July 2 2012 Street Closures
This just came in:
Street Closures in the Parkway area
Beginning at 9:30 A.M. Tuesday, July 3 through Thursday, July 5, the eastbound inner drive of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be closed for set-up for the Philly 4th of July Jam/Grand Finale Fireworks. The westbound inner drive will be closed after the evening rush hour at about6:30 P.M.
Wednesday, July 4 (Independence Day)
July 4th Set-Up
The perimeter of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be closed, beginning at 6 A.M., and will stay closed until the end of the Parkway concert and fireworks -- between 20th and 25th Street, and between Race Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
Party on the Parkway (12 P.M. - 7 P.M.)
Eakins Oval and all drives on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be closed at 6 A.M. Only authorized vehicles will be allowed into the area, between 20th & 25th streets, and Pennsylvania Avenue to Race Street.
(Concert & Fireworks, 7 P.M. - 11 P.M.)
Beginning at 4 P.M., additional roads will be closed. Fairmount at Corinthian and Spring Garden at Broad Street will be closed. Additional road closures will span the area of the Parkway and stretch to Arch Street at the peak of the event. Area residents and persons with authorized parking will be allowed within the perimeter; others are advised to use public transportation, or parking outside of the area.
9th district will place 2 barricades each on Spring Garden at 17th, 19th, 21st, and 22nd; on Callowhill at 18th and 19th; 21st and Hamilton; 24th and Fairmount and 8 barricades to Love Park.
TRAFFIC / PARKING:
9th District will post Temporary No Parking signs at the following locations on Monday, July 2nd, with no parking enforced from 7pm July 3rd to 7AM July 5th:
· 2200 - 2900 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue south side only.
· 2300-2400 blocks of Fairmount Avenue
· 20th Street from Callowhill north to Spring Garden.
· 21st Street from Pennsylvania north to Spring Garden.
· 2100-1900 block of Hamilton Street.
· 23rd Spring Garden to Broad
· 1600-2000 block Arch Street.
· 1500-1700 block JFK
Pennsylvania Avenue south side must remain clear to prevent potential gridlock during the concert and fireworks and to allow the Police Tow units sufficient access in and out of the Parkway area.
On Wednesday, July 4th during the 8AM x 4PM tour of duty, two 9th District officers will be assigned specifically to the 2200 - 2900 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue to enforce the no parking areas.
On July 4, tow trucks will assist with the relocation of vehicles in violation of the no parking zones.
SUPERVISORS WILL ENSURE THAT ALL RELOCATED VEHICLE 48'S CONTAIN THE TAG NUMBERS OF THE VEHICLES MOVED.
At 4PM Traffic Unit will close the following streets:
Fairmount closes to westbound traffic at Corinthian, diverted NB onto Corinthian.
15TH, 17TH, 19TH & 21ST Streets will be closed to southbound traffic at Spring Garden and diverted EB onto Spring Garden toward Broad Street.
Spring Garden Street will be closed to west bound traffic at Broad Street. Callowhill Street will be closed to west bound traffic at Broad Street.
Hamilton Street will be closed to west bound traffic at 17TH Street.
29TH Southbound shut down at Poplar Street and diverted onto Poplar EB or WB.
In the event a vehicle is towed, the following sequence of events will take place:
1) Once the vehicle has been relocated by police tow squad, a police report will be generated including the make, model and tag number of the vehicle relocated. This information will be transmitted to police radio dispatch.
2) When someone discovers their vehicle is missing from the restricted areas, they should contact police with the tag number, make and model information. The tow file will be checked by police and the owner will be advised of where their car was taken.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO