What can you do right now to help correct the blighted, dangerous building at York & Jasper street?
The first thing, requiring almost zero effort, is simply click on "Vote to Fix" on "SeeClickFix":
Structure not secured. Dangerous conditions - Kensington, Philadelphia, PA, Philadelphia - Issue #136238 - SeeClickFix
(it will ask for an email address to keep you updated on progress)
The next thing, the most helpful at this time and not requiring a lot of effort, is to file 311 complaints:
Philly311 - Ask A Question
Here's my format:
Where it says "*** ISSUE(S) ***", I put the word "ISSUE" or "ISSUES" and then list one (or sometimes two, if closely related) issues from this list:I am requesting building code enforcement regarding a neglected property posing dangerous conditions and imposing blight on the neighborhood.
*** ISSUE(S) ***
PROPERTY ADDRESS: 1817 E YORK ST
YORK ST DEVELOPMENT LLC,
C/O DARRELL M ZASLOW
ONE OXFORD VALLEY STE 312,
LANGHORNE PA 19047
Thanks to Kenso for pulling together the contact info & the list of violations.1. Brickwork on curtain walls on E YORK ST and E BOSTON ST is failing. Brick dust on pavement. Holes in brickwork.
2. 70+ missing/damaged windows throughout complex
3. Fire tower on E BOSTON ST has collapsed stairs and open entry door. This is unsecured and open to anyone to enter.
4. Aluminum gate along JASPER ST side of complex is not secure, vagrants entering/leaving complex
5. Presence of vagrants / fire hazard
6. Missing roof structure on E YORK side of complex, in danger of collapse
7. Unsecured elevator shafts in complex - death trap
8. Large hole in fume tower on E BOSTON side of complex you can see through this hole into the building. Bricks above hole are shifting. Danger of wall collapse.
9. Missing doors on JASPER ST fire tower. Fire escape decks poss. separating from structure. Poss. collapse hazard.
For details on the origin of all this, please see:
The York & Jasper Project | Fishtown.US