Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Kent is offline Member

Default What's the construction happening on Richmond st?

Drove up Richmond St for the first time in a couple of months (so this may have been covered), but I noticed that the road is all torn up for the trolley, but there seems to be a huge area of land on the east side of the street that has been bulldozed or dug up between around the Pep Boys and the building that used to have big Diamond Furniture billboard on it... anyone know what is going on there?

Bobbie3Sheets is offline Member

They are moving Richmond St 100 feet east towards the river to facilitate the widening of i95. Additionally they will be adding on and off ramps at the former Cramp ship yard site as well as re-routing Delware Ave.

Little_Mike is offline Junior Member

do you know if there are any PDFs or maps of the construction plans?

I saw that they are levelling out ground in the conrail yards. I guess this will be the new Richmond street?

I also heard that they are making on/off ramps that are similar to the Columbus Blvd exit. Do you know if this is true, and if so, where these ramps are going to be located at??

Thanks!

ArcticSplash is offline Dixie Normus

You can get everything at 95revive.com
    Last edited by ArcticSplash; 02-20-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Little_Mike is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    You can get everything at 95revive.com
    Awesome, thanks!

It seems that they also published this website I-95 Sustainable Initiatives :: Transforming community spaces beneath I-95 along Philadelphia's northern waterfront

It is pretty sweet!

I'm really excited about this Columbia Park proposal, but I haven't heard much about it

Radical Ed is offline Public Nuisance

The Diamond Furniture building is being abated inside and that usually means it's being readied for demolition.
    Remember the giant Marlboro billboards on the roof before the Stella Artois went up?
    "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd..."
    "...Smiling."

Pink Floyd

qguy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mike View Post
    do you know if there are any PDFs or maps of the construction plans?
    Here's a link to a PDF of the project plan: http://www.95revive.com/docs/I95%20G...ng300_6-11.pdf

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mike View Post
    do you know if there are any PDFs or maps of the construction plans?!

Ugh, PDF are too much:

Last edited by mixiboi; 02-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

Radical Ed, do you know for certain that the Diamond Furniture Building will be demolished? I was wondering (wishing) this myself. It's only reason for existence was for the billboard. I believe they moved all the cellular towers to the building across the street. Its so nice driving down the current Richmond St since all the billboards have been removed. Its ashame Dicicco's swan song was signing a bill ensuring there swift return.

qguy is offline Member

[QUOTE=Bobbie3Sheets;470339]Radical Ed, do you know for certain that the Diamond Furniture Building will be demolished?/QUOTE]

I don't know about Rad Ed, but I know for certain. The northbound lanes and Richmond St. will be shifted to where that building currently sits.

Not to rehash this, but one would think that this building should have been demoed if it was truly being knocked down. What's the hold up? The work seems to be progressing. I wouldn't imagine they'd wait too much longer. Additionally, the Stella Billboard is still atop the building. I would think this would need to be disassembled like the other billboards along the corridor. The plans I've seen show the new Richmond St going around this building. Any updates? Thanks!