
    Vacant building collapses in Northern Liberties | 6abc.com
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

  2. #2
    the mule's Avatar
    the mule is offline Tumescent Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    325 W. Girard. Construction had stopped and it already had violations for being imminently dangerous:

    May 2013: City of Philadelphia: LI Property History

    And then October 2012 to April 2013: City of Philadelphia: LI Property History

    HTML Code:
    STATUS
    CLOSED
    
    RESOLUTION DATE
    April 29, 2013
    
    PRIORITY
    IMMINENTLY DANGEROUS
    
    VIOLATION CODE	VIOLATION TYPE			VIOLATION DATE		STATUS		LOCATION
    A-304.1/1	ARCHITECT/ENGINEER SERVICES	October 31, 2012	Complied	325 West Girard
    PM-308.1/11	WALL PARTIALLY COLLAPSED ID	October 31, 2012	Complied	front
    PM-308.1/9	WALL LOOSE/MISS BRICKS ID	October 31, 2012	Complied	front
    So it seems like nearly a year ago they knew a wall was partially collapsed with loose and missing bricks, yet somehow it was closed out in April and marked as "complied." Everyone who has ever reported any L&I violation to 311 has gotten the frustrating, inexplicable "complied" or "unfounded" responses for much more minor violations, but this is a bit more questionable.

  3. #3
    loveisnoise's Avatar
    loveisnoise is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mom's, the studio, or your mom's bed.
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Nope, not L&I's fault. Nope, nothing to see here.

    Hey, let's find a stoned construction worker to blame! Maybe we can find one coming out of the health services building!

  4. #4
    cafeguy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    325 W. Girard. Construction had stopped and it already had violations for being imminently dangerous:

    May 2013: City of Philadelphia: LI Property History

    And then October 2012 to April 2013: City of Philadelphia: LI Property History

    HTML Code:
    STATUS
    CLOSED
    
    RESOLUTION DATE
    April 29, 2013
    
    PRIORITY
    IMMINENTLY DANGEROUS
    
    VIOLATION CODE	VIOLATION TYPE			VIOLATION DATE		STATUS		LOCATION
    A-304.1/1	ARCHITECT/ENGINEER SERVICES	October 31, 2012	Complied	325 West Girard
    PM-308.1/11	WALL PARTIALLY COLLAPSED ID	October 31, 2012	Complied	front
    PM-308.1/9	WALL LOOSE/MISS BRICKS ID	October 31, 2012	Complied	front
    So it seems like nearly a year ago they knew a wall was partially collapsed with loose and missing bricks, yet somehow it was closed out in April and marked as "complied." Everyone who has ever reported any L&I violation to 311 has gotten the frustrating, inexplicable "complied" or "unfounded" responses for much more minor violations, but this is a bit more questionable.
    Part of it also collapsed last summer during the hurricane! They cleaned it up really fast though, and ended up knocking down that corner property. Now it looks like the wall of the building next to it came tumbling down.

  5. #5
    Jayfar's Avatar
    Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    G-Who?
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Morning Headlines: Partial Building Collapse at Fourth and Girard | Property: Philadelphia Real Estate

    Kind of a circular reference, since it points right back to this thread.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

  6. #6
    Jayfar's Avatar
    Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    G-Who?
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

  7. #7
    loveisnoise's Avatar
    loveisnoise is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mom's, the studio, or your mom's bed.
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    I love it..."Nothing's quick in the legal process..." Uhhhhhhhh, how about an eminent threat of collapse?! Tear the building down and bill the land owner, then seize the properties and give them to some one who will develop.

  8. #8
    Baloo's Avatar
    Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Geez, when it rains it pours around here.

  9. #9
    phljoe is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kensington South
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    I love it..."Nothing's quick in the legal process..." Uhhhhhhhh, how about an eminent threat of collapse?! Tear the building down and bill the land owner, then seize the properties and give them to some one who will develop.
    Owner is Carlos Sanchez. Check his tax records and those under the first names of Gilberto, Aida, Sedo. These are all the same family and they own dozens of properties in and around Kensington owing tens of thousands of dollars in total.Back in the ‘90’s one of their buildings collapsed in the vicinity of 2500 No. 2nd St. that killed a woman.

  10. #10
    loveisnoise's Avatar
    loveisnoise is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mom's, the studio, or your mom's bed.
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    The way the building collapsed, you can see into the other one that he was renovating. What a crap show.

  11. #11
    carpetbagger is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    19123
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveisnoise View Post
    The way the building collapsed, you can see into the other one that he was renovating. What a crap show.
    looks like they were working inside the building with the collapsed wall (325). don't see any building permits posted on L&I's site, either...

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2