Register
+ Reply to Thread
    lucidinnature is offline Banned

Default NIMBY Heart Attack In 3,2,1....

Sooooooo... things have been popping up on facebook like crazy tonight, all about a new club opening soon in Northern Liberties...

I'll just leave this hear and let the cartooooooooooons begin!

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Looks like they have a facebook page up giving the address as 1155 N. Front St (Front & Girard), aka Club Ozz.

1155-57 N FRONT STREET, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123 - Google Maps
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

snick33 is offline Senior Member

The owners of the Gold Club also now own Club Ozz. So it was likely coming. Can anyone who has been to both compare them?

phljoe is offline Member

Wasn't the Gold Club going to open a few years ago at 13th and Locust? They failed in that, but if I recall their argument for a license was that they were a first class operation. Maybe this will be an improvement over Ozz.

thetalkingmule is online now Senior Member

Um.....there's no way to improve Club Ozz. It's perfect.
    "People who don't punch their ponies make me sick!"

MNG1324 is online now Senior Member
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner

The Gold Club is on Chancellor Street in Center City off of 15th Street, basically it's behind the Applebee's. They were busted last year I think for offering sex acts in the private rooms. While it's not a dive like Club Ozz, it's also not upscale like Delilah's.

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Quote Originally Posted by phljoe View Post
    Wasn't the Gold Club going to open a few years ago at 13th and Locust?
    If that was the Gold Club, apparently they did manage instead to open in the alley between The Bellevue and Applebee's.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/gold-club-philadelphia

The Gold Club

EDIT: I see MNG1324 was posting at the same time I did.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

Gladys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MNG1324 View Post
    The Gold Club is on Chancellor Street in Center City off of 15th Street, basically it's behind the Applebee's. They were busted last year I think for offering sex acts in the private rooms. While it's not a dive like Club Ozz, it's also not upscale like Delilah's.
    wow - see i had no idea it was even there!
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

carpetbagger is offline Member

so, it's going to go from one strip club to another... shouldn't come as a surprise. don't see any point in sounding the NIMBY dog whistle, either. the status quo is going to stay the same at that corner until we get more residents living closer to the El and more pressure to clean up that crucial intersection. FNA, KSNAC (or whatever they're called now), and NLNA need to work together to make this a non-scummy 'gateway' to the various neighborhoods.

lucidinnature is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carpetbagger View Post
    so, it's going to go from one strip club to another... shouldn't come as a surprise. don't see any point in sounding the NIMBY dog whistle, either. the status quo is going to stay the same at that corner until we get more residents living closer to the El and more pressure to clean up that crucial intersection. FNA, KSNAC (or whatever they're called now), and NLNA need to work together to make this a non-scummy 'gateway' to the various neighborhoods.
    You really need to lay of the McMeth from the McDonald's bathroom.