Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    MNG1324 is online now Senior Member
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner

The Judge will be expecting alot of money from the Unions come next election cycle. Their community service will be to clean up the glass from all the car windows they smashed and to clean up the oil they spilled in front of the site.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

Just wait for the carnage if the LCB employees lose their jobs.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Not my pic, but it came across my feed:

Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

Again beyond ugly, especially in Philadelphia. This is the sort of design one would expect in Manila.

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    Again beyond ugly, especially in Philadelphia. This is the sort of design one would expect in Manila.
    Well the blue horizontal bands won't actually be blue when they get their panels attached, and it won't have that crappy instagram filter on it in real life, so I expect it to look a lot better when it's finished.

raider.adam is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    Well the blue horizontal bands won't actually be blue when they get their panels attached, and it won't have that crappy instagram filter on it in real life, so I expect it to look a lot better when it's finished.
    I honestly don't know why people use that instagram filter.

John Goodman is offline Senior Member

ya i commend the post bros for taking on the unions... but honestly the building looks like ****

i'd rather they forget the "green" stuff and keep the industrial look

raider.adam is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodman View Post
    ya i commend the post bros for taking on the unions... but honestly the building looks like ****

i'd rather they forget the "green" stuff and keep the industrial look
    I mean seriously, it has all those open walls on the outside. Who thought of that design? It's almost like it isn't even finished.

MNG1324 is online now Senior Member
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner

I think Stevie Wonder designed this.

Burholme06 is offline Senior Member

Although I’m not in love with the design either, I will say that it will really sticks out. By providing a sharp contrast, there will be no question that it’s a new residential development in the still desolate loft district. It will act as a beacon and tell passersby, “we ain’t all abandoned over here.” Keeping the original industrial fašade and adding new windows, wouldn’t have that affect.

Titus is offline Senior Member

I look forward to seeing the finished project. I passed it yesterday and was amazed. Frankly I think it's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by raider.adam View Post
    I mean seriously, it has all those open walls on the outside. Who thought of that design? It's almost like it isn't even finished.
    I guess if it's not finished it's hard to form an opinion either way, but good to see progress in the area.

Malloy is offline Administrator

The roof deck will be awesome.
    Like PS on Facebook!

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    The roof deck will be awesome.
    Agreed.

And for all those who wanted them to just keep the concrete facade - it was crumbling and deteriorated at quite a few spots, so even if they patched it, it would be obvious that it was patched. Furthermore, these old concrete and steel structures have their highly conductive steel-reinforced, concrete floors tied to their highly conductive steel-reinforced, concrete walls, which is great for taking all that heat in the winter and radiating it directly to the outside (and vice versa in the winter), wasting tons of energy and making the apartments quite uncomfortable. The skin they built around the building is fairly ambitious because it isolates that conductive structure and greatly reduces the potential for energy loss.

City Man is offline Senior Member

I walked past last week and the union guys all said hello to me, which is a change. The rat that they have is orange and pretty cool looking in my opinion.

This morning was very cold and there was no obvious sidewalk activity. As I walked near the gate, one of the guards came rushing toward it. I think that the parties involved somehow think I'm working there. I don't walk past there often.

daveydoo is offline Senior Member

Why the hell should builders pay prevailing union wages when they can use illegal immigrants at Wendy's wages? The builder at the Chestnut Hill Meeting site is so cheap he didn't even employ a camera to safeguard his work, despite many homeowners use them at their homes and get them at BJ's for 500 bucks or less. This on a $5mil job spells cheapo, and then he turns around and claims the union did the dirty deed while it was obviously his own crew.

"Unions help to raise wages and bring benefits to workers while keeping strict regulations on quality. Putting more money in workers’ pockets also pumps the local economy with extra revenue through consumer spending, Russo said."

As seen at the non-union catastrophe along the Schuylkill in Conshy the laughably described "Luxury at Londonbury" apartments are undergoing a total refit of windows and siding - although only three years old. This ineptitude is best described as the China Syndrome.
    Oh lets not forget the fire that brought in 89 surrounding fire co's and almost destroyed two towns due to cheap building practices.

Check out this comment from your article by a cheapo builder:

"While working on a 180-unit high-rise in Kansas City, Harris’ team was obligated to use union wage rates as part of a term on a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) loan.

“That cost the project an additional million dollars—which was so unnecessary,” he said. “We could have got qualified labor for a million less.”

jizay is offline Senior Member

You still here whining and posting your union apologetics? Post Bros won, building trades lost. Suck it. This is the beginning of the end, not only in Philly, but nationally.

Why the hell should builders pay prevailing union wages when they can use illegal immigrants at Wendy's wages? The builder at the Chestnut Hill Meeting site is so cheap he didn't even employ a camera to safeguard his work, despite many homeowners use them at their homes and get them at BJ's for 500 bucks or less. This on a $5mil job spells cheapo, and then he turns around and claims the union did the dirty deed while it was obviously his own crew.

"Unions help to raise wages and bring benefits to workers while keeping strict regulations on quality. Putting more money in workers’ pockets also pumps the local economy with extra revenue through consumer spending, Russo said."

As seen at the non-union catastrophe along the Schuylkill in Conshy the laughably described "Luxury at Londonbury" apartments are undergoing a total refit of windows and siding - although only three years old. This ineptitude is best described as the China Syndrome.
    Oh lets not forget the fire that brought in 89 surrounding fire co's and almost destroyed two towns due to cheap building practices.

Check out this comment from your article by a cheapo builder:

"While working on a 180-unit high-rise in Kansas City, Harris’ team was obligated to use union wage rates as part of a term on a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) loan.

“That cost the project an additional million dollars—which was so unnecessary,” he said. “We could have got qualified labor for a million less.”

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    You still here whining and posting your union apologetics? Post Bros won, building trades lost. Suck it. This is the beginning of the end, not only in Philly, but nationally.
    I see you are still unable to formulate a coherent counter-argument which is most likely a result of your getting kicked out of school in the eigth grade, never to return.

FWIW the Post brothers building is the ugliest excuse for construction that anyone has ever witnessed and is an instant blight on the Philly skyline, where anybody with any sense would decline venturing above the first floor. For our own safety we cross the street rather than walk near it.

Tacklebury is offline Member

FWIW the Post brothers building is the ugliest excuse for construction that anyone has ever witnessed and is an instant blight on the Philly skyline
    Yeah man they shoulda hired a Union dude to design the building! They could have used like 3 different color crayons plus a blue one cause blue means the sky.